Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I am on vacation and been just trying to clean my office, den, etc etc in our basement, and im literally just moving dust from place to place!

GasBandit

Staff member
I am on vacation and been just trying to clean my office, den, etc etc in our basement, and im literally just moving dust from place to place!
I mean, technically, that is what everyone does. Just, ideally, the eventual destination is outside the house. But it's kind of mindbending to think that every mess you sweep, every vacuum you empty, every pile of crud you collect is still out there, somewhere. Waiting to get back inside.

I mean, technically, that is what everyone does. Just, ideally, the eventual destination is outside the house. But it's kind of mindbending to think that every mess you sweep, every vacuum you empty, every pile of crud you collect is still out there, somewhere. Waiting to get back inside.
Well, it's mostly made up of your dead skin, so of course it wants to be reunited...
Anyone else ever notice that when you schelp an old mattress in a move, it always feel heavier than a brand new one?

Perhaps the grossest calculation Muller makes gives insight into just how much all of this sloughed-off dead skin weighs. If two people slept on a mattress for a decade, and shed all of their skin into it, it would gain seven pounds. Just from dead skin.

Rough, emotional couple of days. One year ago today, we had to say good-bye to this little guy:

20201021_161252.jpg
That's him on his 15th birthday, 21 October 2020. His name was Lucky and he was our son. And we miss him everyday.

Yesterday, we played Pandemic with him. Beat the game three times in his honour. We also cried a lot. Today, we got up early to see the sun rise. Rituals are important, and that seems a worthwhile one. Life. It goes on.

I can't see too well right now. Got tears in my eyes. Hard to type. I love you son and I miss you

I love my kitteh and can't imagine losing her. I have about ten years left with her but I don't even like thinking about saying goodbye when the time comes.

It's life's cruellest trick. They give so much joy and love, they should live forever. All we can do is try and be worthy of that love and to always do right by them, right until the end. Give them their best life.

Never take love for granted. it's a privilege.

YOUR PAIN BROTHER, SHARE IT WITH ME!
(I just lost my buddy this month and that was no fun! I too miss my furry four legged farting garbage disposal!)
I'm so sorry. Don't let anyone tell you to move on, give yourself time to grieve. It's hard and will take the time it takes.

One of the best quote I saw about death was by the band Falconer, on the song Rejoice the Adorned. "See the loss as a token of value and grace". Meaning if they leave such a huge void in our hearts, they must've been something special.

I love that song. Sad but beautiful.

I considered that little goofball one of the "anchors to my humanity", that is to say someone that keeps my willingness to interact with others, generally in a positive sense. Up until now, barring the untimely death of my father, when one of these anchors was lost it was because someone I loved turned their back on me and cursed my name. that furball was special though, he has been one of the few beings on this planet that profoundly tore at my humanity with their passing. My world grew darker and my tenuous grasp on my sense of justice and mercy evaporated for those who looked at me with tears in my eyes and told me, "its just a dog, get over yourself..." Those people learned to late, that sometimes unkindness and indifference at the wrong time in the wrong place will make you nasty life long enemies. I do not lightly forget the actions of those around me, and as my dear father use to say, "the brighter the light cast, the longer its shadow.".

Last edited:
I considered that little goofball one of the "anchors to my humanity", that is to say someone that keeps my willingness to interact with others, generally in a positive sense. Up until now, barring the untimely death of my father, when one of these anchors was lost it was because someone I loved turned their back on me and cursed my name. that furball was special though, he has been one of the few beings on this planet that profoundly tore at my humanity with their passing. My world grew darker and my tenuous grasp on my sense of justice and mercy evaporated for those who looked at me with tears in my eyes and told me, "its just a dog, get over yourself..." Those people learned to late, that sometimes unkindness and indifference at the wrong time in the wrong place will make you nasty life long enemies. I do not lightly forget the actions of those around me, and as my dear father use to say, "the brighter the light cast, the longer its shadow.".
to be clear, so i dont sound like a complete psycho in rereading it, those people were counted on one hand, and not the norm. lol

GasBandit

Staff member
My internet has been down for 4 hours!

I knew it was going to be bad because I called my cable company and they immediately owned up to having a problem instead of making me do 30 minutes of bullshit rebooting of modems and routers.

So, I got a new iced coffee maker on Kickstarter. It works great! the whine is not about the coffee maker.

But now, I've been drinking iced coffees in dixie cups every morning instead of bottled water or diet dr. pepper (you know, stuff with lids). Dropped a nearly-full cup on my desk this morning. Caught it on the first bounce, so 1/3 of the coffee was still in the cup. I'm such a ninja.

But that means 2/3 of the coffee went into my keyboard. It's a decent moisture resistant keyboard, but now all the keys feel gummy/sticky when I press them. The biggest whine: I just replaced this keyboard in August. At least I'm a fan of the "super cheap $8.00 rectangles."

So, I got a new iced coffee maker on Kickstarter. It works great! the whine is not about the coffee maker.

But now, I've been drinking iced coffees in dixie cups every morning instead of bottled water or diet dr. pepper (you know, stuff with lids). Dropped a nearly-full cup on my desk this morning. Caught it on the first bounce, so 1/3 of the coffee was still in the cup. I'm such a ninja.

But that means 2/3 of the coffee went into my keyboard. It's a decent moisture resistant keyboard, but now all the keys feel gummy/sticky when I press them. The biggest whine: I just replaced this keyboard in August. At least I'm a fan of the "super cheap $8.00 rectangles."
Sheesh, look, if I'd had known, I'd have thrown in one of these in your SS gift :D:p

1638445195317.png

My internet has been down for 4 hours!

I knew it was going to be bad because I called my cable company and they immediately owned up to having a problem instead of making me do 30 minutes of bullshit rebooting of modems and routers.
This sounds like one of those tweets that immediately gets quoted around on tumblr and reddit.

--Patrick

So, I didn't get the house, which I've mentioned before. But I put $3800 in earnest money down on the contract that was due back to me, since I canceled within the option period. Been waiting for it for 10 business days. Realtor says he'll call the title company, but never does.

So I call them today. Get put on hold for 5 minutes. Coincidentally "just received" the release for the funds. Magically. Like right when I was calling. What were the odds? They tell me they'll put it in the mail today.

Uh, no thank you. Your office is 7 minutes from my apartment. I'll be right there, sumbitches.

In the envelope? A copy of the docu-signed release dated 11/22...10 business days ago. So they just simply either never opened their email, or just couldn't be bothered getting my money back to me in any sort of decent time frame.

But I have it now, so it's only a whine.

Waiting, I’m just waiting right now for word on what they’ve found out about my mom. She’s been in ICU for almost 2 weeks now. She was getting better during the early part of this week, and things changed on Wednesday. The infection has come back strong. They've taken my mom in for a cat scan to determine what is happening. Basically 3 scenarios: 1: abscess that could possibly be trained by needle, more accurate antibiotics could be applied and things get better. 2: pus in the abdominal cavity that could be cleared out with surgery, but still have to identify where it's coming from and treat that. 3: the worst option, the patch they have done to her colon is leaking, prognosis on that is hospice and being comfortable for her remaining g time. I've let the rest of the family know already and we're just waiting on the results of the ct.

So that’s what I’m dealing with. Made my daughter cry by giving her this news. I hate making my daughter cry. So I wait, it’s all out of any range of ability I have to do anything, I’m at a loss for even knowing what I want to happen. I’ve even had to call her sister about it, and all I can do is wait.
I hate waiting.

Dave

Staff member
That sucks, man. Hospice is a help, though. They are very good at helping out family members during this time. Thinking about you.

That sucks, man. Hospice is a help, though. They are very good at helping out family members during this time. Thinking about you.
I appreciate it man. This is relatively sudden, since we just thought she was going in for gallbladder issues, and now less than 12 days later we’re trying to get everyone in to see her around the “rules” that this hospital has in place. The weekend staff is gonna aid us on getting it done.

Oh fuck me, walked into a door and I think the knob got me right in the kidney

Edit: Should have read this thread before I posted in it

Yeah it just looks a little insensitive. I'll leave it up tho

I was gonna take a painkiller to chill out this evening anyway, got a little pissed today telling somebody about my history of getting abused at work

Last edited:
Oh fuck me, walked into a door and I think the knob got me right in the kidney
I was gonna take a painkiller to chill out this evening anyway
Hey I just went on Thursday to the funeral of a dude who accidentally ruined his kidney in a fall in the garage and was dead from organ failure something like 10 days later.
I'm sayin' if it is still bugging you 3-4 days later, you might want to have it looked at, is all.

--Patrick

Hey I just went on Thursday to the funeral of a dude who accidentally ruined his kidney in a fall in the garage and was dead from organ failure something like 10 days later.
I'm sayin' if it is still bugging you 3-4 days later, you might want to have it looked at, is all.

--Patrick
I feel fine now but now I think if I suddenly stop posting some people might think I'm dead lol