And somewhere a Calleja wept...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

If there is a Bollywood star who has maintained the same level of popularity and level of cultural saturation for 40 years or so as The Beatles then yeah it would work.
It really kind of pisses me off that you guys assume that I don't know who the people you are naming are and I admit some I dont, but quite a few I do. No need to be jerks about it. I may hate traveling but I am hardly ignorant of the world.

With the Beatles it is like the microchip. The microchip was invented in the US. But if someone asked me who made the microchip matter I would say Japan. Would that be me being all Japan is the best hurrr.. no it would just be a fact.

J

JCM

The Beatles aren't even on top of the list for best selling albums.

Again, I could name the biggest Bollywood star ever, but you could only take my word for it how much of a cultural icon he is on countless countries. Bigger than the Beatles (they go "who?"), but it's a still a tough thing to try and prove to someone who never heard of him!

"No really, see? He's on mugs, placemats, pens, they have action figures, etc.."
- "Big whoop, so has Dora the Explorer."
"/facepalm"
Bingo.
If name dropping cultural icons worshipped by every director and musician (like Tom Jobim and Korusawa) doesnt ring a bell, imagine talking about Shah Ruk Khan or Gekt[/QUOTE]

That's the guy I was gonna name (Shah Rukhan). I still haven't watched Om Shanti Om by the way.[/QUOTE]I know so many women I have met who would betray their husbands and leave jobs if it meant having him for one day.

Crazy.

Espy-I did. I got no reply, but anyway, okay and my apologies.

Espy-I did. I got no reply, but anyway, okay.

Your reply: http://www.halforums.com/forum/show...a-Calleja-wept&p=325206&viewfull=1#post325206[/QUOTE]

And there you go. You asked us to close a thread you were pissing in and everyone else was discussing things in. We don't lock threads when someone craps all over the place then doesn't want to deal with the fallout. That goes for the entire forum. Now, let's move on or else I'm going to get annoyed.

J

JCM

Now thats confusing, asking for entertainment, and when one responds to insults.... anyway, for the third time, okay.

However I'd like to know Espy, how replying to two user's insults=pissing on everyone? BTW, the insults you posted had already been edited out from my last reply when Ame asked me in IRC, so this is slightly confusing.
otherwise they'd be stuck making films up to overdose like Elvis, or forced to cut back on experimentation like Hendrix to again, overdose.
explanation for how record labels led to overdose requested[/QUOTE]Elvis was talked into a contract which got him stuck making movies while he watched the Beatles revinvent themselves and try new stuff. Hendrix branched out and started playing Jazz and heavy blues, with some long jam sessions. Record company said No and contract again made sure that he would make the same kind of music.

Not all labels, ind you, just two sad cases where bad managing helped bring down two great musicians.

Now thats confusing, asking for entertainment, and when one responds to insults.... anyway, for the third time, okay.
:facepalm: I responded to you lightheartedly instead of telling you to not waste our time reporting posts that really showed YOU insulting people after you egged them on. I gave you a chance and you just can't drop it. Fine, you get your wish. LOCKED

Status
Not open for further replies.