2020pocalypse

Don't forget their is a 4% chance of a Coranal Mass Ejection this year that could wipe out all electronic and electrical equipment and send us back to 17th century level technology.

* starts wrapping house in tin foil *
I remember when I was considering putting a layer of aluminum window screening under the siding as a way of keeping everyone else off my WiFi, until I realized it would also keep ME off my WiFi whenever I went outdoors.

--Patrick

While I agree with the song's sentiment...

Those are singing robots, aren't they? You put a quarter in and get a bad song?

Dave

Staff member
Dave once told Gordon Lightfoot that when he sings The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald he should "smile more".
I said nothing at all sexist like they should "smile more". What I was insinuating was exactly what Emrys said. They have ZERO charisma or presence for a singing group. No stage presentation. No emotion at all. Performers, you know, perform. I've seen better energy and emotion from a broken chair being yelled at by Dirty Harry.

I said nothing at all sexist like they should "smile more". What I was insinuating was exactly what Emrys said. They have ZERO charisma or presence for a singing group. No stage presentation. No emotion at all. Performers, you know, perform. I've seen better energy and emotion from a broken chair being yelled at by Dirty Harry.
Do you know what “low-key” means? It was a deliberate choice to convey the mood of the song.

It was a joke about people singing a song about things that suck not showing enthusiasm.

Man, this board is a tough crowd sometimes.