Ask Cajungal Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zumbo Prime

*shrugs* I thought it never changed. At least I didn't get the memo :p

But you're coming to Finland?! Sweet! I'll go feed the couchbed some Jehovah's Witnesses!
Careful, you might bend its frame.

Back on topic: If 42 is the answer to the greatest question in the universe, what is the answer?

North_Ranger

Staff member
*shrugs* I thought it never changed. At least I didn't get the memo :p

But you're coming to Finland?! Sweet! I'll go feed the couchbed some Jehovah's Witnesses!
Careful, you might bend its frame. [/QUOTE]

That happened only once when I wasn't home. I told my parents not to feed it more than one "Me poor student from Assbackistan. Buy crap art or you feel guilty long time"-card-carrying door-to-door salesmen a month. But did they listen? Noooo...

I have a question for you: I have 8 porkchops, sprinkled with rosemary and smothered in mushroom soup in my oven, AS WE SPEAK.

When will it be done and will it be extremely delicious?

Cajungal

Staff member
Should be done in 30 minutes to an hour-ish, depending on the thickness (NEVERmind, for that many, an hourish). I don't cook pork a lot, but that's my guess.

Will it be delicious? Yes, it will. I don't care for putting mushroom soup on things, but that's just me.

Cajungal

Staff member
I know!!! I'm one of the only people I know who doesn't enjoy that. Something is wrong with my taste buds I guess. :p I adore mushrooms, but something about that soup... Who knows?

Cajungal

Staff member
Life's very good, thanks. My rapidly approaching graduation is teaching me to take advantage of my college lifestyle as much as a can--all the time I won't have a year from now. I'm trying to keep up with my reading, stay fit, and write a little every day. It looks like I'm not going to meet all of the goals I set for myself over this holiday, but I also got to make extra time for the fella and practicing my uke. I'm also very proud of myself because I walked/jogged FIVE AND A HALF miles yesterday! *high five*

And how are you?

Cajungal

Staff member
If you want the crust recipe to, here's what I use: http://www.elise.com/recipes/archives/001127perfect_pie_crust.php

All you do is bake or steam a couple of sweet potatoes (or 3, depending on the potato and crust size). Then while it's still hot, you stir in some white and brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, about half a cup of milk, 4-6 oz. butter, and a couple of beaten eggs. Mix it all up, put it in the crust, and bake it!

Cajungal

Staff member
The answer is: Anything I make with Tabasco sauce. :D

Really, though, any stew or soup-like dish I make contains it without being too hot or vinegar-y.

Cajungal

Staff member
Well, the chicken stew I just made has Tabasco:

-About 1 lb chicken, cut into small pieces and seasoned with salt, b/w/r peppers, parsley, thyme, and rosemary
-1 small bag baby red potatoes
-1 onion, 1 bellpepper, and a small bag of baby carrots, minced and tossed with above seasonings
-4 cloves minced garlic
-1 container white mushrooms, chopped or minced
-Canola oil
-flour
-1 large container of broth, maybe more

Saute vegetables and garlic in oil, and cover with broth. Add potatoes. Bring this to a high simmer. While the potatoes are cooking, toss your chicken in flour and cook in oil until browned. Add to the pot, shake in Tabasco, and let simmer, stirring occasionally. Should thicken in less than an hour. If it does not, make a flour or cornstarch slurry and add it to the stew, but it's best just to let it reduce. Serve with rice.

Status
Not open for further replies.