Coronavirus Thread

No surprise, Spotify chose Rogan.
This doesn't surprise me at all. What will make this interesting is whether or not other musicians and artists might join Young's bandwagon. If enough of them do, THEN it might get interesting and possibly detrimental to Spotify. None have stepped forward yet, though.

It would have to be some big names with huge numbers, too. Old rockers who peaked in the 70’s aren’t going to move the needle.
Hey now, he was pretty solid in the 90s.

I don’t think he ever expected to get Rogan removed. He just didn’t want to have his music help support a company that supported Rogan and his bullshit.

It may not have done anything, but it's better than nothing. Nothing will ever change unless someone gets the ball rolling.

Hey now, he was pretty solid in the 90s.

I don’t think he ever expected to get Rogan removed. He just didn’t want to have his music help support a company that supported Rogan and his bullshit.
And that is true. Neil Young at least deserves credit for trying something and standing by his morals.

It's weird how people are saying Neil was trying to cancel Rogan and stuff.
I mean, he can decide for himself where he sells/plays his records, and it's absolutely his right to say "yeah, not on the same shop as that guy".

This would only work if something huge were to say something similar - Universal or Warner or Sony or whatever. And even then, it wouldn't be cancel culture or censorship. God people are stupid about that sort of thing.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think I've said it before but my brain cannot discretely separate any Christa, Kirsta, Kristen, or Kyrsten. Any one of those I meet, I basically have a 25% chance at any given moment to recall their name correctly regardless of whether I've gotten it right or not in the past. And that goes for Sam Malone's girlfriend, too.

GasBandit

Staff member
Another Milkshake Duck found tonight. One of my favorite youtubers, AvE (Arduino vs Evil), just posted a long breathless hero-worship video for the Flu Klux Klan Karen Convoy. I kept waiting for the "PSYCH" punchline but it didn't come, and the comments were full of the usual suspects.

Ehh, I shoulda unsubscribed a long time ago, I guess.

figmentPez

Staff member
Another Milkshake Duck found tonight. One of my favorite youtubers, AvE (Arduino vs Evil), just posted a long breathless hero-worship video for the Flu Klux Klan Karen Convoy. I kept waiting for the "PSYCH" punchline but it didn't come, and the comments were full of the usual suspects.

Ehh, I shoulda unsubscribed a long time ago, I guess.
Well, time for me to unsubscribe. I hardly watch his recent stuff anyway.

A whole gaggle of unhinged, antivaxxer morons. Absolutely shameful. And if they're all unvaccinated, packed together like that with no masks? I bet this turns into a super spreader event.

Just found out Dicky Barrett, lead singer of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, is an anti-vaxxer. I wasn't a die-hard fan, but still sucks to hear.

GasBandit

Staff member
The downside of being an unrepentant media pirate is that I don't have accounts to cancel to demonstrate my displeasure with corporate entities.

The downside of being an unrepentant media pirate is that I don't have accounts to cancel to demonstrate my displeasure with corporate entities.
The upside of being a mooch is that I'm generally very pleased with my choice of media platform and don't feel any need to cancel anything. There's some occasional gaps, like Eternals or Boba Fett, but they're likely to be just a few weeks behind and that's okay with me :awesome:

GasBandit

Staff member
The upside of being a mooch is that I'm generally very pleased with my choice of media platform and don't feel any need to cancel anything. There's some occasional gaps, like Eternals or Boba Fett, but they're likely to be just a few weeks behind and that's okay with me :awesome:
I'm not bothering with Eternals :p but I'll start moving Boba Fett over. Forgot to get it off the Seedbox.