And somewhere a Calleja wept...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JCM

Frankie - Not talking to you mate, just laughing of Juski and Makare. My apologies if you thought it was directed at you.

Makare - Guess whining about international butthurt because you two didnt move far enough from the basement to see that billions dont listen/watch/wear your stuff (which isnt even your culture, but borrowed mostly from Britain) inst an ad-hominem in Britneylandia?

Again-
Weak as you running away from replying Ama's post and running between Juski's usual ad-himineming all international users and uneducated shit?

Pathetically I could take any movie/music industry, toss off a few name name, like Japanese directors-
Akira Kurosawa
Takashi Miike
Yasujiro Ozu
Hiroshi Teshigahar
Isao Takahata

They have been copied, had americanized versions of their stuff remade, angles and stories copied but people at your level of education, language and travel wouldnt know anything about it.

Maybe thats why ElJuski and you, after getting to the level of insulting all international users are now trying to bring this to a flame war, to avoid the fact that even if we spent all day telling you about the world, you wont know shit.

Requesting a mod lock, as I dont have time for this shit.
I could repeat it in a few other langauges, but seeing you cant even make it beyond English, its as they said before, a waste of time.

I bet you more people worldwide know who Miley Cyrus is than any huge Asian pop star.
I wouldn't bet on that, after all there are more chinese then the rest of us.

But US pop culture is pretty homogenized, and therefore, more likely to be seen world over.
I think it has more to do with the US actually promoting it world wide, and having more experience at it.

[STRIKE]
But this discussion is getting stupid... everyone take a chill pill or something, neither JCM nor Gas are posting here, stop trying to make it seem they are.[/STRIKE]

EDIT: Dammit JCM, now you've ruined my last argument.

neither JCM nor Gas are posting here, stop trying to make it seem they are.
.........What?

Frankie - Not talking to you mate, just laughing of Juski and Makare. My apologies if you thought it was directed at you.
And confusion explained. It just seemed to me you were after my weak comment.

There's an addon this forum needs. That one from the old one that combined people's posts when they post directly after themselves.

J

JCM

I bet you more people worldwide know who Miley Cyrus is than any huge Asian pop star.
I wouldn't bet on that, after all there are more chinese then the rest of us.

But US pop culture is pretty homogenized, and therefore, more likely to be seen world over.
I think it has more to do with the US actually promoting it world wide, and having more experience at it. [/QUOTE]Pretty much this.

And my apologies Li@n, but after ElJuski's writing off Calleja's and Ama's posts as "international butthurt" because he doesnt know billion of people and Asians know Andy Lau and dont know Hannah Montana I had to enter.

M

makare

Makare - Guess whining about international butthurt because you two didnt move far enough from the basement to see that billions dont listen/watch/wear your stuff (which isnt even your culture, but borrowed mostly from Britain) inst an ad-hominem in Britneylandia?
That's right it's not an " inst an ad-hominem in Britneylandia". You can claim whatever you want but you have still not shown any evidence that the Beatles would have been as big without the US. And you haven't because they wouldnt have been and everyone knows it.

So you can segue and bitch and moan all you want. But in the end you did not prove any kind of point except that you are a whiner and are too in love with your go to insult "dur you guys havent traveled as much as *I* have so you are all ignorant and stupid and nyah nyah nyah"

Which no one takes seriously.

neither JCM nor Gas are posting here, stop trying to make it seem they are.
.........What?
[/QUOTE]

Arghhh... for some reason when i click on some threads i get taken to the middle pages instead of the last ones... damn annoying.

That's right it's not an " inst an ad-hominem in Britneylandia". You can claim whatever you want but you have still not shown any evidence that the Beatles would have been as big without the US.
Just you wait until he gets that Sliders remote working, then he'll be proving all kinds of shit.

Meh, you does one prove a band would have sold as much without selling in one of their bigger markets?!

J

JCM

That's right it's not an " inst an ad-hominem in Britneylandia". You can claim whatever you want but you have still not shown any evidence that the USA made the Beatles, who already sold millions throught the world BEFORE coming to america. You cant because Im too busy ad-homening.

So you can segue and bitch and moan all you want. But in the end you did not prove any kind of point except that you are a whiner and are too in love with your go to insult "USA rocks and everyone listens to Hannah Montana *duh*

Which no one takes seriously.[/QUOTE]Corrected that for you, again-

Weak as running away from replying Ama's post and running between Juski's usual ad-himineming all international users and uneducated shit?

Pathetically I could take any movie/music industry, toss off a few name name, like Japanese directors-
Akira Kurosawa
Takashi Miike
Yasujiro Ozu
Hiroshi Teshigahar
Isao Takahata

They have been copied, had americanized versions of their stuff remade, angles and stories copied but people at your level of education, language and travel wouldnt know anything about it.

Maybe thats why ElJuski and you, after getting to the level of insulting all international users are now trying to bring this to a flame war, to avoid the fact that even if we spent all day telling you about the world, you wont know shit.

I could repeat it in a few other langauges, but seeing you cant even make it beyond English, its as they said before, a waste of time.
Requesting again a mod lock, as I dont have time for this shit.

M

makare

Ame is the one who was talking about Hannah Montana being popular.

You aren't even trying to be accurate.

Just get out then if you dont want to be here!

The thread does not need to be locked just because you have no self control

GTFO!

Ok, so wait. Is America ad-hominimaning everyone and not traveling and getting laid or did I just go to when can I what are who saying butthurt?

Requesting again a mod lock, as I dont have time for this shit.
OH HELL NO. You came in here and raised the decibel level way up so YOU can clean up your mess. Plus, what else would I do for my afternoon entertainment?

Oh for crying out loud... ANIME... the US barely heard of it (watching some cut up version and shit) while Europe and South America where watching Candy Candy and Sandybell...

/end thread

J

JCM

*bows* Well, I'll enjoy ElJuski some more then.
Meh, you does one prove a band would have sold as much without selling in one of their bigger markets?!
Problem is, (wiki) By October 1972, the Beatles’ worldwide sales total stood at 545 million units. To date The Beatles record sales are over 1 billion units worldwide.

Now, they were popular in Brazil and every British commonwealth country before the US, but even if we managed to separate american sales, theres Itunes and Beatles Rock Band, illegal downloads, so its an arguement I wont make because I dont have the facts.

Unlike the "international butthurt" guys.

M

makare

Oh for crying out loud... ANIME... the US barely heard of it (watching some cut up version and shit) while Europe and South America where watching Candy Candy and Sandybell...

/end thread
What does that have to do with the Beatles?

Sigh.

J

JCM

Facts Makare, instead of sniping at everyone who doesnt agree with ElJuski.

/end thread

Sigh.[/QUOTE]More than america Fuck yeah! has to do with the Beatles-

1 billion sales all over the world until today. Fame in every commonwealth country, Britain, Europe and Latin America BEFORE going to the US. In European shows they overshadowed every American headlining band BEFORE going to the US.

Funnily, the american label (United Artists Records) that they signed onto started off as a Brazilian label, then an American label selling Brazilian and British music, even in that you cant be original. But hey, if claiming the Beatles as american will help save the failed America=world/international Butthurt.

M

makare

If you can somehow disconnect the Beatles from the US, if you can claim that there would Beatles Rockband, Beatles Kidz Bop, the cover bands, the impersonators, the tshirts, the 20th releases of the same album, endless documentaries, exposes and biographies, and everything else- without the baby boomers.. then go ahead magic man.

J

JCM

If you can somehow disconnect the Beatles from the US, if you can claim that there would Beatles Rockband, Beatles Kidz Bop, the cover bands, the impersonators, the tshirts, the 20th releases of the same album, endless documentaries, exposes and biographies, and everything else- without the baby boomers.. then go ahead magic man.
Again, opinions, no facts.

Beatlemania started BEFORE USA. Boyzone, Westlife, Spice Girls all got huge rapidly just like the Beatles.

What saved them was that they accepted British contract terms, otherwise they'd be stuck making films up to overdose like Elvis, or forced to cut back on experimentation like Hendrix to again, overdose.

USA helped, but the Beatles could have made it huge without the US, and were already huge. Now their american label was created for brazilian music, the band had millions sold BEFORE coming to the US, sold out concerts in Eurpor and hits in Latin America and Europe, and still I see an arguement for "America fuck yeah!" and calling of Calleja's and Ama's opinion as "international butthurt".

Can I get any facts from you, instead of BS? I'll even toss you a bone, it was the brazilian music label in the US that later gave them a movie for free if they would sign with them.

So we blame all the crappy stuff on the US?! Done...

Nothing, i was talking about the stuff that started all this...

J

JCM

So we blame all the crappy stuff on the US?! Done... [/QUOTE]Hey, Britain invented the boyband.

That alone is worse than any crap US has done.

/end thread
While I think this helps the whole argument, I refuse to let anime win anything.

So nyeah.

ElJuski

Staff member
JCM, as hilarious as ever.

Once again, this list is not to prove that the rest of the world actually has pop culture unknown to the US.

DUH. Anime and Soccer would be the instant KO to that really dumb argument (no wonder many of you are still having it).

If you've been keeping up with my argument, dear readers, it is...again and again...that the US has some heavy pushing of pop culture around the world. More so than any other singular country to other countries around the world, relatively.

And yes, it's hilarious how stupid and perpetual the whole argument is. I guess I'm gonna leave this thread and concede American elitist xenophobia. FUCK THE WORLD!!!!US 0WNS THE WORLD SUCKS!!!! BUY FORD!!!!

J

JCM

I am as uneducated as ever.
*avoids posting any facts, just repeats the same stuff that was refuted 3 pages ago*
Corrected that for you-

I still wait facts on "Beatles is only famous because America!". Cmon ElJuski, again, opinions, no facts.
JCM said:
Beatlemania started BEFORE USA. Boyzone, Westlife, Spice Girls all got huge rapidly just like the Beatles.

What saved them was that they accepted British contract terms, otherwise they'd be stuck making films up to overdose like Elvis, or forced to cut back on experimentation like Hendrix to again, overdose.

USA helped, but the Beatles could have made it huge without the US, and were already huge. Now their american label was created for brazilian music, the band had millions sold BEFORE coming to the US, sold out concerts in Eurpor and hits in Latin America and Europe, and still I see an arguement for "America fuck yeah!" and calling of Calleja's and Ama's opinion as "international butthurt".

Can I get any facts from you, instead of BS? I'll even toss you a bone, it was the brazilian music label in the US that later gave them a movie for free if they would sign with them.

/end thread
While I think this helps the whole argument, I refuse to let anime win anything.

So nyeah.[/QUOTE]

Well neither of those i listed even come close to the stuff that got anime popular in the US, so in the words of MJ "No, that's ignorant!" :p

I am as uneducated as ever.
Correcetd that for you, my redneck clown.

I still wait facts on your idiotic "Beatles is only famous because Americuh!". Cmon retard, you cant be that damn stupid, but then maybe thats why you always take to ad-hominems and ignore every post destroying your idiotic arguments.
[/QUOTE]

It's a good thing everyone knows that the best way to respond to an ad-hominem is with another...

J

JCM

On anime- That what sucks in some countries, it started with the crap Shounen crap, which made for a bad first impression.

Its like hearing that Crazy frog song as your first English song, it will forever taint your opinion of English songs.
It's a good thing everyone knows that the best way to respond to an ad-hominem is with another...
Sorry about that, anyway Ive scaled back my posts to the allowed El-Juski level of "Butthurt! Pathetic! Hilarious!" vocabulary. Back on Topic-

Worst beatles crossover-

redneck clown
retard
untraveled clown
anyway Ive scaled back my posts to the allowed El-Juski level of "Butthurt! Pathetic! Hilarious!" vocabulary.
Seriously. Let's keep the thread civil. Consider that a formal warning.
Also, on a personal note, if anyone else uses the term "ad-hominem" I will throw up on you.

M

makare

The list should be stuff as big as the Beatles that is not popular in the US.

The only thing named so far is the Bollywood stuff but that doesnt really work unless an individual artist or movie is at the level of the Beatles.

It doesn't matter how much a band/movie/genre sold it is how much of a phenomenon it is.

The problem is not being able to distinguish popular with The Beatles popular. There are probably more kids watching a morning cartoons show in China than bought the Beatle's last album but that is irrelevant.

One of the first things I said in this thread was that I know the countries around the world have their own pop culture don't act like I dont. But I guess this thread quickly dissolved into tldr.

J

JCM

Espy- Across all the thread and users, okay. ;)

Makare-Beatles are British. I could name countless other British stuff like Spice girls, Elton John and etc.
Now in the East? Every one of those top Bollywood movies that Ame posted are musicals, and they are as big in the East as Beatles are in the West. Shah Rukh Khan is probably bigger than Elvis accross many asian countries, and billions of Chinese worship Andy Lau and the like.

J

JCM

The Beatles aren't even on top of the list for best selling albums.

Again, I could name the biggest Bollywood star ever, but you could only take my word for it how much of a cultural icon he is on countless countries. Bigger than the Beatles (they go "who?"), but it's a still a tough thing to try and prove to someone who never heard of him!

"No really, see? He's on mugs, placemats, pens, they have action figures, etc.."
- "Big whoop, so has Dora the Explorer."
"/facepalm"
Bingo.
If name dropping cultural icons worshipped by every director and musician (like Tom Jobim and Korusawa) doesnt ring a bell, imagine talking about Shah Ruk Khan or Gekt

Espy- Across all the thread and users, okay. ;)
No. That was a formal warning for you to watch the name calling. If someone else is doing similar things feel free to report the post like people did yours and I will warn them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.