Export thread

Anonymous random halforumite sex poll

GasBandit

GasBandit

Spawned from a discussion in (of all places) Grytpipe's birthday thread.

Imagine there was a matchmaking service that, if you signed up, it would randomly match you with a halforum user of the opposite gender for a one-night-stand. For the purposes of this thought exercise, imagine your spouse and children do not exist - you are single.

Knowing that:
  1. As a male, there is a distinct likelihood that you will not receive a match since females are so incredibly outnumbered here.
  2. As a male or female, you would have absolutely no input as to who your match would be, other than it would be someone who also voluntarily signed up.
  3. Each round of matching costs $20 to sign up, even if you end up not being matched.
  4. Being matched means guaranteed sex, no strings attached.
... would you sign up? This poll is completely anonymous, unless for some reason you want to reply to the thread with your answer.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Being matched means guaranteed sex, no strings attached.
*raises hand*

What if someone, not saying who, and definitely not saying me, but what if someone has, y'know, difficulty performing? Which can be exacerbated by being with a relatively unfamiliar partner or in a less-than-optimal environment? Do they call off the "date"? Or do they reserve the "date" for another time, and keep trying until the horizontal mambo-jambo does successfully take place?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I originally voted "Would not sign up"..but I remembered your admonishment to pretend that we were single.

And I remembered how horny I get when I don't have readily available partners.

So I changed my vote based on that.

That said...you're leaving out the non hetero people in this post. You might get more takers if you changed the rules to mean you'd matched with anyone from halforums, regardless of gender, as long as you were sexually compatible.

edit: and if the poll said "random stranger" instead of someone I sorta knew from here, I'd still choose no. I've done the random one-night-stand thing. It's rarely fulfilling. FWB, though? I'm down ;)

edit 2: So, to talk about the poll's premise, instead of the poll itself:

I think the stereotype of men wanting to jump anything that moves does a bit of disservice to men. I don't think it's actually true. I've known lots of guys who'd turn down random sex. And I think the stereotype of women not pursuing sex is also an exaggeration. I've been chased by plenty of women in bars. I think there may be a bit of truth to the stereotypes, but the actuality lies closer in the middle than the "common wisdom"

Edit 3: At the current tallies, one guy gets laid and two go home and jerk off. That's better odds and cheaper than buying some random hotness drinks at a bar.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

*raises hand*

What if someone, not saying who, and definitely not saying me, but what if someone has, y'know, difficulty performing? Which can be exacerbated by being with a relatively unfamiliar partner or in a less-than-optimal environment? Do they call off the "date"? Or do they reserve the "date" for another time, and keep trying until the horizontal mambo-jambo does successfully take place?
I would say let's assume this is an optimal situation. Everything will work out, and all the right parts will work in all the right places.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

In this wholly rhetorical situation, I would sign up, but from a "Eh, sure, let's see what happens" sort of perspective, and less of a "I need sex" situation.

Does sex have to be guaranteed? Can we just play videos games or something?

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't come here for sex.
I don't want to sex someone I haven't developed a relationship with, either.
So at a minimum, random (in-forum OR out) = automatic nope.
I've never looked at a picture of a woman and thought, "Oh, man...what I wouldn't give to have sex with her!" but I have thought, "Oh, man...what I wouldn't give to strike up a relationship with her!"
There are many, many people I would've liked to get to know better. And perhaps more, later, but never "first."

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I originally voted "Would not sign up"..but I remembered your admonishment to pretend that we were single.

I think the stereotype of men wanting to jump anything that moves does a bit of disservice to men. I don't think it's actually true. I've known lots of guys who'd turn down random sex. And I think the stereotype of women not pursuing sex is also an exaggeration. I've been chased by plenty of women in bars. I think there may be a bit of truth to the stereotypes, but the actuality lies closer in the middle than the "common wisdom"
Yes and Yes! I would never have said yes if I had to base it on the last 15 years (oh surprise I'm the one female vote for signing up). But thinking back to when I was in my mid-20's when I was totally single...yeah, I probably would have done it.
I also see this portrayal of gender roles as a disservice to both and agree that it is probably closer to the middle. I don't believe Halforums in itself is a generalizable sample of the larger US or world population. But that's just me.

Dei

Dei

edit 2: So, to talk about the poll's premise, instead of the poll itself:

Thank you Tin, for making the same argument as me and Wasabi, and being male while doing so. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

*raises hand*

What Kags said.

And I remembered how horny I get when I don't have readily available partners.

So I changed my vote based on that.
That is exactly why I included that stipulation :D for the purposes of this theoretical situation, nobody's getting it on the reg already, and by the same token they don't have any significant others tying them down. That said, it is NOT implied that not signing up implies you can't pursue company on your own terms. Not signing up doesn't mean you have to go celibate, it just means you don't want to sign up for this particular thing. You can still chase tail normally, whether you sign up or not, from within the group or without.

That said...you're leaving out the non hetero people in this post. You might get more takers if you changed the rules to mean you'd matched with anyone from halforums, regardless of gender, as long as you were sexually compatible.
It's explicitly to explore the nature of hetero relationships. Same sex relationships often seem to be devoid of the same hoops and hangups, and thus would skew the results from what I'm trying to explore here.[DOUBLEPOST=1454381113,1454381050][/DOUBLEPOST]
In this wholly rhetorical situation, I would sign up, but from a "Eh, sure, let's see what happens" sort of perspective, and less of a "I need sex" situation.

Does sex have to be guaranteed? Can we just play videos games or something?
Well, you can play video games, but you don't have to sign up for this for that. This matchmaking service is for sex.

Simfers

Simfers

Call me a cheap pervert if you must, but that $20 price tag for each round was the deal-breaker for me. Not with the odds so stacked against getting some.

If it was free, you'd get my John Hancock (heh), if only in a "eh, sure, why not, could be fun if it happens, no biggie if not" kinda way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Call me a cheap pervert if you must, but that $20 price tag for each round was the deal-breaker for me. Not with the odds so stacked against getting some.

If it was free, you'd get my John Hancock (heh), if only in a "eh, sure, why not, could be fun if it happens, no biggie if not" kinda way.
An entirely valid point of view, and that part of the poll's premise was there to see how much that would also be a factor.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I find this conversation interesting.

And I'm not sure I have a definite answer of my own. I think there are days I would sign up, especially because it takes out a lot of what was hard about dating to me - the not knowing. If there's a guarantee for sex, that would make me less nervous trying imagine where things would go and it would be fun to me. That said, I don't think I would have any desire to sign up frequently? I dunno, there's a lot of variables going on, in my opinion.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I find this conversation interesting.

And I'm not sure I have a definite answer of my own. I think there are days I would sign up, especially because it takes out a lot of what was hard about dating to me - the not knowing. If there's a guarantee for sex, that would make me less nervous trying imagine where things would go and it would be fun to me. That said, I don't think I would have any desire to sign up frequently? I dunno, there's a lot of variables going on, in my opinion.
Well, you don't have to sign up every DAY, I'd say just once or every so often would count as a "yes I would" vote. That said, also bear in mind this is not signing up for a date, it is signing up for no-strings-attached sex. I mean, nothing says you can't go on a date, I guess, but it's kind of unconnected to what's being tested here.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Well, you don't have to sign up every DAY, I'd say just once or every so often would count as a "yes I would" vote. That said, also bear in mind this is not signing up for a date, it is signing up for no-strings-attached sex. I mean, nothing says you can't go on a date, I guess, but it's kind of unconnected to what's being tested here.
Sorry, I think you misunderstand what I meant or said. I know it's just sex. But I can say most certainly that my inability to strike up conversations with people and if I were to try and 'get someone' on my own terms...it would take forever. So the idea of meeting up with someone knowing it would lead to sex makes me far less nervous. I didn't mean to imply it would be a date or a declaration of dating would follow after sex.

EDIT: I was likening a real world situation - my struggle to date - to a not real world situation.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Not gonna lie, I'm a big proponent of friends become FWBs - if there's already that chemistry, it tends to lead to fun times when playing together.

And $20 is less than the price of a decent date - So long as everyone involved is getting on board with the same goal in mind, then it's $20 well spent, in my opinion.

Emrys

Emrys

I still want an option for those wanting to double their chances of a date on Saturday night.

I also want to volunteer my services to take care of the sign-up list.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I still want an option for those wanting to double their chances of a date on Saturday night.

I also want to volunteer my services to take care of the sign-up list.
It's not a date, but it IS guaranteed! And I guess there's nothing to say you can't sign up every single day if you want...

Emrys

Emrys

It's not a date, but it IS guaranteed! And I guess there's nothing to say you can't sign up every single day if you want...
I'm just being persnickety.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'll volunteer my services to @Emrys if you know what I mean...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

phil

phil

It's everything a gambling and sex addict could ask for.

Anonymous

I'm a dude, and I have a huge libido. No offense, but I find it difficult to believe other dudes who say they wouldn't have sex with anyone reasonably physically attractive, which is itself a very flexible metric. I know I'm not alone by any means, since this is the origin of like 90% of all jokes ever written. I believe that there are guys that believe they wouldn't...until the moment arrives.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I dunno, I've turned down 100% certain sex in the past, even while single and horny as all fuck.

That said, assuming I'm single, and given the amount of women on here, I'd say there's at least a decent chance of ending up with someone I would consider at least acquaintance or friend, and then, sure, why not?
At the very least, $20 is horribly cheap to fly over to the US or Canada. the only female board member in my neighbourhood's Ame. Assuming LordRendar's male. So, after a few tries, I'm bound to make it transatlantically. Neat!

Dave

Dave

If single, sure why not. If it didn't work out we could still have some laughs.

Dei

Dei

I'm a dude, and I have a huge libido. No offense, but I find it difficult to believe other dudes who say they wouldn't have sex with anyone reasonably physically attractive, which is itself a very flexible metric. I know I'm not alone by any means, since this is the origin of like 90% of all jokes ever written. I believe that there are guys that believe they wouldn't...until the moment arrives.
On that same note, I'm sure there are guys who think they would, until the moment arrives.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'd just like to point out that, as of this moment, a minority of men and a majority of women would sign up.

fade

fade

*shows up naked*

*with a margarita in hand*

Wait.

What do you mean "hypothetical"?[DOUBLEPOST=1454463158,1454463037][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh right.

*produces $20 from somewhere*

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

*shows up naked*

*with a margarita in hand*

Wait.

What do you mean "hypothetical"?[DOUBLEPOST=1454463158,1454463037][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh right.

*produces $20 from somewhere*
But but... you were naked... WHERE DID THAT $20 COME FROM?!

GasBandit

GasBandit

But but... you were naked... WHERE DID THAT $20 COME FROM?!
Somewhere, cantcha read?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

You know, I've actually always wondered if I have an unusually low sex drive, because it's never really been that important to me. Though, there's probably mental and physiological factors at work, as well.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Someone unmask this flasher!

But I'll just quote Bubble:

I dunno, I've turned down 100% certain sex in the past, even while single and horny as all fuck.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

It isn't that I'm NOT a horny male, that's a given. But I could never just have random sex with someone I didn't know well enough. Pretty faces are everywhere, but matching souls are hard to find. And I need to be attracted to both before I'm willing to trust my all to them. Call me weird.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It isn't that I'm NOT a horny male, that's a given. But I could never just have random sex with someone I didn't know well enough. Pretty faces are everywhere, but matching souls are hard to find. And I need to be attracted to both before I'm willing to trust my all to them. Call me weird.
Remember, this is with halforumites.

Emrys

Emrys

And we're all mad here.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I worry enough signing up for the goddamn secret Santa that I might get someone I don't know.

So why then, would I assume i could handle the risk of putting my dick in the ol' mystery box and not have a panic attack

fade

fade

Uh huh. Well ladies. Looks like it's just me. I'm also okay with this. *sips margarita*[DOUBLEPOST=1454473132,1454473102][/DOUBLEPOST]*slaps down another $20*

Jay

Jay

So....heu.... Is Dark Angel still around?

phil

phil

GasBandit

GasBandit

So....heu.... Is Dark Angel still around?
Gone at least 5 years, after she got divorced.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Gone at least 5 years, after she got divorced.
I did not know she got divorced. Rather miss her.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Remember, this is with halforumites.
And thus I'm surprised more guys haven't signed up. You're not guaranteed a match, but if you get one, you're guaranteed a winner. If you're after the guys, you're rolling the dice a little more. :p

Come to think of it, my wife is a member here. She lurks more than she posts nowadays, but still.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And thus I'm surprised more guys haven't signed up. You're not guaranteed a match, but if you get one, you're guaranteed a winner. If you're after the guys, you're rolling the dice a little more. :p

Come to think of it, my wife is a member here. She lurks more than she posts nowadays, but still.
Did you encourage her to take the poll? :p

Emrys

Emrys

Uh huh. Well ladies. Looks like it's just me. I'm also okay with this. *sips margarita*[DOUBLEPOST=1454473132,1454473102][/DOUBLEPOST]*slaps down another $20*
Dibs on fade!

Hylian

Hylian

While I wouldn't be put off by the male to female ratio since I am pansexual but I still wouldn't sign up. I don't like having sex unless I have a strong emotional connection with the person.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dibs on fade!
...Wait, we can call dibs?

Dei

Dei

...Wait, we can call dibs?
Only if you want to break Kags.

(But no, that ruins the nature of the thought experiment)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Only if you want to break Kags.
:unibrow:

....Calling dibs on Kags would be likely to get a hitman sent after me, paid for by some weird Texan radio station, though.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

This former submariner from Toronto
Would give Gassy's random sex thing a go.
And if she wants head
Of me it's been said
That I do most of my best work down below

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This former submariner from Toronto
Would give Gassy's random sex thing a go.
And if she wants head
Of me it's been said
That I do most of my best work down below
e8b0a0a6874da4e0534dd708f6237761.jpg

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hey, if we start calling dibs, it's going to start getting just a little creepy in here. Mostly because I know everyone's going to want to call dibs on me.

Emrys

Emrys

Hey, if we start calling dibs, it's going to start getting just a little creepy in here. Mostly because I know everyone's going to want to call dibs on me.
We just can't help ourselves.

Dibs.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Like Dei said, "dibs" defeats the whole purpose, it's supposed to be random.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

ruin-all-the-things-thumb.jpg

Dei

Dei

The random thing is also important, because who would sign up if they had to worry about being the last kid picked on the playground?

Emrys

Emrys

Like Dei said, "dibs" defeats the whole purpose, it's supposed to be random.
You're ruining my fun, mister.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Well how about you make another poll to probe who's up for a dibs version of this?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

We just can't help ourselves.

Dibs.
DIBS!

Emrys

Emrys

Who are you calling dibs on?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Who are you calling dibs on?

...you. :ninja:

Emrys

Emrys

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well how about you make another poll to probe who's up for a dibs version of this?
Also like Dei said, a "Dibs" version is just a recipe for hurt feelings.

Bubble181

Bubble181

No fair; one dibs-calling and half the interesting possibilities are gone.

Wait, does this work like Blizzcon, and are there reduced-price tickets for participants who can't make it to follow on line?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

No fair; one dibs-calling and half the interesting possibilities are gone.

Wait, does this work like Blizzcon, and are there reduced-price tickets for participants who can't make it to follow on line?
That's assuming I only participate the one time - and if I'm being realistic, I would probably do it more than once. It would be rare, but I would have my days. I'm sure there would be multiple chances, never lose hope!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I should probably point out (again) that, in this situation, just because you "sign on" for getting matched doesn't mean you can't still hook up with other people. The choices aren't "buy in or go celibate." There's nothing stopping two willing people from banging each other all they want of their own volition, whether they're buying in for matches or not. The purpose of the hypothetical matching service was to see what the difference was between our men in women if provided with a "Push button receive sex" situation.

And the results so far are not what I anticipated.

Dei

Dei

I should probably point out (again) that, in this situation, just because you "sign on" for getting matched doesn't mean you can't still hook up with other people. The choices aren't "buy in or go celibate." There's nothing stopping two willing people from banging each other all they want of their own volition, whether they're buying in for matches or not. The purpose of the hypothetical matching service was to see what the difference was between our men in women if provided with a "Push button receive sex" situation.

victory.jpg

Emrys

Emrys

I thought "Halforumites are a horny bunch" would have been a given.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Bubble181

Bubble181

As has been pointed out before, though, I don't think we're very reflective of the general population. The men are more situated towards the nerdy, while the women here tend to be fairly strong. Both of which I consider good things, mind, but they both influence this topic, I think. And by which I don't mean to imply our ladies wouldn't be suitably nerdy or anything, to be clear.

GasBandit

GasBandit

As has been pointed out before, though, I don't think we're very reflective of the general population. The men are more situated towards the nerdy, while the women here tend to be fairly strong. Both of which I consider good things, mind, but they both influence this topic, I think. And by which I don't mean to imply our ladies wouldn't be suitably nerdy or anything, to be clear.
That's what I keep telling Dei, but she insists on channeling her inner Terrik and strutting around declaring "Wasabi and I won THAT argument, moh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"

Dei

Dei

That's what I keep telling Dei, but she insists on channeling her inner Terrik and strutting around declaring "Wasabi and I won THAT argument, moh-ho-ho-ho-ho!"
You may say the forum is tainted because nerds or whatever, but I don't really think the results are as skewed as you think they are. :p

Besides, the argument was less "Would guys want to push button receive sex more than women" and more "Are women as brazen and sex crazed as men, and does not wanting random sex negate being sex crazed?"

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Same. Though by results I mean turnout. I didn't realize we have so many male members here.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Same. Though by results I mean turnout. I didn't realize we have so many male members here.
Oh, we still have many dozens of members, but I can only name about 10 female members off the top of my head, and several of those only check in every couple months.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I think it really depends on how you perceive "the general population". Even anonymous and so on, we're still indoctrinated by our upbringing and environment. Sure, plenty of holier-than-thou people cheat, lie and steal the moment they think they can get away with it, but I think a fairly sizable part of people who grew up in stricter moral societies really do believe and resist temptation even when there's no chance of getting caught.

Dei

Dei

Well, that's part of why I specifically limited it to halforumites - most of us are on at least minimally friendly terms with each other, so it's not a "perfect strangers" situation.

I'm not saying every single male would sign up, But I'd bet a lot higher percentage of males would sign up than females. Especially when you start having to pay to play.

I could be wrong though. Maybe it'd just be me and Emrys ending up with each other every single drawing.
BUT BUT BUT

You even specifically bet that ON HALFORUMS, that the male percentage would be higher. Just to be clear.

But I still say the main argument was on the female role as being brazenly sex crazed, and whether or not fucking everything that moves is a pre-req.

GasBandit

GasBandit

BUT BUT BUT

You even specifically bet that ON HALFORUMS, that the male percentage would be higher. Just to be clear.

But I still say the main argument was on the female role as being brazenly sex crazed, and whether or not fucking everything that moves is a pre-req.
My mistake was taking a debate about men and women in general, and trying to illustrate it using halforums, which is not a representative sampling of either sex, and the ratio doesn't really figure in.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I worry enough signing up for the goddamn secret Santa that I might get someone I don't know. So why then, would I assume i could handle the risk of putting my dick in the ol' mystery box and not have a panic attack
Well, this puts my Secret Santa gift in a different light.

I think my perspective is similar to @WasabiPoptart 's, in that thinking back to the last time I was single, it may have been something I was down for. I've had some one night stands and FWB that were fantastic sex, so from a purely carnal perspective, it seems like a win/win. But that was also over 15 years ago, and my views and needs have changed slightly, though I'm not sure if this is because of my long-term relationship/motherhood status or just age/experience. I think due to talking to and knowing some many of the Halforumites, I'd probably be more distracted into just hanging out with a number of people than just getting DTF.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, this puts my Secret Santa gift in a different light.

I think my perspective is similar to @WasabiPoptart 's, in that thinking back to the last time I was single, it may have been something I was down for. I've had some one night stands and FWB that were fantastic sex, so from a purely carnal perspective, it seems like a win/win. But that was also over 15 years ago, and my views and needs have changed slightly, though I'm not sure if this is because of my long-term relationship/motherhood status or just age/experience. I think due to talking to and knowing some many of the Halforumites, I'd probably be more distracted into just hanging out with a number of people than just getting DTF.
I promise you allllll the talking and hanging out you want, after the first 10 minutes :p

Celt Z

Celt Z

I promise you allllll the talking and hanging out you want, after the first 10 minutes :p
10 minutes? We're doing it twice??

(I'm just kidding, I lurve you, you naughty owl.)

Bubble181

Bubble181

10 minutes? We're doing it twice??

(I'm just kidding, I lurve you, you naughty owl.)
3 minutes for me, 7 more for your pleasure :unibrow:

Celt Z

Celt Z

3 minutes for me, 7 more for your pleasure :unibrow:
Harry Potter was right!; owls CAN deliver! ;)

MindDetective

MindDetective

For my part, I voted no because if two reasons: the price and odds make me hesitate. It is a lottery and I'm not much of a gambler. The other is that I honestly assessed my younger unmarried self and concluded that, while the idea would have titillated me, I would have been too chicken to actually commit to it. Anxiety would have won out, I'm afraid, and nothing more noble than that.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'd probably be more distracted into just hanging out with a number of people than just getting DTF.
So... Netflix and chill?

GasBandit

GasBandit

I wonder if this has something to do with the lack of urgency in men - apparently right now there is a gender disparity in men's favor. There are 3 college-educated men for every 4 college-educated women.

fade

fade

It needs to be about what you want to do, not what you actually would do.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I wonder if this has something to do with the lack of urgency in men - apparently right now there is a gender disparity in men's favor. There are 3 college-educated men for every 4 college-educated women.
What is this? Alaska?

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

And the influx of Arab refugees, of which almost 70% are male, is already creating some very serious inbalance issues because of this. (In Germany/Belgium/etc, where there are tens of thousands arriving, not in countries who are accepting 50 guys, of course)

Dei

Dei

But anyways, I declared victory because I feel like the whole "as brazen and sex crazed as men" statement has proven to be a vague measurement, which cannot adequately be defined by one person's personal experience.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But anyways, I declared victory because I feel like the whole "as brazen and sex crazed as men" statement has proven to be a vague measurement, which cannot adequately be defined by one person's personal experience.
Which means it can only be proven by empirical testing. Hope you got your fishnets mended!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Dibs on fade!
What happened to me!?!

MindDetective

MindDetective

It needs to be about what you want to do, not what you actually would do.
This might make a difference.... Maybe. I have trouble with "want" because that includes intellectual, emotional, and passionate wants. Which might just add up to what you would do.

Dei

Dei

Are we talking about tights? Because I have a lot of those. :unibrow:

Just admit that your initial hypothesis may not in fact be accurate, and we'll call it a tie. :rolleyes:

MindDetective

MindDetective

Just admit that your initial hypothesis may not in fact be accurate, and we'll call it a tie. :rolleyes:
I teach a class on evolutionary psychology. I can show you all kinds of data...

GasBandit

GasBandit

NEVAR.

Women may be privately (or selectively) as randy as men, but I still maintain there are higher percentage of indiscriminate males than females when it comes to casual hookups.

I still think my hypothesis is true - true gender equality will only be reached when women openly chase as much tail as men.

Dei

Dei

That's like me saying "True gender equality will only be reached when as many men can use a kitchen as women," which is a patently untrue statement in so many ways.

But to me this is a light hearted and not serious argument, because most of your examples have been in regards to societal gender roles such as marriage proposals, and not about sex.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's like me saying "True gender equality will only be reached when as many men can use a kitchen as women," which is a patently untrue statement in so many ways.
Excuse you, all the top chefs are male ;)

But to me this is a light hearted and not serious argument, because most of your examples have been in regards to societal gender roles such as marriage proposals, and not about sex.
Those were supporting points.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Did you encourage her to take the poll? :p
Seeing as she's bisexual with a 99.9999% bent toward women, she'd be cancelling out a number from the female population, not adding to it :p.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Seeing as she's bisexual with a 99.9999% bent toward women, she'd be cancelling out a number from the female population, not adding to it :p.
We'll just give her @bhamv3

bhamv3

bhamv3

I volunteer as tribute!

MindDetective

MindDetective

One book I assign in my evo psych. course:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/06911..._UL100_SR100,100_&refRID=0GR5XFNAVE3JX91YGGBW

GasBandit

GasBandit

So you're the 0.0001%? Wow, you must be inundated by wall street protesters day in, day out.

Dei

Dei

See, my argument was more about whether or not the desire for random hook-ups was the best measure for sexual desire/deviancy. Also whether or not wanting to hook up all the time was actually a legitimate measure of sexual equality, but like I said, to me, Gas's comment seems more about the actual social contract than about psychology. ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

What happened to me!?!
You missed your chance at getting dibs on Fade, apparently.
true gender equality will only be reached when women openly chase as much tail as men.
http://sliders.wikia.com/wiki/The_Weaker_Sex

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

What happened to me!?!
Didn't I already call dibs on you? No?

Dibs on CrimsonSoul!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Meanwhile, at Emrys' lair...

Dei

Dei

She called dibs on Kags too, where are the clams?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

clam licking.gif

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Emrys

Emrys

fade

fade

Here's a different question that removes social stigma. Have you ever felt like you just didn't want to do it with your current significant other right now? Because the answer for most dudes to that question is no. Arm falling off? Let's do it. Headache and vomiting? Okay give me one second and I'll be right there.

Dei

Dei

Here's a different question that removes social stigma. Have you ever felt like you just didn't want to do it with your current significant other right now? Because the answer for most dudes to that question is no. Arm falling off? Let's do it. Headache and vomiting? Okay give me one second and I'll be right there.
I would say this depends on your level of sexual activity too. If you have an active sex life, I know that even dudes have times when they don't want sex. That or I am an ugly rejectable beast at random times, which could also be a possibility I guess. I've also seen guys reject sex with girls that are on their periods. And no, requesting head because they are squeamish about menstrual fluid is bullshit and doesn't count. ;)

(Also, the menstual cycle thing hasn't really applied to me yet, but I don't think we need a reminder of that TMI conversation.)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If you have an active sex life, I know that even dudes have times when they don't want sex.
Really it's this. No one obsesses over sex like a virgin, and in the same way, someone who isn't having much sex is more likely ready for it at any moment vs someone who's having sex regularly.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sex is like oxygen. It's no big deal until you're not getting any.

fade

fade

I personally can think of almost no time I haven't wanted sex to some degree. Even if i wasn't thinking about it, if it was offered the answer would be yes before the sentence ended. There's no such thing as "too tired" or "not in the mood". Unless I'm being grumpy in which case it's physically a lie. I still actually want very much to, but I'm not giving in.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I personally can think of almost no time I haven't wanted sex to some degree. Even if i wasn't thinking about it, if it was offered the answer would be yes before the sentence ended. There's no such thing as "too tired" or "not in the mood". Unless I'm being grumpy in which case it's physically a lie. I still actually want very much to, but I'm not giving in.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Yes, that's me. I have a significantly higher libido than my wife, but there are still times when I'm not in the mood.

Usually it's when I've bought a cool new game, and time spent in the sack is time not spent gaming, so...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

This reminds me of years ago when an article came up on the forum about a guy who was divorcing his wife of 30+ years because she'd demanded sex every night since they were married. Most of us were going "what's wrong with that?" Jay was the only voice of reason to say "look, we all like sex, but some nights you just want to sleep."

GasBandit

GasBandit

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Quality over quantity I say.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Quality over quantity I say.
But preferably both.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I would say this depends on your level of sexual activity too. If you have an active sex life, I know that even dudes have times when they don't want sex. That or I am an ugly rejectable beast at random times, which could also be a possibility I guess. I've also seen guys reject sex with girls that are on their periods. And no, requesting head because they are squeamish about menstrual fluid is bullshit and doesn't count. ;)

(Also, the menstual cycle thing hasn't really applied to me yet, but I don't think we need a reminder of that TMI conversation.)
Menstrual sex has never been an issue for me.

Everything else is pretty spot on. When I'm single and not getting any on the regular(which hasn't been an issue in a couple decades, at least), I become a lot more like the dude stereotype GasBandit's been talking about. I'm basically always in the mood.

But when I'm getting it on the regular, there have been times I've turned down sex simply for not being in the mood. In my experience, females don't have much experience with sexual rejection, and take it super personally. In the past (though not with my current wife), this has led to some pretty big fights. At which point, I feel compelled to remind my partner that if I acted that way when they weren't in the mood, I'd be considered a misogynistic asshole at best, and potential rapist at worst for trying to browbeat a woman into having sex with me when she didn't want to.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Menstrual sex is only an issue for me if they want oral :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Menstrual sex is only an issue for me if they want oral :p
mmm. Beefy!

Terrik

Terrik

Welp, this thread has run its course.

Dei

Dei

What's the matter Terrik? Can't handle a little menstrual fluid conversation? Because I could discuss my first boyfriend's fetishes again.

Terrik

Terrik

I had already buried that memory. Why did you have to summon it up from the deepest, darkest recesses of my mind?

Emrys

Emrys

I could discuss my first boyfriend's fetishes again.
:popcorn:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I've got a bigger bowl, a giant comforter, and head scritches for any passing doomies... :popcorn::popcorn:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Menstrual sex has never been an issue for me.

Everything else is pretty spot on. When I'm single and not getting any on the regular(which hasn't been an issue in a couple decades, at least), I become a lot more like the dude stereotype GasBandit's been talking about. I'm basically always in the mood.

But when I'm getting it on the regular, there have been times I've turned down sex simply for not being in the mood. In my experience, females don't have much experience with sexual rejection, and take it super personally. In the past (though not with my current wife), this has led to some pretty big fights. At which point, I feel compelled to remind my partner that if I acted that way when they weren't in the mood, I'd be considered a misogynistic asshole at best, and potential rapist at worst for trying to browbeat a woman into having sex with me when she didn't want to.
Heck, Pauline used to get upset with me and sulky if I wasn't asking for sex often enough (and "enough" was basically at least once a day). Though, I guess from what I learned later, maybe she wasn't quite typical in a lot of areas dealing with this subject.

Emrys

Emrys

I've got a bigger bowl, a giant comforter, and head scritches for any passing doomies... :popcorn::popcorn:
Pikachu DarkAudit, I choose you![DOUBLEPOST=1454610807,1454610587][/DOUBLEPOST]
mmm. Beefy!

PatrThom

PatrThom

You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die

Also, I wonder if the results would change much if Shego were still an active member. People might not want to gamble as much if there's the chance you'll draw the mantis/widow, right?

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

You get too much you get too high
Not enough and you're gonna die

Also, I wonder if the results would change much if Shego were still an active member. People might not want to gamble as much if there's the chance you'll draw the mantis/widow, right?

--Patrick
Again with the changing the rules. It's a hetero only matching service :p
Plus I'd be willing to bet Shego's response would be "I don't need a service." Seems to me, she often remarked on how often and easily she found a willing partner.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Again with the changing the rules. It's a hetero only matching service :p
Ah, I didn't know we were screening applicants. If you mentioned that somewhere, I must've missed it.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ah, I didn't know we were screening applicants. If you mentioned that somewhere, I must've missed it.

--Patrick
Yep. Only matches men with women, and only 1 at a time of each. Could have sworn this was covered earlier, but ah well.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Yeah, I wouldn't sign up for this if Shego was around. I wouldn't risk the chance she'd join in for kicks.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yep. Only matches men with women, and only 1 at a time of each. Could have sworn this was covered earlier, but ah well.
I knew this part, I just didn't know we were enforcing that everyone who signed up would have to be verified as straight (i.e., not lying on their application).

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I knew this part, I just didn't know we were enforcing that everyone who signed up would have to be verified as straight (i.e., not lying on their application).

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

--Patrick
Well, it wouldn't be fair to their potential partner, who wouldn't have signed up for that.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Meh..Shego don't scare me. And as far as I can tell, she liked a good roll in the hay as much as the next person.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Meh..Shego don't scare me. And as far as I can tell, she liked a good roll in the hay as much as the next person.
That's not the point, though.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

That's not the point, though.
I was referring more to the couple of guys who expressed the opinion that they wouldn't sign up if shego did, out of fear. I would assume that if she did sign up, it would be because she wanted to swing that way.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Welp, this thread has run its course.

What's the matter, Terrik? Can't you go with the flow?

Dei

Dei

Nick, if you ever move to Colorado for some reason, we should just hang out and be BFFs.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Nick, if you ever move to Colorado for some reason, we should just hang out and be BFFs.
Don't do it, @ThatNickGuy, it's a trap!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Dei

Dei

Guys, don't be jealous, we can hang out too. Just not in a random sex lottery kind of way.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Guys, don't be jealous, we can hang out too. Just not in a random sex lottery kind of way.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I think a couple of us got confused because Dei had a good suggestion about whoever's in getting matched with those of similar sexual preferences.

In my experience, females don't have much experience with sexual rejection, and take it super personally.
Oh god this.

Frank

Frank

Sorry folks, this sexy boy ain't up for it.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Can I come too? I mean, I've calmed down a lot since the 1990s. I kind of like talking with friends, having a drink and some nice snacks, watching movies, playing games and so on. I make a really good buffalo chicken dip...

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I make a really good buffalo chicken dip...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Saucy!

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

I was referring more to the couple of guys who expressed the opinion that they wouldn't sign up if shego did, out of fear. I would assume that if she did sign up, it would be because she wanted to swing that way.
Not out of fear. She reminds me someone I once knew. I don't want to risk putting up with that again.

fade

fade

Not out of fear. She reminds me someone I once knew. I don't want to risk putting up with that again.

Dei

Dei

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's not the 13.8VDC that would scare me.
It's the idea of attaching two 500A clamps to my 'nads.

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

Honestly this thread made me realize that of all the things I miss about my last relationship, sex isn't one of them. Like it's not that I didn't enjoy it, or that I wouldn't do it again. I just haven't really been bothered by the lack of it.

HowDroll

HowDroll

--Patrick
I'd be more likely to sign up if I might be paired with Shego.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I dunno, it's been long enough at this point since my last relationship and doin' it that, while sure I'm in the mood from time to time, I just don't really think much about it in the long run.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We're all getting old.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Some faster than others.

--Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Some faster than others.

--Patrick
Who told you about my time machine?