Can Bioware be redeemed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necronic

Staff member
Only Bioware game I really liked in the last decade was Bioshock. ME was always an awful series imho. It was a sub par fps that was touted because you "could make choices". But to me the only games that allow you to make choices are open ended sand-box games like Skyrim and their like. ME was as about as open ended as a Star Trek away team mission.

I did like many of their older games of course, but I haven't liked them in years.

Necronic

Staff member
WHELP. (why did I think that System Shock was a Bioware game.....)

Ok so the only games I liked were Jade Empire and KoTOR. For some reason the 30 other games they made that simply copied this formula endlessly seemed a bit.....formulaic.

From the DA3 buzz so far, I feel like they can be redeemed, but they're not getting one cent out of me until they prove it.

If it doesn't blow DA:O out of the water I won't be impressed enough at this point.
I wouldn't go quite that far. I thought DA:O was fantastic, and I'd be perfectly happy with that level of quality again. I'm just not pre-ordering (or buying day 1) like I did with DA:O. I skipped DA2 because I happened to be a bit short of cash when it came out, and then everyone told me it stunk.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I thought DA:O was fantastic, and I'd be perfectly happy with that level of quality again. I'm just not pre-ordering (or buying day 1) like I did with DA:O. I skipped DA2 because I happened to be a bit short of cash when it came out, and then everyone told me it stunk.
I'm exaggerating a little, but yeah if it were Baldur's Gate II/DA:O good I'd be satisfied. Just being better than DA2 wouldn't be enough.

DA:O is awesome, though Bioware fans will recognize pretty much every common Bioware trope in it. Doesn't stop it from being awesome though.

To be fair, I haven't played that one yet. Maybe next time I see it on sale.
Dude, wow.[DOUBLEPOST=1361851833][/DOUBLEPOST]I've said it before and I've said it again, the major reason why Dragon Age 2 was such a bad game was far beyond the lacking of the game itself but moreso the complete and utter disappointed it gives you after such a great debut title of DA:O.

As far as Dragon Age 3 goes, I'll be honest. I haven't paid attention to the game whatsoever and won't until the game comes out. No pre-order, no interest, if it's a hit game I'll see if it's on special sometime in 2014 (GOTY).

Just to remind people how terrible most video game reviewers are, let's take a look at what IGN had to say about Dragon Age 2.

There are a few things I'm certain of in life: Darkspawn must die, dragons must die, and, from a technical perspective, Dragon Age II is the best game in BioWare's fantasy role-playing franchise. The gameplay, user interfaces, and conversation system have all been modified to the point where the game is much more functional and fun than before. Yet despite all these improvements, there are still some issues with the story and setting in the sequel.

GasBandit

Staff member
I was liking DA:O until the goth chick I'd nailed started giving me grief about "spending time" with the redhead and I was all "What? Bitch, you said there was nothing to this! Is there something?!" and then shit got all dawson's creek, and in my version of the story, I stalked off disgustedly into the night shedding pieces of armor and weapons as I went, middle finger extended behind me.

I was liking DA:O until the goth chick I'd nailed started giving me grief about "spending time" with the redhead and I was all "What? Bitch, you said there was nothing to this! Is there something?!" and then shit got all dawson's creek, and in my version of the story, I stalked off disgustedly into the night shedding pieces of armor and weapons as I went, middle finger extended behind me.
Probably made that moment when she came crawling back to you begging you to get freaky with her the night before the final battle all the sweeter, huh?

You had a casual fuck friend with a hot raven haired wild hot thang and you just got greedy man.

Work on your Stealth skills while you're banging multple hotspots in camp.

My warden was a sly motherfucker.

Heck, he banged the readhead, isabella before her bewb job and Antonio Bandaras for shits and giggles.

I'm pretty sure I had a foursome with the red head. I think one of the participants was a dude, but he was an elf, so... you know... enough wine and its all the same.

GasBandit

Staff member
Why should I have been stealthy? The witch said right from the get go "don't go thinking any of this means anything, we're just having fun," so like a chump I took her at her word. Then she gets that pouty look on her face later that made me want to split her down the middle.
Probably made that moment when she came crawling back to you begging you to get freaky with her the night before the final battle all the sweeter, huh?
Actually I never finished it. The whole thing soured me to the game and I said "screw it, I'm going to go shoot guns" and I left that world to be destroyed as it deserved.

Actually I never finished it. The whole thing soured me to the game and I said "screw it, I'm going to go shoot guns" and I left that world to be destroyed as it deserved.
Oh... well, you missed the crawling and begging then. Or, rather, what passes for begging for a person like Morrigan.

Why should I have been stealthy? The witch said right from the get go "don't go thinking any of this means anything, we're just having fun," so like a chump I took her at her word. Then she gets that pouty look on her face later that made me want to split her down the middle.

Well if it makes you feel any better,

My friends playthrough he promised Morrigan that he would protect her from her mother's plot to posses her body, so he went to go kill Flemeth(without Morrigans prescence) but in the end allowed her to live and flee(IIRC for loot buyoff no less.) He then proceeded to go back to camp tell Morrigan he killed Flemeth and everything would be alright to at which point they had freaky witch sex or something like that ontop of the bed of lies he built for her.

Hey, I thought I was playing a game called Dragon Age, not Seasons of Sakura: Platemail edition.
Psht, if you really wanted no-strings-attached sex, you should've just gone for the gay elf.

... I dunno if this is going to end up summoning Charlie.

Status
Not open for further replies.