Coronavirus Thread

GasBandit

Staff member
You mean you liked him when he was a notorious sexual harasser?
When he was a recurring guest host on the Neal Boortz show. He used to be a lot more libertarian before he became a republican candidate. So, I guess it'd be back around the 2007-2010 era.

In fact, he was going to take over Boortz's show when Boortz retired. But then his presidential campaign happened, and then his sexual misconduct came out.

Last edited:
What's funny is all the people online screaming that "He actually died of Stage 4 Colon Cancer!" not actually looking into the fact he beat it over a decade ago. They just saw that he was listed to have had it at some point and of course it had to be the "real reason" for his death.

Of course, even if he did have colon cancer, like I have said before, that does not mean COVID won't complicate it further and kill you dead because of it.

There have been very promising reports from a major (Belgian, but don't let that fool you) study showing that giving the worst - hit patients very high doses of blood thinners - as in, triple or more what you'd give people worth cardiac issues - reduces fatality by almost 90%.

Makes sense, I’ve seen some articles suggesting it’s really a vascular disease instead of respiratory.
The clotting part certainly is.
I mean, I was really expecting more of a resurgence of The Andromeda Strain than we've gotten so far, considering.

--Patrick

The sherriff of the county just north of us where I grew up posted this after Evers issued his executive order to wear masks indoors-

From the Office of the Sheriff:

Fellow citizens,

Today, Governor Evers issued Executive Order #82 declaring a state of emergency under emergency management statues. Emergency order #1 was subsequently issued requiring face coverings in certain situations.

I encourage everyone to make their own medical choices based upon what you believe is best for you and your family, but also carefully balance the sensitivity of others. Wearing a mask can make others feel more comfortable around you, and potentially reduce the spread of COVID-19. I encourage all individuals to be sensitive to one another and wear a mask where they deem appropriate.

Prior to the effective date of the order, individual business owners have the freedom to require masks of anyone that patronize that business. Consumers also have the option to shop elsewhere.

Washington County Executive Josh Schoemann may have expressed it best when he said, “Wear a mask out of love for your neighbor.” I could not agree more. This mandate is an overreach of government that is contrary to the oath of office I made to each and every one of you. There are at least 20 exemptions to wearing masks and I am not prepared to have deputies detain law abiding citizens in an effort to determine if citizens fit into one of the subjective exemptions.

Masks are not a police matter unless concealing your identity to commit a crime. The Washington County Sheriff’s Office handles approximately 35K-40K calls for service annually. I believe citizens have the expectation that your sheriff’s office should expend resources providing a safe and secure community by investigating real criminal acts.

I am not able to speak on behalf of other municipal police agencies in Washington County, but your sheriff’s office will not be enforcing a governmental mandate of what you wear.

Sheriff Schulteis

What an asshole.

The sherriff of the county just north of us where I grew up posted this after Evers issued his executive order to wear masks indoors-

From the Office of the Sheriff:

Fellow citizens,

Today, Governor Evers issued Executive Order #82 declaring a state of emergency under emergency management statues. Emergency order #1 was subsequently issued requiring face coverings in certain situations.

I encourage everyone to make their own medical choices based upon what you believe is best for you and your family, but also carefully balance the sensitivity of others. Wearing a mask can make others feel more comfortable around you, and potentially reduce the spread of COVID-19. I encourage all individuals to be sensitive to one another and wear a mask where they deem appropriate.

Prior to the effective date of the order, individual business owners have the freedom to require masks of anyone that patronize that business. Consumers also have the option to shop elsewhere.

Washington County Executive Josh Schoemann may have expressed it best when he said, “Wear a mask out of love for your neighbor.” I could not agree more. This mandate is an overreach of government that is contrary to the oath of office I made to each and every one of you. There are at least 20 exemptions to wearing masks and I am not prepared to have deputies detain law abiding citizens in an effort to determine if citizens fit into one of the subjective exemptions.

Masks are not a police matter unless concealing your identity to commit a crime. The Washington County Sheriff’s Office handles approximately 35K-40K calls for service annually. I believe citizens have the expectation that your sheriff’s office should expend resources providing a safe and secure community by investigating real criminal acts.

I am not able to speak on behalf of other municipal police agencies in Washington County, but your sheriff’s office will not be enforcing a governmental mandate of what you wear.

Sheriff Schulteis

What an asshole.
Oh hey, it's like my county, except your Sheriff is nicer. :p

It is fake nice.
our county is the same name, except our sheriff basically said "you will wear a mask, or you will make the baby jesus cry...." I like him, he is one of those no nonsense dudes who is hard on crime but soft on humanity. its something I can respect even if i dont always agree with his enforcement ideals.

figmentPez

Staff member
<SARCASM> I'm shocked. No one could have predicted this. </SARCASM>

COVID-19 Hospital Data System That Bypasses CDC Plagued By Delays, Inaccuracies

"the public data hub created under the new system is updated erratically and is rife with inconsistencies and errors, data analysts say. "

"On Thursday, an HHS spokesperson told NPR via e-mail, 'We will be updating the site to make it clear that the estimates are only updated weekly.*' "
"By contrast, the CDC estimates was updated three times a week. "

*It's been over a week since the data was updated.

Dave

Staff member
Oh hey, remember that Nebraska mask mandate? Nah. Ricketts and our Omaha mayor Stothert decided that Trump's way was better.