Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

As things go, this sounds like it was one of the more opportune times, but still sorry to hear it.
Not because buy a new tire, but because man, I hate changing tubes. Ugh.

--Patrick

I just nearly had a heart attack. I heard a MASSIVE pop-like explosion. Couldn't figure the source, but it sounded like within my apartment.

Turns out the rear tire on my bike suddenly popped. No idea how what happened. It's been sitting idle for hours.

The worst part is I don't have an spare tube to replace it. So I'll have to take the bus tomorrow.
That's frustrating.

I can certainly empathize. I've had exactly this happen, except that it was actually my fault. I had a flat while out on the road and had changed the tube. Unfortunately, it got pinched against the wheel. It was fine with the pressure I get out of my frame pump, but when I got it home and used the floor pump, it lasted for all of 5 minutes and then "blam!"

As things go, this sounds like it was one of the more opportune times, but still sorry to hear it.
Not because buy a new tire, but because man, I hate changing tubes. Ugh.

--Patrick
See above.

It's not too late to falsify the will
My realtor is reaching out. My only hope is that his only child wants to continue the sale. If so, the upside may be that if the house doesn't appraise for sale price, she may lower the price to match just to get the house done and some money in her pocket.

Of course, the big downside may be "heck no, I'm not selling. I'm moving in."

My realtor is reaching out. My only hope is that his only child wants to continue the sale. If so, the upside may be that if the house doesn't appraise for sale price, she may lower the price to match just to get the house done and some money in her pocket.

Of course, the big downside may be "heck no, I'm not selling. I'm moving in."
That's when you create an elaborate hoax that makes it look like the father's ghost haunts the place and scare them enough to move out.

I know the housing market is frustrating for pretty much everyone on the hunt right now - I hope the sale still goes through for you Tin! - but damn, it's disheartening!

I get depressed quickly any time I start to look and even attempt to find a home. I'm sick of my shitty 400 sq ft apartment. I'm sick of not having space for anything or anyone in my life. I'm sick of not being able to decorate or have a space to even call my own. I'm just sad and I hate it. Utah can get fucked. :((

My landlord increased the rent 19% today, so I want out and want my own place, but homes are hard to come by here and even townhomes are scarce. But the ones that are available are so over priced it makes me want to dry heave. Adulthood ain't my fav y'all.

I know the housing market is frustrating for pretty much everyone on the hunt right now - I hope the sale still goes through for you Tin! - but damn, it's disheartening!

I get depressed quickly any time I start to look and even attempt to find a home. I'm sick of my shitty 400 sq ft apartment. I'm sick of not having space for anything or anyone in my life. I'm sick of not being able to decorate or have a space to even call my own. I'm just sad and I hate it. Utah can get fucked. :((

My landlord increased the rent 19% today, so I want out and want my own place, but homes are hard to come by here and even townhomes are scarce. But the ones that are available are so over priced it makes me want to dry heave. Adulthood ain't my fav y'all.
I'd say you could move here and rent one of my rooms. But I'm a perv, and Tyler is in BFE, and the guy selling me the house just died. heh

GasBandit

Staff member
Hey, I might have a house coming up for sale soon. Haven't heard back from that interview I had this week yet, though. They're calling my references and doing a background check.

Of course, BCS isn't exactly much more of a cultural hotspot than Tyler.

Hey, I might have a house coming up for sale soon. Haven't heard back from that interview I had this week yet, though. They're calling my references and doing a background check.

Of course, BCS isn't exactly much more of a cultural hotspot than Tyler.
Again, the offer is nice, but probably wouldn't pan out haha! I hope all goes well with that interview though. :heart:

My Alma Mater decided to stop paying for alumni google drive storage and gave us a heads up to back up any files. I wasn't really using it anyway, but considering the hosting cost per student has to be minuscule compared to how much tuition we were milked for, am I wrong for feeling I should be entitled to lifelong access?

She had power of attorney to sign the sales agreement, so I'm making the assumption she still had it for the estate.
So, he left it to her. She even had an Affidavit of Heirship. Which is kind of a newish thing in Texas. It's supposed to allow the house to pass to her without going through probate. But there are problems with doing it that way, and the title company is not accepting hers. Thus, the house has to go through probate, meaning 6 months to a year before I could buy it.

So...I'm house hunting again.

More common in Texas is the Lady Bird deed. Basically it’s where the house is actually deeded to the heir before death, but doesn’t take effect until the death of the primary owner. The affidavit you mentioned is basically just a second “proof” that the person named is meant to inherit, but doesn’t avoid probate like the LBD.

Same, but Belgium. Offer not valid for Bhamv's coworkers, Kags, or anyone else my wife considers hot.
So Gas, Tin, feel free to come over :p
Could I come visit someday at least? :oops:
I'll hype your wife up, win her over. :D How does Belgium feel about anyone that is goth leaning? Do they care? Or does it tickle any fancies?

Aside from some bad jokes, of course you're welcome to come visit :) (and depending on time frame and all that it might even be possible to stay with us for a day or two and have me tour you around, but our calendar tends to be overflowing months in advance)
I can't speak for all of Belgium, but at least in the more urban areas (which is, well, most of it) you might get some looks, but that just comes with any type of look that isn't "regular". If you're visiting a cathedral or mosque or some such you may be asked to cover some bits up. Otherwise you'll be perfectly fine.

Aside from some bad jokes, of course you're welcome to come visit :) (and depending on time frame and all that it might even be possible to stay with us for a day or two and have me tour you around, but our calendar tends to be overflowing months in advance)
I can't speak for all of Belgium, but at least in the more urban areas (which is, well, most of it) you might get some looks, but that just comes with any type of look that isn't "regular". If you're visiting a cathedral or mosque or some such you may be asked to cover some bits up. Otherwise you'll be perfectly fine.
It wouldn't be for a little while at least. I've got a couple trips planned this year and am doing what I can to save for a house. But! Sometime in the future I'd love to visit. And I'll be sure to give plenty of notice beforehand, see if we can figure something out. :)