Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

The day went to hell a little after noon today. Just as I'm getting to my first stop on my mid-day, the Attack of the Allergies happened. Then, as I'm finishing up my lunch, I notice that the place where my JUST PUT IN LAST NIGHT crown in the back of my mouth feels funny. Apparently, the crown cracked and a loose piece came out as I was eating (mmm extra fake enamel!).

And, of course, one of my students on my PM route threw up just before we got to her stop. As I'm pulled over to try cleaning up the mess, a lady in a white SUV and no spatial direction nearly backed right into my bus.

At least the dentist managed to spackle up a "filler" for the missing part of the crown. Too bad their lab is backed up to where I have NFC as to when I'm going to get the permanent crown.

As rituals go, it sounds like one that's pretty respectful, even reverent.
I hope to see you practicing it for many years to come.

--Patrick
It...still feels weird. I don't know of anyone else that "celebrates" the anniversary of their first suicide attempt. Always felt weird to me.

I don't know of anyone else that "celebrates" the anniversary of their first suicide attempt. Always felt weird to me.
To me, attempting suicide sounds like something profoundly personal. The motivation(s), rationale, and even the commitment/decision to act have to add up to a singular something so unique that it must be intensely individual, and therefore no other person will be able to grok it the way you do. The traditional Tarot interpretation of the "Death" card is not necessarily the ending of a life, but rather a portent that some sort of change will occur/is occurring/has occurred. Your life may not have been ended that day, but I'm certain it went through some kind of significant change as a result. Whether that change deserves "celebrating" is something only you truly get to decide.

--Patrick

Nobody is forcing you to do it. You obviously get something out of the ritual, thats all the reason you need.
That's an unnecessarily rude way of putting it. Of course no one is forcing me. I'm talking about how it feels, especially with explaining it to some people when I mention my "anniversary."

Got home this morning to no internet. Went to bed early. Woke up at the usual time to... no internet. All Spectrum services in a multi-county area are down due to cut fiber line thanks to a downed utility pole.

In a meeting today regarding a new policy that's to do with my department:

"So we'll be implementing this new company policy from now on. Now all we need is to decide who's going to be in charge of running it and making sure it's executed properly."

Then there's silence.

Then one by one, all eyes turn to me.

I try to slink down in my chair while looking like an irresponsible goof-off, definitely someone you wouldn't want to assign such an important task.

The silence grows louder.

I slink more.

The person chairing this meeting is practically trying to set me on fire with her gaze.

I've slunk as far down in my chair as it's possible to go without physically slipping out of the chair.

The silence has reached an uncomfortable duration.

People are fidgeting while staring at me.

I try to exhale as much as possible to make myself even smaller in my chair.

The person chairing the meeting says, "So... do you think you'd be able to... you know..."

I finally sigh and say, "Fine, I'll handle it."

In a meeting today regarding a new policy that's to do with my department:

"So we'll be implementing this new company policy from now on. Now all we need is to decide who's going to be in charge of running it and making sure it's executed properly."

Then there's silence.

Then one by one, all eyes turn to me.

I try to slink down in my chair while looking like an irresponsible goof-off, definitely someone you wouldn't want to assign such an important task.

The silence grows louder.

I slink more.

The person chairing this meeting is practically trying to set me on fire with her gaze.

I've slunk as far down in my chair as it's possible to go without physically slipping out of the chair.

The silence has reached an uncomfortable duration.

People are fidgeting while staring at me.

I try to exhale as much as possible to make myself even smaller in my chair.

The person chairing the meeting says, "So... do you think you'd be able to... you know..."

I finally sigh and say, "Fine, I'll handle it."
This was clearly not a bhamv3 post, as there is no mention of the attractiveness of any colleagues.

Hotel desk is just as overworked and underpaid as your bellpeople, bartenders, housekeepers, and servers. They're also in the line of fire when a guest happens to go full Karen. But they rarely, if ever, get shown the same love as the others. That goes double for the overnight crew.

Just sayin'.

I had a really bad sinus headache this afternoon, which eventually cleared up a bit after I took some Claritin, but I just feel completely wiped out now.

Watching my texts waiting to see if work drops some voluntary time off today.

Then remembering either way I can't really afford to not work :okay:

I'm too old for this shit. We're currently packing up the house as much as possible. I've thrown out my shoulder, but the work isn't done, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hotel desk is just as overworked and underpaid as your bellpeople, bartenders, housekeepers, and servers. They're also in the line of fire when a guest happens to go full Karen. But they rarely, if ever, get shown the same love as the others. That goes double for the overnight crew.

Just sayin'.

Hotel Facilities Maintenance never gets love, FOH is all super models, BOH is all shit.

A) One week of leave really wasn't enough
B) My colleagues are a bunch of dipshits who are perfectly happy letting major customers wait a full week to get their response from me
C) Customers are a bunch of incompetent jackasses who shouldn't be allowed to touch a computer
D) It's Monday, 12:45PM and I'm already stressed out enough for the rest of the week.
E) I'm now just taking calls and throwing them on the general queue and let's see how some specific certain people react, because I've had it up to somewhere very high with some people's work ethics. I'm not going to go back to just doing everything after everyone's ass. Fuck off. Do your own damn job. I'll make sure my part is nicely documented and I'll tell management exactly why these customers are angry or haven't been helped. "Best effort" still includes "passing the shit back uphill".

GasBandit

Staff member
I should really read local news more often. I might have known, then, that they just did a prescribed burn in Sam Houston National Forest this weekend, and I would have found an alternate route than driving through it this morning.

The fire was out already, but the copious amounts of smoke lowered speeds by 20mph and was unpleasant. So I showed up to a client site a little late, bleary eyed, and charcoal scented.

A long long time ago, I put in a lot of work with a shoestring budget to greaterly improve and make sure certain Easter candies were made cheaply and in greater volume than ever and it always bugs me that they advertise that rabbits are responsible.

A long long time ago, I put in a lot of work with a shoestring budget to greaterly improve and make sure certain Easter candies were made cheaply and in greater volume than ever and it always bugs me that they advertise that rabbits are responsible.
THANKS! Easter Hobo! *BOK BOK*