World of Warcraft: Mists of Panderia **RAAAAANT**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this is rather odd...

Rumor: World of WarCraft on leaked Wii U eShop Launch List

How would it even work? Will the UI be on the touch screen and you tap the skills to use them? Be interesting if it is true.

P.S. Sources are saying MoP Beta will be starting this week or next.
That company that pretty much carboned copied WoW was able to make their game play on the IPAD, my friend got it and surprisingly I was able to kill a level 1 boar without much trouble. Granted I would not want to arena with it.

Another update, it's been said that all character transfer services will be down tomorrow, I wonder what they might be setting up with the character transfer systems...

So, for the last few months I've been getting this Beta invite e-mail, but I'm not sure if it is legit, especially because my WoW account wasn't active at the time. It looks all official, but I know that there are a billion and one phishing scams for WoW so I'm smart enough not to click any links in the e-mail.

Question is, if this is legit, will it be indicated on my bnet account somewhere?

Yeah you should see it in game client downloads.

Not sure about the main account be deactivated and still being able to play Beta though.

No, I'm only seeing the main client and the PTR client, so I'm going to go ahead and assume that it's a phishing e-mail.

They don't actually call it the MoP Beta in your account page, they just call it WoW Public Test 2, or some such.

Sigh. Part of the reason I built that new desktop was to play Cat after I fried the old one trying to Hackintosh it. And then I lasted one time card's worth (if that) before I lost interest due to work keeping me out of the game when all of my old guild was playing. It's more of a solo game when you can only log in from 8-10am EST. :p

So I have no reasonable excuse for keeping the game installed, or updating it last week after who knows how long. I want to play, sort of, but I have no motivation to go out and get a new time card, or attach a new credit card to the account.

Sigh.

The last build has been buggy as hell, but I think it was likely just some errant code due to the Jade Forest revamp.

It seems that Blizzard felt the Jade Forest, being the entrance into Pandaria, was a little lite on giving the faction Pandaren some spotlight. They altered the entrance areas to now have Pandaren villages for each of the Pandaren disciplines. This means rather then a randomly constructed Alliance or Horde base in the zone, it will be us building fortresses among the Pandaren villages that share the factions discipline.

At least, that is how it seems, the zone is still offlimits and the only way we can see it has been Far Sight abuse and the new zone map.

For those that hate leveling, a new elixir has been datamined that increases EXP gain by 300% for 60 minutes. That puts it on par with the bonus given by RAF, though likely won't get the quest or dungeon completion EXP bonuses. No idea if it will be added to the game in the end, but right now rumors are it will be a new special recipe we can get through archaeology.

One of the big controversies is the inclusion of BiS (Best-In-Slot) raid gear to the Black Market Auction House. It only cycles the belt, bracers, and boots, and is hinted to be getting rings and necks, but won't have the actual tier gear. Some people hate it, saying it will force people to throw down loads of cash to be competitive in raiding or just reduce the quality or prestige of said items, while others support it, since it's the smaller items and will likely not cycle in the whole time. Personally, I think this was one of the biggest things needed on the BMAH. Without items that can essentially "expire" it wouldn't be a good consistent gold sink once the super rich exhaust all the mounts and pets.

Right now I have trouble playing, mostly because the lack of interface mods and the extreme amount of players causes almost instant respawn in some zones that overwhelm me. Add in the cross-realm zone bug that flags you for PVP and you get level 3 characters ganking all the level 90 using the MoP greens. :rage:

Yeah, I realized the first time I logged in to the Beta that I wouldn't be able to provide them with any useful feedback (not that they've been asking for it, really, since they removed the "send feedback" button) or get a decent feel for the gameplay, because I can't use my mods - and all I needed was friggin' bartender, so I could keep the visual representation of my Nostromo's key layout. Haven't touched it since.

For while there Blizzard was considering leaving some of the more expensive mounts, like the Motorcycles, Vial of the Sands, and Merchant Mounts (Mammoth, Yak) as character-only, not allowing them to be used by other characters through the new account-wide mounts system. They finally realized how much of a bad idea that was, so they have opened up the mounts to be account-wide. The only mounts that will not be account-wide, so they say, are the special gladiator reward mounts and class mounts.

Now is a good a time as any to buy one of those mammoths, just for the portable merchants. I know I am planning to get a Vial of the Sands now.

I was pretty upset about the Motorcycle thing, although at this point I'm saving up for the grand Rhino Merchant mount thing. Portable reforger ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.