XenForo Bug Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed Firefox 4. It looks like if a thread has a video in it, it won't display any posts after the post with the video. I cleared out my cache and temp files, but it didn't help.

Dave

Staff member
Just installed Firefox 4. It looks like if a thread has a video in it, it won't display any posts after the post with the video. I cleared out my cache and temp files, but it didn't help.
Weird. I'm using FF4 and I'm not seeing this. Let me reinstall the latest and see if I get the same one.

I'm using Chrome and I hardly ever get videos to load. They seem to time out and just display a white (or sometimes black) box. I definitely think there is something with the video code.

Dave

Staff member
What styles do you guys use? I can't duplicate this for the life of me. I believe you, but I can't track it down.

Social but I had the problem with XenForo Dark as well. It is really sporadic. I just had a complete thread of videos load, which wouldn't load earlier today.

Weird, it kind of has to do with No Script. If you forbid halforums.com, pages load fine. If you allow it, it doesn't... Seems opposite of how it should work.

I don't know, it's strange that it works fine in Dragor but not the others. I even rebuilt my firefox profile and reinstalled no script and it didn't fix it. No script hasn't been updated since FF4 came out, so maybe there's some conflict there.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, I've got FF4 & NoScript and I'm getting nothing. Allowed Halforums...nothing. Allowed YOUTUBE...BAM! It works.

So you're allowing the site but are you allowing the CONTENT?

It's a no-script issue, it looks like.

It doesn't load right when I allow all scripts for this site. It loads right when I block either halforums or youtube. You're right, probably a no script issue. I tried the latest development build of it and it still has the same problem, so it might not get fixed for a while.

Tried to see my "Likes Received" the last few days, but I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Class 'XfRu_UserAlbums_LikeHandler_Comment' not found in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Like.php on line 362

I've been able to see it before, but this just started happening only recently.

Dave

Staff member
Tried to see my "Likes Received" the last few days, but I keep getting this error:

Fatal error: Class 'XfRu_UserAlbums_LikeHandler_Comment' not found in /home/davidn/public_html/xenforo/library/XenForo/Model/Like.php on line 362

I've been able to see it before, but this just started happening only recently.
I'm ON IT!
Added at: 12:27
Fixed. There was a disconnect between the system and the User Picture Albums. But since nobody was using them I said, "Buh bye."

So, any answer on the search issue Jay brought up? I was looking for something today, kept on getting this message:

"The search could not be completed because the search keywords were too short, too long, or too common"

Have people been deleting posts with greater frequency lately, or are the boards being wonky? Over the last two or three days I've seen at least two posts disappear, and suspect a third. Maybe I just never noticed before, but it's made for some confusing reading on my part.

Dave

Staff member
Have people been deleting posts with greater frequency lately, or are the boards being wonky? Over the last two or three days I've seen at least two posts disappear, and suspect a third. Maybe I just never noticed before, but it's made for some confusing reading on my part.
I have no idea. Can you give me examples?

Well, I can see what he said. It just seemed weird that he would bother to delete it after someone else quoted him. Thanks for clearing that up. Drifter might have more examples.

Yeah, I figured the Bones one was intentional given the blowback he got. There was also a post by sixpackshaker in the Glenn Beck thread. He had a post after mine, but the content was a duplicate of a previous post; then the post was gone and I wasn't sure if it was my mind playing tricks on me or if he deleted it. Also, a post by Jiarn in the Questions Game thread (the one with King George III) seems to be answering a question that got deleted, although maybe he's just interpreting the question in a way I don't understand.

The "mark this forum read" link on the right hand side of the page is missing. Only option is to mark all read.

(EDIT: so it's not missing. Clicking on the "Mark Forums Read" now asks just the one you're browsing at the time or all.

No sir, I don't like it.)

Editing and double posting has problems.
For instance, this post contains two sentences, and there is a full break inbetween.
Added at: 09:04
But drop a double post with two sentences, with a full break in between.
Such as this one, and all the linebreaks go away making everything one big paragraph.
Added at: 09:08

becomes

Added at: 09:15
Ok, it's just double posting that's removing all the blank lines, edits seem fine in this regard.
Like others, though, I'm noticing problems that do result in the loss of a post. I haven't nailed it down, but if I run into it again I'll see about duplicating the problem. I think it might be related to replying to the thread in a page earlier than the last page - so we might be able to test it here by responding to a post while on page 4 of this thread, then responding to another post on page 5 - the previous post disappears. Or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.