Wii U Love Thread

Super Mario Maker can be hilarious, my son and I were building levels for each other and my husband was wondering why we kept yelling while he was in the shower. My son is 13 though.
Stop making me want it, Dei!

I want Splatoon so I can smack the HELL out of my sister, who's been talking this game up to me for weeks.

It's a sibling thing. :D
I'm glad this game doesn't have voice chat--my wife spends most of the time cursing her teammates.

I'm in the negative right now for spending money and frames I bought, so it comes down to throwing together what Gamestop store credit, coupons, and trades I can muster.

I'll have enough for Super Mario Maker ... if I trade in Godzilla PS4.

If you do buy it, here's one of my course IDs, I think from there you can just follow me and see everything I upload.

I bought it (bye Godzilla). I promise to check out your level tonight and I'll put up a screenshot of the one I uploaded so you can follow me too.

Right away when it had me correcting the first Mario Bros level, I knew it was worth it. Then I played and edited for the next five hours, until the gamepad was giving me the death warning. It's fantastic.

Your gamepad lasts 5 hours?!

Also, I think I have 6 levels uploaded right now. So just follow me once you go to that link and you can see anything I upload.

Your gamepad lasts 5 hours?!

Also, I think I have 6 levels uploaded right now. So just follow me once you go to that link and you can see anything I upload.
I set it on the charger now and then to go change the laundry.

Here's my course's code:

Still just the one, but I've got some ideas I want to get to soon. I played the course you posted--that was a challenge, even when I realized what I needed to do. I've followed you.

Reactions: Dei
Damn, I was hoping you knew something I didn't about game pad life. We just keep ours perpetually plugged in.

Make sure you're doing the 100 Mario Challenge to unlock mystery mushroom options. It gives you 100 lives to clear a bunch of random maker levels. It's in Course World, not the 10 man one.

Anyone else planning to get this?

Geek and Sundry played my linked level on their Super Mario Maker stream! The first attempt went as hilariously as you'd expect.

My daughter asked me to make an easy level.

I made a flat ground with Lakitus throwing nothing but stars.

She got mad.

Last edited:
Geek and Sundry played my linked level on their Super Mario Maker stream! The first attempt went as hilariously as you'd expect.

My daughter asked me to make an easy level.

I made a flat ground with Lakitus throwing nothing but stars.

She got mad.
Maybe she should play my levels--compared to yours, they're pretty easy. :p I tried the Bowser's Hammer one many times before I had to make dinner.

Honestly, my son had to clear that one for me so I could upload it. [emoji14]

I tested each individual piece to make sure it was clearable, but couldn't do it all at once.

Did a 100-man on Normal. Some of these levels are garbage that you just gotta skip, some of them feel like fun Mario levels, and then some of them are genius.

Not sure it was worth it for the Ness mushroom :p. The game said I have all the level-building supplies, but there's still a row empty and I've seen people's levels have Bowser Jr or sideways springs or some other things, so I feel like there are still more tools I need to unlock.

Did a 100-man on Normal. Some of these levels are garbage that you just gotta skip, some of them feel like fun Mario levels, and then some of them are genius.

Not sure it was worth it for the Ness mushroom :p. The game said I have all the level-building supplies, but there's still a row empty and I've seen people's levels have Bowser Jr or sideways springs or some other things, so I feel like there are still more tools I need to unlock.
Shake a Bowser.

So where do I input people's codes to play their stuff?​
Do you actually have the game Poe? Why haven't I seen any of your works of art yet?!

On another note, I was trying to make a parkour course for my son, but since I suck at video game parkour and I had to be able to beat it to upload it, it's too easy (at least I think so [emoji14])

E4B0-0000-0046-BCC1

Do you actually have the game Poe? Why haven't I seen any of your works of art yet?!

On another note, I was trying to make a parkour course for my son, but since I suck at video game parkour and I had to be able to beat it to upload it, it's too easy (at least I think so [emoji14])

E4B0-0000-0046-BCC1
I just got it yesterday. Uploaded a test coarse just to see how uploading works, but it's really nothing special. Going to learn how all this stuff works before I start sharing my levels.

Make sure that if you use a link from me or Esc to click on the profile picture and just "follow" us, then you can see anything we've uploaded.

So, I've been loving Mario Maker, I just have one complaint. You can't have tiered powerups. You can't have a block that gives you a mushroom if small, or a fire flower if big.

Reactions: Dei
I want that added, and I want to be able to add water to a land map. :/
Even just being able to add sub zones of a different map type would be great.

Also, and I know this may be pushing it, but SMB2 maps. Yes, I know that was only branded a Mario game outside of Japan, but I still want it.

You can add sub zones later, it's the last thing you unlock, but if I am building a water and land level, I want to be able to add water at the bottom of my jumps!