Coronavirus Thread

Disinformation is killing people in multiple ways.

I mean, look, when someone would rather try dewormers instead of vaccines, because they don't want to conform to a state's "agenda", is that really the disinformation killing them, and not just natural selection?

Last edited:
I mean, look, when someone would rather try dewormers instead of vaccines, because they don't want to conform to a states "agenda", is that really the disinformation killing them, and not just natural selection?
Honestly, as long as they don't cause shortages for people who actually have a good use and need for these vermincides...I don't see a problem with them trying them. Just don't let 'm give it to their children. And make sure to include the message that it only works if you inject two full syringes, or drink at least a liter. Don't want to overburden the hospitals, either.

I may be in a very, very foul mood.

I may be in a very, very foul mood.
This was my reply on Discord in response to @Bones posting the tweet about the socket-fuckers:
Imagine there was an epidemic of people shooting Congressmen and judges and other government officials. Imagine a bunch of those officials were like, "Oh no, I can't wear a vest. It restricts my ability to get down on my knees to kiss the feet and asses of my juicy rich donors." And everyone's like you know what I guess individual freedoms ARE important you go ahead and do you I'm sure it will all sort itself out.
--Patrick

Waitasecond.

These actors are taking money from both sides?! They're playing doctors and victims and pretending to die, and then turn around and pretend to be anti-vaxxers who won't ever get sick?
They should be investigated for profiteering!

Of course, no need to look into who's paying them or why, that's water under the bridge, both sides, you know how it is, everybody's side has fringes, let's not dwell on the past, time of healing, moving forward.

figmentPez

Staff member
Sometimes I think "ya know, I should really try to speak to other Christians about their motivations for not wearing masks. They're being selfish, and if they just realize how a little sacri..." HAHAHA! Why the fuck do I bother?

Sometimes I think "ya know, I should really try to speak to other Christians about their motivations for not wearing masks. They're being selfish, and if they just realize how a little sacri..." HAHAHA! Why the fuck do I bother?

The only live samples of the living virii or bacteria for various diseases *spanish flu, smallpox, etc* that have been effectively wiped out are in a few super secure medical facilties in a small handful of countries, in case somewhat figures out how re-weaponize, and they can go town on vaccines and or treatmens.

As to you first point about masks, I'd like get a bunch with "MORON, THIS MASK PROTECTS YOU AND YOURS A LOT THAN IT DOES ME." Unfortunately, Mr, and Mrs. Ron's are gonna Mo.

figmentPez

Staff member

@PatrThom Coward deleted his tweet. He said, paraphrased, "People still get smallpox. <Clown face emoji>" This was in response to my tweet that the eradication of smallpox is proof that you can eradicate a virus.

One of the common anti-vaxx lies is that 1. We can't get rid of viruses, we just have to live with them and 2. Viruses go away naturally and we don't have to do anything to get rid of them.

@PatrThom Coward deleted his tweet. He said, paraphrased, "People still get smallpox. <Clown face emoji>" This was in response to my tweet that the eradication of smallpox is proof that you can eradicate a virus.

One of the common anti-vaxx lies is that 1. We can't get rid of viruses, we just have to live with them and 2. Viruses go away naturally and we don't have to do anything to get rid of them.
Probably mistook smallpox with chickenpox.

"...because now I'm not going to get reelected."

Too bad, so sad. Good riddance and hope you get replaced by someone who cares more about the rest of the state than about themself.

--Patrick

The Finnish berry industry is reliant on foreign workers who come to pick wild berries from the Finnish forests for the 2-3 month season every year. For the past decade most of those berry pickers have come from Thailand, with around 3000 thais picking berries in the forests this year. Thailand is not doing so well with the current corona virus wave, with the number of cases spiking, and problems with the vaccine rollout meaning only a small percentage of the population has been fully vaccinated.

In Finland, the berry pickers are concentrated in camps close to the areas where the companies intend them to pick berries. Ealy this week, one such camp was tested for covid, with 44 out of the group of 74 berry pickers in the camp testing positive. Similar outbreaks among thai berry pickers have been discovered in other camps also, as well as in Sweden where they also recruit thais to come pick wild berries.

Well, let's hope next year's berry pickers don't come across the rotting remains of some of their predecessors in the wild, who collapsed from covid and then died of exposure. Might negatively impact worker morale.

The Finnish berry industry is reliant on foreign workers who come to pick wild berries from the Finnish forests for the 2-3 month season every year. For the past decade most of those berry pickers have come from Thailand, with around 3000 thais picking berries in the forests this year. Thailand is not doing so well with the current corona virus wave, with the number of cases spiking, and problems with the vaccine rollout meaning only a small percentage of the population has been fully vaccinated.

In Finland, the berry pickers are concentrated in camps close to the areas where the companies intend them to pick berries. Ealy this week, one such camp was tested for covid, with 44 out of the group of 74 berry pickers in the camp testing positive. Similar outbreaks among thai berry pickers have been discovered in other camps also, as well as in Sweden where they also recruit thais to come pick wild berries.

Well, let's hope next year's berry pickers don't come across the rotting remains of some of their predecessors in the wild, who collapsed from covid and then died of exposure. Might negatively impact worker morale.
"working foreigners to death in terror work camps out in the frozen wastes" sounds pretty Russian to me. Sure this isn't cultural appropriation on your part? :-P

"working foreigners to death in terror work camps out in the frozen wastes" sounds pretty Russian to me. Sure this isn't cultural appropriation on your part? :-P
Oh no, not at all. I've been doing some reading on the thai berry pickers in Finland. They come from some of the poorest rural areas of Thailand, and many have gone deeply into debt to afford the plane ticket, visa fees, and recruiter's fee, plus they need to pay for their accommodation and meals in Finland. And they get paid per kilogram of berries picked; they don't pick, they don't earn. And this year is a poor year for berries in Finland, the pollination worked well but the dry summer means the berries are small.

So you see, this might be more along the lines of 'incentivizing' workers to come to work even if they are sick because otherwise their families face financial ruin. It is a world-wide phenomenon, I assure you.

Rand Paul: "They can't arrest all of us."

Why don't we fucking find out, asswipe. Starting with your quack ass.
Sadly, even if he'd get arrested, he'd somehow never happen to be the guy they'd select for slave duty repaying his debt to society by hard labor.

Sadly, even if he'd get arrested, he'd somehow never happen to be the guy they'd select for slave duty repaying his debt to society by hard labor.
If he did happen to get arrested, he'd be sure to get reinfected. So all we need to do is wait for the inevitable and justice is done.

Feels like the amount of "person who downplays vaccine, says masks don't work, has died of COVID." is reaching a rather fevered pitch these days. I see at least two new articles about it a day. One, the dude even posted a video after being infected, going over some terrible symptoms but saying he was glad he got it since he can now prove COVID isn't so bad, only to be found dead in his home a few days later. The fact he died at home means he likely suffered a lot.

What is sad? Every article the family of the dead person changes their mind on the vaccine and urges people to get it, yet it won't matter, because the people that rage on all this stuff only change their mind when it affects them personally.