Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

It's a good thing I can't reach through the internet and slap people, or every person who asks for a video game recommendation without providing any information about what their preferences or interests are would be getting smacked. If you don't want personalized recommendations, then just google "best video games" and read some top ten list.
Can you suggest some best video games top ten lists to read please? :awesome:

GasBandit

Staff member
Boy, it's a good thing I was working from home today. I was a dumbass and forgot to winterize ALL the outdoor water spigots, and one of them exploded. Only a whine and not a rant because it was the timer attachment ($16 on amazon) and not... you know... actual pipes. Because I'm a dumbass and left the spigot on so I could just twist the timer to turn on the water to the sprinkler at will. ALL YEAR LONG. /headdesk.

Could have been a lot worse. But I still feel like a dumbass.

I still feel like a dumbass.
I stopped on the way home from work to get gas, because we're in a blizzard just before Xmas weekend and I don't want to get caught short. Bought a gallon of milk at the gas station for $4 because I didn't want to walk all the way to the grocery store right behind the gas station to buy it for $2.50 (because blizzard, duh). Put milk on back seat because putting it on the floor in the front seat would've put it right in the blast from the defroster running full (because blizzard).
Get home, find out milk jug had a pinhole in the bottom and leaked probably 4-6oz of milk into my back seat. I have those heavy-duty floor mats that can soak up two gallons of crap without breaking a sweat but no, I had to put it up on my back seat. Should've just put them on the floor. Argh. Come Spring, my car is going to smell like cottage cheese.

--Patrick

Just got done cleaning out the driveway, sidewalks, steps, brought out the ice melt, etc.
We live on a corner, so we have two sidewalks to clean.
We also have two sets of steps, one for each street. And our porch wraps all the way around.
Oh and our driveway is three (American) cars wide, and the city plowed us in to a depth of ~28in/71cm where it meets the street. That's about 4in/10cm taller than the mouth of my snowblower. Took about an hour and a half.

--Patrick

So she's got a severe case of pneumonia on top of things, which they found out at the hospital. She's in a medically-induced coma at the moment, hooked up to about 8 bags and machines and stable. She'll stay that way for a few days, likely a week.

She's in good hands and she's strong.

Updating here because the other posts are here, but the news is good!

She's still under a respirator and under her medically-induced coma, but the amount of oxygen needed in the air they're feeding her has gone down from 90 to 40%. That's some SERIOUS improvement. Her lungs are clear and they're starting to ween her off of some of the medicine used to fight off the infection because her body's winning.

The respiratory distress (the really worrying bit, really) is still present, but it's less.

Just a matter of time now. She'll get through this.

GasBandit

Staff member
I step on the scale for the first time in a week this morning "Holy crap I gained 4 pounds over the holidays. Time to get back on counting those calories"

Every single minute since: "I AM SO HUNGRY"

Furnace Guy on Friday: We can't get the part until Tuesday, someone will call you Tuesday with a time to come install it.

Tuesday rolls around and Frank gets suspicious and calls the furnace company. It was like he was calling for the first time. No follow up had been set, no part had been ordered and Frank began to get angry.

Here’s some even better news:
Vitals are pretty much back to normal levels, the oxygen level in the air being pumped in the respirator is down to 30% (the standard/minimum) and, best of all, they’re starting to slowly bring her out of her coma. She’s not out of the woods yet and will likely remain hospitalized for a bit afterwards, but it’s REALLY headed in the right direction now!

Still updating here, but man, I'm not whining! Things are getting better and better. Most drugs have been stopped, except for some Tamiflu since they've detected Influenza A in her body. They're also keeping some painkillers handy in case the tubes become uncomfortable as she wakes up (she's still too deep to breathe reliably on her own), which should happen over the next 2-3 days (best guess). Hurray!

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
The box of Sun Chips I got was way off in count:
2022-12-31 08.35.24.jpg
2022-12-31 08.37.54.jpg

I ate some before I realized the count was off, there was 1 bag of Garden Salsa in there. The total was 1 French Onion, 1 Garden Salsa, 16 Original, and 12 Harvest Cheddar.

My favorite flavor is French Onion, which is already woefully in short supply, but to only get a single bag is just a slap in the face.

Seems like they're still having trouble since the strikes.

Crazy, where I live in Canada I've never ever seen anything but cheddar and french onion. I didn't even know there was an original flavour, ha ha ha.

So apparently something weird goes on in my mouth when I sleep because I woke up at 3am last night to find that one of my incisors snapped in half. I woke up, there was something hard in my mouth, and then I rolled my tongue around to find one of my teeth was only half its normal size.

Also something about the previous paragraph sounds dirty.

Anyway, I may have a calcium deficiency.

So apparently something weird goes on in my mouth when I sleep because I woke up at 3am last night to find that one of my incisors snapped in half. I woke up, there was something hard in my mouth, and then I rolled my tongue around to find one of my teeth was only half its normal size.

Also something about the previous paragraph sounds dirty.

Anyway, I may have a calcium deficiency.
Maybe teeth grinding?