XenForo REQUEST Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we configure our signatures we're allowed to resize them accordingly for the forums. Usually for normal image posts you the forums tends to resize them automatically. However for signatures it doesn't work very well.

Is this working as intended? I like my mexican creepy signor signature.

Dave

Staff member
There are still known issues with signatures. In fact, a lot of boards have them turned off. As long as people don't abuse it I'm leaving them on.

Dave

Staff member
It's made for Admins and explains how to embed videos from any source. So theoretically, once 1.1 comes out I'll be able to embed from anywhere.

Dave

Staff member
"Any" source? I remain skeptical cuz that would be a very hard thing to do. Or at least not easily and would require a lot of handwork per each individual site you want to embed from. I guess that's why the video is 14 minutes long?

The most important thing is: How easy will it be for users to embed stuff? Anything beyond a simple URL copy/paste has proven to be too much of a hassle for most people.
That depends on how we want it set up.

Dave

Staff member
Basically what it says is that there are three ways to do videos.

1. Prints links as links and only embeds when you use the Media BB Code thing above.
  2. Auto embeds when a link is pasted in a thread. So if someone posted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_wl7CD5B7Q& it wouldn't show a link it would show the actual embedded video.
  3. Auto embeds and includes a link underneath.

Dave

Staff member
The quick answer is yes.
Added at: 11:08
Here's the examples he uses:

Video Embed Examples.png

If you look at the way they embed, Blip.tv should be able to be done.

I'd somewhat like it if we were able to check this link :

https://www.halforums.com/online/

But only see registered forum members and not the 100 lurkers we have on this board at all times.

(we should try to get them to register)

----------

Also, I'd like it if when I check for members it'll automatically sort them by most posts (even though that number is BS). So that I can check regular forum members first instead of scrolling through pages of inactive posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.