Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

So apparently something weird goes on in my mouth when I sleep because I woke up at 3am last night to find that one of my incisors snapped in half. I woke up, there was something hard in my mouth, and then I rolled my tongue around to find one of my teeth was only half its normal size.

Also something about the previous paragraph sounds dirty.

Anyway, I may have a calcium deficiency.
Maybe. But malocclusion plus years of parafunctional activity can do a number on people. Most don't realize how much they grind at night. See your dentist, invest in a night guard, and prepare for a possible root canal depending on the trauma + a crown. You'll need at least a crown on your broken tooth assuming there's enough to prep for one because composite will likely break on you again.

Maybe. But malocclusion plus years of parafunctional activity can do a number on people. Most don't realize how much they grind at night. See your dentist, invest in a night guard, and prepare for a possible root canal depending on the trauma + a crown. You'll need at least a crown on your broken tooth assuming there's enough to prep for one because composite will likely break on you again.
Yeah I went to the dentist today and he was all, "Yep, this is a root canal and crown situation. Get ready for some drilling!"

Hit 5 years at work today, went to check to see if my vacation was added, should be up to 4 weeks now.

1673297316690.png

Now why the whine thread? Cause they definitely messed up and instead of setting my balance to 19.6 they added it to the total. So for a brief second I thought I'd have over a month off this year before reality came crashing down. Emailed and it will be fixed I'm sure. Better than taking it and having them claw it back eventually.

Hit 5 years at work today, went to check to see if my vacation was added, should be up to 4 weeks now.

View attachment 43588

Now why the whine thread? Cause they definitely messed up and instead of setting my balance to 19.6 they added it to the total. So for a brief second I thought I'd have over a month off this year before reality came crashing down. Emailed and it will be fixed I'm sure. Better than taking it and having them claw it back eventually.
That's a slick HRIS!

Night guards are sooooo sooooooo* expensive. I'm just gonna grind my teeth into calcium dust instead.

*ooooooooooooooooooooooo

GasBandit

Staff member
I broke a light bulb trying to change it, and it cut my thumb >_< Bled more than I'd have expected. At least it is my left thumb.

@PatrThom Night guards prevent you from grinding/clenching your teeth. But they are like $700. I am a very bad clencher so eventually my teeth will be calcium dust instead of teeth :(
Post automatically merged:

Unless you meant the ooooooo thing, which was just a joke about how soooooooo expensive they are. The more o's, the more expensive, that's just science.

Night guards [...] are like $700
Mine (which I should probably wear more often) was only something like $100 but that was because I work in IT where night guards are specifically included in our dental coverage because apparently bruxism is remarkably common in IT. I actually enjoy IT, but we were poor for a couple of decades, so my abfraction probably stemmed from there, instead.
This thread is now about inadequate coverage for luxury bones.

--Patrick

We interviewed a very eager hot female candidate last month for a position in my department. She would've been perfect for the job in terms of her skillset and level of ability, and she was also eager to advance in her career, which means she might eventually have taken over my position as head of the department. Which I'm completely fine with, I could do with fewer responsibilities. So we offered her the job, and started her onboarding training, and everything was going well... and then she emailed us today to say that she's going to be moving abroad soon due to family reasons, and thus cannot take the job.

So now we remain short handed, plus I still have to be the head of the department.

Mine (which I should probably wear more often) was only something like $100 but that was because I work in IT where night guards are specifically included in our dental coverage because apparently bruxism is remarkably common in IT. I actually enjoy IT, but we were poor for a couple of decades, so my abfraction probably stemmed from there, instead.
This thread is now about inadequate coverage for luxury bones.

--Patrick
My dental coverage only covers 80% of cleanings and 50% of fillings. Everything else is on me. My wife did find a night guard for $200USD where they ship you a mould and then you make the teeth impressions and they ship you back a guard... so maybe I'll pursue that if it works for her. But now I'm in butchery school, the famous job of billionaires, so I'll be able to afford all the night guards I want!

Dear Canada,

We're trying to convince your loud neighbors that single payer is a better system; please do a better of job of running yours :-P
It’s not much better in the US, unless you go to urgent care or the ER. But I suppose that depends on location.

I wouldn’t go to the ER with this. No way would I be seen. My doctor told me last time this happened that I need to get help, but the after hour clinic situation here is rough too.