Changing hosts

I really wish this wasn't so difficult, and I wanna help, but I know there's probably nothing I can really do about that.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Okay, it looks like this might have worked. When I hear from the new host to coordinate, I'll lock this here board down, do a quick backup, and get moved. Then I'll point over the name servers.

Once locked, look for more information on Facebook or Halforums Premium (the tongue in cheek name for the G+ Hangout).

GasBandit

Staff member
Okay, it looks like this might have worked. When I hear from the new host to coordinate, I'll lock this here board down, do a quick backup, and get moved. Then I'll point over the name servers.

Once locked, look for more information on Facebook or Halforums Premium (the tongue in cheek name for the G+ Hangout).
Might be good to disseminate info via the Halforums subreddit, too.

If anybody needs an invite to Halforums Premium, send a hangouts message to gasbandit@gmail.com. Be advised it gets kinda spammy sometimes because it's a chat room, not a forum.

Never signed up for G+. Might want to mention it on the Twitter feed also.

--Patrick
You don't need it any more, I think. If you have a google account (like gmail), you can just use Google hangouts. If you don't even have that, then you would obviously need to register.

For a long time, they were like "in order to use G+ you must give us all of your personally identifiable information" but I guess they must have it all now if they no longer require this.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
For a long time, they were like "in order to use G+ you must give us all of your personally identifiable information" but I guess they must have it all now if they no longer require this.

--Patrick
They didn't require it of me, and I made my Gas Bandit g+ account back when they changed it so that youtube required a G+ account. Which I think was many years ago.

Eh. I have my old YT account, my old Hangouts account, and my Gmail account, which by now are all just plain "Google" accounts ,but all three still separate. It gets annoying switching around, but I really do'nt need them all linked together, quite the opposite.

Dave

Staff member
Oof. Yeah, I wonder if there's a way to do this universally. Too tired to care. It's 2 am and the fear is gone.