Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Fat guy from a family of fat people here. I'm always trying to unlearn bad habits and break out of bad patterns, but it's my own fault at the end of the day. Luck and/or genetics has nothing to do with it for me.

My family members work their asses off to stay thin.

I don't know if I'm a pencil because of luck or because I don't eat soda/candy/baked goods/ice cream/pizza/fast food etc. Maybe it's a combo. I certainly don't exercise enough and being thin is NOT the same as being in shape. I really need to start walking more once the climate warms up.
Added at: 20:38
I guess this belongs in the whiny thread, but... I'm glad I took off from work to be in NY (even though that didn't happen) because if I had to go to work tomorrow, I'd be extra-pissed. I'm just annoyed for now.

M

makare

I dont care about most of it but I gotta have my ice cream. Id be sad without it.

I eat food that's terrible for me and I'm finally climbing up to an average weight for my height. I can't really say I'm "working hard" at it, but it's not easy for me to keep on weight. As a result I'll probably never be fat but it also means I'll probably never be that muscular either.

*shrug* Again, I haven't put a ton of work into it so feel free to shout me down. :awesome:

GasBandit

Staff member
I was fat. I went on a special diet for most of a year and lost a lot of weight. Since then I've put most of it back on again. I find I don't much care.

I'm in the gym 4 or 5 times a week to maintain my weight. I know the second I stop I'll weigh 300 pounds again.

Stupid fat family.
Added at: 17:30
I make idiot diet choices too. I like shitty, bad for you food too much. If I could, I would exist solely on delicious prime rib, rubbed in herbs and spices and just drenched in fried onions and the saltiest of au jus.

M

makare

Im pretty sure my main problem is I don't exercise at all. I HATE IT. I just cant bring myself to feel that it is worth the time spent working out considering how much I loathe it.

Maybe someday I'll be more masochistic...

Wanna know the thing I hate most in the world? Running. I fucking hate running. People who run for fun and do it as a hobby or as a recreational activity are worse than Hitler to me.

I do it because how useful is a cop that's winded after half a block?

YOU SIR, ARE WORSE THAN HITLER!

I can't find it in English, so here's the Eastern European version of some sort.

I really want to start saying "horší než hitler" now.

Edit: And my Google-fu says it's Czech. I learned exactly one word in the Czech Republic, and I forget it. But I'll hang onto this one.

M

makare

I walk on the treadmill and i even hate THAT.

Now when the gym was where the football players all worked out at least there was some eye candy...

Got to the bar early. Ordered apatizers so we'd have something to snack. On. I was just sitting there with like food for 3 for a while.

I discovered today that my book is being pirated. Not sure if I should be honored or angry. I'm moreover confused since half of it is available for free on my website anyway.

Neil Gaiman would like to have a cordial dialogue with you.

Yeah, but his story isn't the norm since his books are actually pretty good.

What Neil Gaiman is suggesting terrifies the mass media companies, since most of what they're putting out is fucking garbage.

Frankie says you suck, Quotemander. I don't think I'd let that slide, if I were you.
I blame it on his tragically Canadian sensibilities.

I did see that video a while back and on some level I think what he's saying makes sense, which is the only reason I had confusion over how to feel about it.

Does your book come in paper form? Otherwise, I probably would never read it. Sad but true.
It does come in paperback, but problems are:
1. It's admittedly not for everyone, being a book of fairy tales/folk tales, when it seems most people like a long story they can sink into.
2. It's for some reason out of stock on Amazon Canada, probably because I recently reloaded it to Amazon with a publishing imprint of my own and the re-upload is still rippling across different Amazon channels beyond the usual .com version.

Honestly--I don't have a Kindle or eBook reader yet because I love books, but I'm aware I'm going to need one because in the next 20 years real books are going to become like vinyl.

I walk on the treadmill and i even hate THAT.

Now when the gym was where the football players all worked out at least there was some eye candy...
You need to find a team sport. I'm usually part of a recreational soccer team. Now that I've moved to Qatar, I'm on a softball team that plays about once per week. I'll find a soccer team soon in order to really drop my holiday weight. Seriously, six weeks playing soccer knocked one and a half inches off my waist.

I do not like my eye being swollen, leaky, and itching when I can't rub it since that's probably how it got this way in the first place. No wonder I couldn't sleep.

figmentPez

Staff member
Saw a store's Valentine's Day ad with a picture of heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies. Damn, I really don't want to be reminded that not only am I still alone, but I can't even eat cookies or chocolate (without significantly harming my health).

It is waaaay too nice outside to want to be at work today, but I'm already down several hours for my first three days of hourly work so I can't just take off. Plus, even if I did, I know I'd wind up going home, doing dishes, and playing Skyrim until 1 or 2 in the morning and still not enjoying how nice it is outside.

GasBandit

Staff member
It is waaaay too nice outside to want to be at work today, but I'm already down several hours for my first three days of hourly work so I can't just take off. Plus, even if I did, I know I'd wind up going home, doing dishes, and playing Skyrim until 1 or 2 in the morning and still not enjoying how nice it is outside.
The weather is always nicer in Skyrim, because there's a 90% chance of badassery.