3d printing

Someone uploaded a monkey's fist jig to one of the maker sites. It so happens I've wanted to learn to make these, so I printed it. I didn't have any paracord, but I did have leather..

20241020_231846.jpg
20241021_215033.jpg

I'm kinda interested in having some of these printed for my son to use as art models: https://www.printables.com/model/981111-dummy-13-version-10

What would that run per unit, you think?
I've printed one of these before.
20240625_134201.jpg
20240625_134618.jpg

It's a challenging print. It had failures 2-3 times before I got all of the parts required for assembly. It's also a challenging assembly. Because it's small, the parts are fragile (even printing parts in petg as suggested). There's a makerworld version by the same designer, which i'd prefer to use:
Simply because it's already in the ecosystem of my printer and the designer has provided files with the settings they believe will work best, so there's less experimentation.

I am happy to print this, but I'd like to make these suggestions: Print 25% bigger. That will make the pieces stronger with less likelihood of failure when printing. Do not print anything in silk (shiny) material, as it's weaker and more likely to break. And let me send you the version the designer has provided on runners:
1729654675402.png

Again, more likely to successfully print, and less likely parts would get lost in the mail. You'd cut them off with some side cutters at assembly time. I can print them in PETG (for strength) and I have the following colors available in that material: Black, Red, Purple, Pink

At those sizes, I'd have to charge $15/per figure ($10 at the original size), with the caveat and disclaimer that all assembly is your responsibility, and that I won't replace any broken parts for free.

I've printed one of these before.
View attachment 49734 View attachment 49735
It's a challenging print. It had failures 2-3 times before I got all of the parts required for assembly. It's also a challenging assembly. Because it's small, the parts are fragile (even printing parts in petg as suggested). There's a makerworld version by the same designer, which i'd prefer to use:
Simply because it's already in the ecosystem of my printer and the designer has provided files with the settings they believe will work best, so there's less experimentation.

I am happy to print this, but I'd like to make these suggestions: Print 25% bigger. That will make the pieces stronger with less likelihood of failure when printing. Do not print anything in silk (shiny) material, as it's weaker and more likely to break. And let me send you the version the designer has provided on runners:
View attachment 49736
Again, more likely to successfully print, and less likely parts would get lost in the mail. You'd cut them off with some side cutters at assembly time. I can print them in PETG (for strength) and I have the following colors available in that material: Black, Red, Purple, Pink

At those sizes, I'd have to charge $15/per figure ($10 at the original size), with the caveat and disclaimer that all assembly is your responsibility, and that I won't replace any broken parts for free.
Thanks, I'll think about it!