Coronavirus Thread

Our Mayor is now in quarantine because one of his staff tested positive. 48 City employees have now tested positive including 2 from my department. I'm glad I'm still able to work from home.

By HNN Staff | August 10, 2020 at 3:18 PM HST - Updated August 10 at 3:18 PM

HONOLULU, Hawaii (HawaiiNewsNow) - Hawaii is regularly seeing triple-digit increases in COVID-19 infections, a situation that underscores just how fast the virus is spreading in Hawaii.

Scientists actually track that rate of spread ― or reproduction rate.

And experts say that Hawaii now has the highest reproduction rate in the nation, at 1.6. In other words, every person who gets sick is passing the virus on to 1.6 other individuals on average.

“That is very, very high,” said Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell.

Anything above 1 means the virus is spreading quickly. The next closest state is South Dakota, at 1.2. In Texas, the number is 1.16.

Dr. Scott Miscovich, who has overseen mass testing events statewide and on the mainland, said Hawaii’s reproduction rate is bad news.

“It’s just a glaring example of how we need to be serious about this. We need to wear masks, we need to social distance,” he said.

“We are spreading it in closed respiratory environments. Get outside. It’s very serious.”

1597173094567.jpeg

“...as a result of coronavirus, we have had to restrict delivery to Prime members only.”
“...as a result of coronavirus, we are no longer able to accept WIC cards.”
“...as a result of coronavirus, we only offer Internet/TV/Phone bundled as a triple.”
“...as a result of coronavirus, we have had to close certain voting locations.”

...I mean, where would it end?

—Patrick

More insanity from Florida.

In a memo to his staff this week, Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods says it is “no longer a debate” and has ordered that none of his deputies are allowed to wear face masks....
Woods also ordered that any person who walks into one of the lobbies of the Sheriff’s Office, including the main and district offices, while wearing a mask will be asked to take it off. ....

Below are exceptions to his order, as directly outlined in the memo that he sent out.

Wearing Exceptions (only pre-approved masks will be worn and yes they are ordering the masks):

1. When you are instructed to wear a mask by HR when they are following the CDC guidelines for essential workers which is every one of you.

2. At the Courthouse — This is in compliance to the Fifth Judicial Circuit Chief Judge’s Order and is to be followed only as outlined.

3. At the Jail — They have their guidelines due to it being a confined environment and distancing is not an option.

4. At our Public Schools or Private Schools that have it as a mandate for their students (This does not include extracurricular activity ie., Sports games) — Again this is a confined environment where distancing is a limited option.

5. At all of our Hospitals — This is a given that there are positive cases within their facilities and the very high risk individuals will be present as well.

6. Patrol (These are the ones that you should keep the mask in your pocket for):
    1. When responding to a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility.
    2. When responding to a known Covid 19 address alert from dispatch.
    3. When on a call that involves a High Risk Elderly individual.
For all of these exceptions, the moment that enforcement action is to be taken and it requires you to give an individual orders/commands to comply, the mask will be immediately removed.

And I doubt all the testing sites closed for the hurricane got reopened.

Also, total testing is down but positivity rate is unchanged.

Last edited:
A self entitled selfish bitch from BC (I know thats redundant) violated quarantine to go to a brewey in NS. Arrested, fined, forcibly quarantined now, but brewery closed until health authority gives the okay to reopen.

So I bought some of their beer at the store to help them out.