Wii U Love Thread

Yeah, it's easier just to go with a new SD card than transfer stuff or have to keep deleting stuff. 16GB is a good size IMO. I'd like to get a 32GB for when Smash Brothers come out.

Yeah, I should have put in a bigger SD card. I have one that I used to use for my Wii that I no longer need now that I've done the system transfer, but I don't know how to copy one to the other.

My internet connection is really fast, so I could just re-download the games on a blank card, but I think I'd lose my saves if I did that.

Yeah, I should have put in a bigger SD card. I have one that I used to use for my Wii that I no longer need now that I've done the system transfer, but I don't know how to copy one to the other.

My internet connection is really fast, so I could just re-download the games on a blank card, but I think I'd lose my saves if I did that.
1. Put SD card with 3DS data into computer
2. Copy ENTIRE contents into 3DS folder
3. Copy ENTIRE contents onto new SD card
4. Insert new SD card into 3DS

I cannot stress enough, copy everything that's in there. The only extra step would be emptying out the new SD card before putting 3DS contents onto it.

I did this for myself, my wife, and my cousin--retained all games and save files.

1. Put SD card with 3DS data into computer
2. Copy ENTIRE contents into 3DS folder
3. Copy ENTIRE contents onto new SD card
4. Insert new SD card into 3DS

I cannot stress enough, copy everything that's in there. The only extra step would be emptying out the new SD card before putting 3DS contents onto it.

I did this for myself, my wife, and my cousin--retained all games and save files.
I'll have to go ahead and do it. I have a 32GB SD card and my laptop has an SD card slot I can use.

I picked up Link Between Worlds and it's just fantastic. I'm not even to the first dungeon yet and I'm just amazed by just how amazing this game looks and sounds. It's like playing a revamped version of Link to the Past, but with the added bonus that it's a whole new story. So much stuff is familiar it's just brilliant to walk around and see how things have changed or how even how much they haven't. I keep spending all my money on that damn Coocoo game though. Can't get past Rooster.

I've beaten the first dungeon, have obtained a bunch of items throughout the world, and now I'm at the Gale dungeon. I'm really impressed with dungeon design, especially that wonderful wall merging mechanic. It's so refreshing to have to see these dungeons in a different way than the traditional methods we are so used to.

So, after a bit more playing of Super Mario 3D World, I have to retract some of my criticisms. The levels become much more expansive later on in the game, and it pulls a few false endings meaning there are many more worlds than it appears at first.

So, I'll have to go back and say that overall, the game is really good. It still is way to easy for the first half of the game, but it does give you incentive to go back and get all stars and the stamps in each world. Essentially, they've taken every modern Mario game and smooshed them together. It has the level design of Super 3D Land, the overworld from Super Mario 3, the character choices of Super Mario 2 (Peach floats, Mario is all around, Luigi high jumps, Toad moves fast), the graphics of Super Mario Galaxy, stamp collection for Sticker Star.

I have to move it from Mediocre to really good. Still not great, unfortunately.

now working on hero mode in lbtw. Sweet mama it knocked the difficulty up in the beginning! When you first start some things do 3-4 hearts of damage so it is possible to be insta-killed if you are not careful. I am about 75% through the game, The difficulty goes down quite a bit once you acquire more hearts and better defenses. There is still less room for screwing around but the game is not impossible, However the end game stuff should be fun.

Ya know, if Hyrule wants to stop getting F-ed over, they should really stop naming their kids Zelda and Link.
We keep seeing a bit of a pattern...

I named my character "Dumbass" in Windwaker.
Still pretty funny to see all the characters say "Hey! Dumbass!"
or
"You are the lengedary hero, Dumbass?"
Name him *farts*

You won't regret it.

Are you the legendary hero? *farts*

Here is your reward, *farts*

Help! *farts*

just finished Lbtw on hero mode last night. The additional secret stuff was well worth the play through. Think sometime this week I will pick up the new mario and start on that.

Snagged a Wii Motion Plus for $8 and tried it out with the Wii U Sports Club. I don't see this as being any kind of improvement from the original Wii Sports, even with the Motion Plus. The demo did not convince me I need to buy it.

got the new mario, holy moley does the difficulty ramp up in world 7. I just started world 8 and lost 30 lives making it there.

I redoubled my efforts and just finished world 8 of mario and beat it...sigh...only 10 hours of playtime...

Reposting from news thread since it's Nintendo-centric and this seems to have become the unofficial Nintendo thread:

Nintendo's launched a new update for 3DS that links Nintendo Network ID with the Wii U (or you can make a new one). You have to have one on your 3DS now to use the eshop and download demos, according to the update info. I can't tell otherwise because the eshop is down and I can't get the next part of this update due to server load.

Miiverse is also added, but only a few communities are up.

I'm glad the eshop accounts are linked. With a deluxe Wii U, I get an extra $5 for every $50 I add, so any credit I want to use on my 3DS, I'll now throw on my Wii U first for points.

LBTW is the sequel to and spiritual remake of link to the past imo and is for the 3DS. The Bundled Game is The Wind Waker: HD remake. This was the first Gamecube Zelda and one of the more querky of the family.

The console wars is something pretty easy for me. I'll probably buy whichever package weighing less than 8 pounds. Can anyone tell me the measures of the box?

Ok. I'm confused. There is a new Zelda game that's out and also bundled with the console. What's Between Worlds?
The new Zelda game that is bundled with the 3DS XL is A Link Between Worlds.

The old Zelda game that is bundle with the Wii U is Wind Waker.

The old Zelda game that's coming out for Wii U virtual console is A Link to the Past.

How is Zelda Wind Walker?
One of the more unique and fun games in the series. Originally came out for the Gamecube in 2001. The biggest issues with the original version was the amount of time spent sailing, and the break in the pacing with an extended fetch quest near the end of the game. Both issues are addressed in the Wii U version (faster sailing, less fetch).

Some people bemoan a general lack of dungeons, especially in one obvious spot where one was removed at the last minute, but the stuff in those dropped dungeons was incorporated into other areas of the game anyway. The story is fun, the graphics are fun, the gameplay is fun.

One of the more unique and fun games in the series. Originally came out for the Gamecube in 2001. The biggest issues with the original version was the amount of time spent sailing, and the break in the pacing with an extended fetch quest near the end of the game. Both issues are addressed in the Wii U version (faster sailing, less fetch).

Some people bemoan a general lack of dungeons, especially in one obvious spot where one was removed at the last minute, but the stuff in those dropped dungeons was incorporated into other areas of the game anyway. The story is fun, the graphics are fun, the gameplay is fun.

Don't forget the new ability to take selfies, which lead to this wonderful moment.

NSFW lyrics

Last edited:
New Wii U gaming announcements:

• There's a new Legend of Zelda-related game in the works, but it's a bit different (and not the next official Legend of Zelda game). It's called Hyrule Warriors and takes the Dynasty Warriors-type gameplay and applies it to the world of Hyrule.
  • Rosalina (from Super Mario Galaxy) will be a new playable character in the next Super Smash Bros. game.
  • Now available in the Nintendo eShop is NES Remix, which takes 16 different NES games and offers mini-game type challenge remixes of them (such as beating a level of Donkey Kong as Link, going through a Super Mario Bros. level with the ground and platforms only occasionally shown, or having to get a hole-in-one in Golf).
  • There's a new version of Dr. Mario coming to the Ninendo eShop on Dec. 31st called Dr. Luigi, which will have online capability and some original modes.
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze will now have Cranky Kong as a playable character, who can bounce off spikes and enemies with his cane.