Comic Book News

Hadn't heard of it, but thank you for that because the front page of that site explained something I didn't realize was a reference.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I just finished reading the third year of Injustice on that site. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

I like Injustice. And is this really pirating?
I mean, just because you're not torrenting doesn't mean you're not pirating. You're still getting a paid good for free by reading online/streaming shows/etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1436468482,1436468401][/DOUBLEPOST]Also I thought Injustice was pretty good, though to be fair I haven't read any of Year Three. Outside of IDW's Transformers books and the main Secret Wars series I'm not reading much.

Dave

Staff member
Yes, but is it pirating if it's just out there? I mean, I wouldn't be stealing a book if someone left it on the street and I read it, then left it there without making a copy. I liken this to online streaming of music. I'm not making a copy nor am I downloading anything.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes, but is it pirating if it's just out there? I mean, I wouldn't be stealing a book if someone left it on the street and I read it, then left it there without making a copy. I liken this to online streaming of music. I'm not making a copy nor am I downloading anything.
The letter of the law says it is theft of content. The Spirit says it is a library.

According to the industries, even reading it at a friend's house is stealing and makes you an awful person.

Though, they may not be the best judge.

But that's really a technical distinction. How is torrenting something, watching/reading it and then erasing it worse than streaming?
With streaming sites someone (who isn't the creator) is profiting of the ads, so even if you're not 'stealing' they are, and you are partaking, in a way.
(I'm arguing the difference between one and the other, not judging! I will probably use that site :p)

I liken this to online streaming of music. I'm not making a copy nor am I downloading anything.

Heh... that's not how it works at all. You can't see something on your screen without d/l/copying it. The only difference is that the copy is temporary.

Comic question: Is there a reasonable book covering the forming of the Justice League? I value quality over any particular version of the JL.

JLA Year One.

Morrison's JLA starts with the forming of his version of the Justice League, but it's not really an origin. Just a start.[DOUBLEPOST=1436551196,1436550796][/DOUBLEPOST]Justice League Vol 1 (new 52) is also the forming of the team.

Those are the 3 stories readily available that cover the start of the team (I'm assuming year one is still in print, it might not be). I recommend them over the silver age story. There's also things like the Justice League International (Giffen/DeMattias) which start with the forming of their own version of the team, but I assume you're asking for a more tradditional heavy-hitter/Magnificent Seven version of the Justice League.

If you just want to start reading Justice League comics I suggest grabbing Justice League of America by Brian Hitch. It's two issues in and has a blockbuster like feel. I do believe it doesn't bother with any forming of the team though.

Year One is great, as noted.

And Morrison's run actually had a not as well known miniseries that re-established the team. Midsummer's Nightmare, written by Mark Waid. I'm not sure if it's still in print since it's generally forgotten with Morrison's run. I thought it was pretty good, personally.

http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/5470116.html?view=163519652

"Following the epic events of Convergence, here are the adventures of the last son and daughter of Krypton and Earth as they try to survive in a world not their own," reads the official DC solicitation, via IGN. "But can they keep this world from suffering the same fate as their own? Can this Superman stop the villains he once fought before they are created on this world? What is Intergang, and why does Lois’s discovery of it place everyone she loves in jeopardy? And what will happen when their nine-year-old son learns the true identity of his parents?"

The series, by Dan Jurgens and Lee Weeks, is scheduled to debut October 14.

...huh. Terrible costume aside (what's wrong with using the classic outfit?), I find myself intrigued by this concept. It's pre-nu52 Superman, married and has a kid, in his own separate, self-contained universe?

I want to be interested. But...it's DC. And I really don't want to get my hopes up. I'm sure they'll find some way to screw this up.

Oh, certainly. But reality does affect morality. And morally both things are extremely similar.

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 mediante Tapatalk