Catholic sex guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazwozel said:
I give you an internet for that one.
Woo hoo, my first one! Now what to do with it......

zero said:
Well, bugger...
Probably doesn't instruct on that either.

DAMN YOU GRUEBEARD AND THIS MALFUNCTIONING NINJA ALERT SYSTEM!

NOW this thread is cooking! Hell, we take this here bone? Throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you've got a stew going.

C

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:
All I'm gonna say is, I'm glad "god" is only pleased when "married couples" have sex. :eyeroll:

Don't worry, lesbian sex pleases me very much so. :drool:

shego said:
ll I'm gonna say is, I'm glad "god" is only pleased when "married couples" have sex.
well he did go to all that trouble making it up in the first place... i'd be pissed off too by people making it rather pointless.

@Li3n said:
shego said:
ll I'm gonna say is, I'm glad "god" is only pleased when "married couples" have sex.
well he did go to all that trouble making it up in the first place... i'd be pissed off too by people making it rather pointless.
Really? If I were a god who invented sex, I'd be furious that instead of just being thankful, humans decided to make a bunch of laws deciding who can screw whom and how.

(Well, except for pedophilia. I can't imagine any decent god that approves of that shit.)

J

JCM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Anyway, the page of priest jokes aside, as long as he´s focusing on relationships and sex counselling, instead of laying down rules, it cant be that bad, can it?
(Well, except for pedophilia. I can't imagine any decent god that approves of that shit.)
This.

ZenMonkey said:
(Well, except for pedophilia. I can't imagine any decent god that approves of that poop.)
Well some of the ones preaching Catholic word think it's fine. :slywink:

Great documentery btw.

@Shegokigo

Yeah, but Catholics are wrong anyhow.

ZenMonkey said:
Really? If I were a god who invented sex, I'd be furious that instead of just being thankful, humans decided to make a bunch of laws deciding who can screw whom and how.
I don't know, considering all the bad stuff that you can get from sex, even after all the millennia of advancement in medicine (how is Calleja btw?) we had i'd say it wasn't ever intended to be a free for all...

ZenMonkey said:
Pedobear is a indecent god. :twisted:

@Li3n said:
ZenMonkey said:
I don't know, considering all the bad stuff that you can get from sex, even after all the millennia of advancement in medicine (how is Calleja btw?) we had i'd say it wasn't ever intended to be a free for all...
Thats an intriguing point.

Espy said:
@Li3n said:
ZenMonkey said:
No, it's not. It's not even an intelligent nor thought out point.

Shegokigo said:
Espy said:
@Li3n said:
ZenMonkey said:
Thou Shalt Not Eat!

Considering all the bad stuff you can get from food...

Silver Jelly said:
And yet we have hundred of thousands of rules for various foods and how to safely eat them, store them, etc. Do you really want to compare sex to eating?

K

Kitty Sinatra

Well, I hunger for both food and sex, and find both quite satisfying (sometimes, anyway. Sometimes my belly feels all weird after)

Gruebeard said:
Well, I hunger for both food and sex, and find both quite satisfying (sometimes, anyway. Sometimes my belly feels all weird after)
Touche' my good man, touche'!

For the record, I don't give a shit who has sex with whom and what they do or what they get. I do like the speculative discussion Zen started about why a god would create sex though. I actually think sex can be a bit like food, both can be fantastic and both can mess you up, both can be fun to do and both can make things come out of you that you never wanted. :p

J

JCM

Why god created sexual pleasure? As an incentive for us to get up and procreate, after all, how many babies would be born if no biological lust, pleasure nor orgams came along with sex?

Espy said:
Silver Jelly said:
And yet we have hundred of thousands of rules for various foods and how to safely eat them, store them, etc. Do you really want to compare sex to eating?
True, most rules about sex (or wether you can get any) are mostly religious and cultural taboos.
Like everything in life, its a matter of chosing well, and still being careful, just like one could get food poisoning or sick if he were to grab any fruit on the ground after 15 beers.

K

Kitty Sinatra

also, most gods seem to put a limit on food - Hindus can't eat beef, it's gotta be kosher for jews. There's something about fish and Lent for Christians.

Gods didn't make eating a free for all. It makes sense they'd put limits on sex, too.

Shegokigo said:
ZenMonkey said:
(Well, except for pedophilia. I can't imagine any decent god that approves of that poop.)
You've...seen gods preaching Catholic word? :eek:

But anyway, I think some people in this thread (not you, Shego, I'm just taking the piss) are conflating "god" and "religion." Of course most of the world does that anyway...

K

Kitty Sinatra

ZenMonkey said:
But anyway, I think some people in this thread (not you, Shego, I'm just taking the piss) are conflating "god" and "religion."
If you mean me, Zen, as I'm not being terribly serious I'm not worrying about making the distinction.

Z

zero

Shegokigo said:
Unless you're implying that the incidence of pedophilia is higher among Catholic preachers, I fail to see the point...

Silver Jelly said:
Shegokigo said:
Espy said:
[quote="@Li3n":32mu4jd3]
Thou Shalt Not Eat!

Considering all the bad stuff you can get from food...[/quote:32mu4jd3]

If god wanted you to eat salmonella he wouldn't have invented typhoid fever... (btw, none of the above where meant to be take too seriously...)

Zen said:
But anyway, I think some people in this thread (not you, Shego, I'm just taking the piss) are conflating "god" and "religion."
Bah, agnostics need to take a side already and stop trying to have it both ways...

(might work better replacing "religion" with "what the people in charge of your church say"... mouthful, i know)

@Li3n said:
(might work better replacing "religion" with "what the people in charge of your church say"... mouthful, i know)
To my mind they're pretty much the same thing. I don't mean that in an anti-religious way. Religion can be a good thing. But as soon as faith and belief become codified in any way, the discussion about "what god wants" changes significantly and often becomes "what the church wants." (Temple, shul, mosque, etc. etc.)

IMO, if god exists then faith and belief are codified by (it), and what the church says is rather immaterial... (if i remember right that's actually how it works for us, with individual churches, priests etc. being able to have different views on some stuff as long as they respect the parts that where decided by the ecumenical councils or something like that).

Do you really think that, lets assume the existence of God/s, a God's thought process goes "ewww pedos" or "ewww" anything? If they didn't like something, they would rationally just not let it exist at all--if they acted rationally, that is. Mayhaps the God takes pleasure in the suffering of its creations, and that is the reason for our belligerent and cruel nature? Then it would go the opposite, cherishing humanity's depraved actions. Or it just doesn't give a shit about what happens, it's all fun either way.

So if a God entity were to exist I'd like to think if it as an ADHD child in the playground of creation, throwing together shit at random just because there's nothing better to do around, not giving a crap about the actual results.

Status
Not open for further replies.