2016: the year of the sex robot?

So I was chatting today with a friend of mine about a mutual female friend of ours, who'd recently gotten married. Our female friend's husband is okay, certainly not a terrible guy, but we both felt that she could've done better, because our female friend is amazing. I commented, "She deserves to be with a guy who's tall, handsome, rich, caring, and great in bed, basically the perfect guy in every way." And my friend said, "You kinda make it sound like she should be with a robot."

And for some reason I started thinking of companies like Boston Dynamics. Those robots can now walk, run, and climb in a very human-like manner, with realistic gaits and movements. Would it be that different to create a robot that can writhe, hump, and wriggle in a human-like fashion? How far are we from making a robot that's good in bed?

for some reason I started thinking of companies like Boston Dynamics. Those robots can now walk, run, and climb in a very human-like manner, with realistic gaits and movements. Would it be that different to create a robot that can writhe, hump, and wriggle in a human-like fashion? How far are we from making a robot that's good in bed?
You may be onto something. Everyone always thinks the sex robot will mean the demise of civilization because a man won't want to have sex with a dumpy ol' human woman when there's a perfect silicone succubus waiting at home, but nobody talks about how it may happen because it's women who may decide to seek their satisfaction in the arms of a turbo lover.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
We're almost a decade behind schedule, but progress is still being made.

A lawmaker Lee Yong-ju, who brought a sex doll, speaks during a parliamentary inspection at the National Assembly in Seoul, South Korea, on Oct. 18, 2019. South Korea has formally ended a ban on the import of full-body sex dolls, ending years of debate over how much the government can interfere in private life. Although there are no laws or regulations banning the import of sex dolls, hundreds and perhaps thousands have been seized by the customs, which cited a clause in the law that bans the import of goods that “harm the country’s beautiful traditions and public moral." (Lee Jong-chul/Newsis via AP)

https://apnews.com/article/south-korea-ends-sex-doll-ban-4930feda6e214b7f8631733c015a2052