Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I work on PADS and UTIs at work all the time. But I can't talk about them at home, because my wife and daughter get all funny. It's annoying.

Not as annoying as PADS though, analog controls but digital testing, and the controls change with force applied, so a pump at the high end is 200 times the force at the low end.

And obsolete UTIs are simply a nightmare. No parts available, but same level of service required.

And here I thought you were going to whine that the school lost our son.

I had to suggest that they check his class.

It took them 30 minutes to call back and say, yes, he had been there all along.
FFS.

The hotel is full of so many terrible guests. They aren’t following our mask regulations. They are smoking heavy amounts of weed in the rooms despite being a non-smoking hotel. We had to call 9-1-1 two weekends ago because a guest was attempting to throw someone off a balcony. And tonight I had to deal with some guest who’s hiding out in a bathroom doing drugs with some friends of his despite him having checked out of his room 11 hours prior.

To be frank, "neurotypical" basically just means "is capable of working in the broken capitalist system without accommodations." Most of the non-neurotypical "problems" wouldn't have been a problem as little as a few hundred years ago and would actually have been helpful for several occupations.

To be frank, "neurotypical" basically just means "is capable of working in the broken capitalist system without accommodations." Most of the non-neurotypical "problems" wouldn't have been a problem as little as a few hundred years ago and would actually have been helpful for several occupations.
The real problem is that the system isn't broken. It's running exactly as it was designed to, and that's the truly terrible part.

The real problem is that the system isn't broken. It's running exactly as it was designed to, and that's the truly terrible part.
Yes. Conformity/interoperability is rewarded. Much easier than learning how to deal with disparate personality types.

--Patrick

...they're helpful for multiple occupations now! Trouble is, there's so much pressure to socialize with your peers that incompatible personalities get forced together and then there's friction.

--Patrick
There's a reason the joke goes "Autism causes vaccines" and not the other way around.

Yesterday was our big biweekly shopping trip.
Target already has their Thanksgiving stuff out.
Walmart has already started putting out their artificial Christmas trees.

—Patrick

Yesterday was our big biweekly shopping trip.
Target already has their Thanksgiving stuff out.
Walmart has already started putting out their artificial Christmas trees.

—Patrick
As much as I hate to say it... Halloween is pretty much cancelled this year. I can't blame them for it this time.

Garage cleared the Check Engine light. Yay.

Called a locksmith about the trunk. Labor alone to replace the core would be at least $100. Crap.

And there's still the whole head gasket/water pump/serpentine belt situation. Doesn't *need* done, but probably should be done given the car's age and the engine's reputation. *passes hat* Alms for an ex-leper?

well a couple weeks ago I store used a $2.50 lanyard to hold our out of stock tabs while we check empty spots on the shelf, I got reprimanded for it not being related to store business. I was more confused than anything else

Ever daydream and think about things not related to work so much that you are running behind?

That's me today. My whine is that I am distracted by trigonometry.

Ever daydream and think about things not related to work so much that you are running behind?
I spent almost an entire overnight shift in a convenience store trying to figure out how to efficiently tokenize bits (basically rediscovering a sort of Huffman coding), and then further discovering that no matter what method I used, the lengths of the most efficient groupings always followed the Fibonacci series.
Other nights I would do things like try to figure out the breakpoint where a smaller interest rate compounded monthly would catch up to/pass a larger rate compounded annually. This was before smartphones, so I had to invent my own entertainment.

—Patrick

I spent almost an entire overnight shift in a convenience store trying to figure out how to efficiently tokenize bits (basically rediscovering a sort of Huffman coding), and then further discovering that no matter what method I used, the lengths of the most efficient groupings always followed the Fibonacci series.
Other nights I would do things like try to figure out the breakpoint where a smaller interest rate compounded monthly would catch up to/pass a larger rate compounded annually. This was before smartphones, so I had to invent my own entertainment.

—Patrick
Whenever I took a long road trip every time I passed a mile marker, I used to find the lowest reduced fraction of the trip I'd gone.
GPS took all that away from me. I never even look at mile markers any more :(