Whose got a crush on a fellow forumite here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Element 117

I have decided that I can no longer have a crush on tegid. Somehow, he will survive, and possibly write a hit pop song about it,

See I was hoping it was the "People I'm gonna make a bad pie for so they don't have any fun eating it" list.

I prefer cobbler. Hard to beat a nice peach cobbler with a bit of real vanilla, topped with a buttermilk crust with nutmeg and cinnamon.

I prefer cobbler. Hard to beat a nice peach cobbler with a bit of real vanilla, topped with a buttermilk crust with nutmeg and cinnamon.
My peach crisp is a bit simpler - slice 4 to 6 cups of peaches, sprinkle on lemon juice to reduce browning, set aside. Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup shredded coconut, and 1 cup oats. Stir in one stick of butter, melted. Put peaches in glass baking pan - 9 x 13 works good for a shallow one, 8x8 for a deeper one. Cover with topping mixture. Bake at 400 for 40 minutes. It goes well with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I may add some nutmeg or cinnamon next time, though.

Hmm, yes that is nice. I must add though that I much prefer Dutch oven cobblers to regular oven cobblers. Something to do with old nostalgia for Boy Scout camping trips I think.

The only desert I've ever made is cherry cheesecake.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

But I make it very well. :)

This weekend I will attempt a dutch apple pie. But not one of those recipes calling for sour cream in it - wtf is that about?

Status
Not open for further replies.