Wii U Love Thread

You gotta stop that. You can't let him become that person.
People think those are so great. While some of them show some impressive item reactions, most are boring as hell. I had one today that was just three skull rafts that led to a spring and the level's end. It felt like forever. A bad forever.

I played some Mario Maker today.

I don't know if I can wait until Christmas to buy a Wii U and this game. It's the best thing.

I played some Mario Maker today.

I don't know if I can wait until Christmas to buy a Wii U and this game. It's the best thing.

I had no interest in it until I played it. I thought big deal, a Mario level editor.

Little did I know it was pure joy in game form.

Reactions: Dei
SMB3 unlocks for me tomorrow, then I'm going on vacation for a week. I need to start thinking of an opus for when I get back. I love this "game" I'm going to miss it.

I get home and just want to jump on the Wii U to work on levels.

But I have responsibilities. I can't imagine how much time I would've sank into this as a teenager though.

I went to Wal-Mart to see if they had any Animal Crossing amiibo cards because I am a masochist. They did not, but I did find Olimar and Ganondorf, so I'll take it.

B

BErt

I was perfectly content in being mad with Nintendo about not being able to find amiibo and therefore not collecting them, and then suddenly -BOOM- massive refreshes everywhere. Was able to get little Mac, shulk, fox, lucario, greninja, captain falcon all in one shot at TRU just now. Help I need help.

That is recent... whippersnappers.
But not VERY recent, in all caps :p.

It's longer than the Genesis vs SNES feud. That felt like such a big thing as a kid, but it wasn't much time really before Sega moved on to the CD, the 32x, the Saturn ... you know, professional failure.

Though, counterpoint. The Final Fantasy Series was a staple of the NES/SNES, just not FF7. Cloud is arguably the most recognizable hero in the series. Also, Cloud has been in almost as many Nintendo games (Theatrithm, and Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories) as Solid Snake, outside of Smash itself. :p

The point being, it seems arbitrary to say that Cloud doesn't "deserve" to be one of the new smash characters.

Though, counterpoint. The Final Fantasy Series was a staple of the NES/SNES, just not FF7. Cloud is arguably the most recognizable hero in the series. Also, Cloud has been in almost as many Nintendo games (Theatrithm, and Kingdom Hearts, Chain of Memories) as Solid Snake, outside of Smash itself. :p

The point being, it seems arbitrary to say that Cloud doesn't "deserve" to be one of the new smash characters.
Also, there's an FF7 remake in the works to be hyped up.

I said Theatrhythm. You even quoted it. :confused:

Also, there's an FF7 remake in the works to be hyped up.
I wonder if the NX will be able to handle it.

I like the new Mario Maker search tool they are going to add, but it amuses me that it's not going to be built into the game. Better than nothing I suppose. ;)

I'm a giant sucker for amiibo's and I do nothing with them, not even sure what I can do with them honestly beyond train in smash. I'm disgusted with myself even.

I'm a giant sucker for amiibo's and I do nothing with them, not even sure what I can do with them honestly beyond train in smash. I'm disgusted with myself even.
You can get random weapons out of them (once per day per Amiibo) in Hyrule Warriors. If your figurine is in the game, it's a great usage.

And it's an AWESOME co-op game. One on the big screen, one on the tablet. Massive fun.

I kind of regret taking a closer look at Xenoblade Chronicles X, because what I thought was just a standard JRPG actually looks amazing and now I'm downloading the extra pack stuff in the event that a relative gets it for me for Christmas. Nintendo may still have a winner to close out the year.

You can get random weapons out of them (once per day per Amiibo) in Hyrule Warriors. If your figurine is in the game, it's a great usage.

And it's an AWESOME co-op game. One on the big screen, one on the tablet. Massive fun.
Is it worth getting? It's still like 79$ here and while I admittedly haven't looked to deep into it, it just seemed like a button masher.

I have and I've enjoyed them but mostly as rentals, which isn't really possible here anymore, beyond mail services which I've found lacking.
The game is really just Dynasty Warriors with a Legend of Zelda coat of paint, so you will like this game as much as you liked Dynasty Warriors.

Yo, question. My kids just got a Wii U for Christmas. I see you can buy additional gamepad controllers now. Does the system support two controllers used at once?