Coronavirus Thread

Actually, I don't think it is a malicious (that is, intentionally). I think it is just spineless. Trump's pick (and Trump) does not have the backbone to do what needs to be done to get a handle on COVID. They are simply saying, "We won't ruffle your feathers, everyone."

Remember that "winning" is not about efficacy so much as eliminating as many Libs as possible. No amount of "friendly-fire" deaths is too many so long as the amount of dead Libs exceeds their own.

--Patrick
No, no, it's not about more libs dying. It doesn't matter if more of their own die or not. As long as the llibs get more upset about all the deaths, they've won either way.

Oh rapture, university students coming to Nova Scotia are not self isolating and surprise surprise surprise, they have the 'MeriKa Flu.

figmentPez

Staff member
Lies that conservative media is still telling:
- This was inevitable, and there was no way to prevent the deaths that have happened in America
- COVID-19 has killed less people than the flu
- Sweden is a model because they didn't lock down and see how good they're doing

Lies that conservative media is still telling:
- This was inevitable, and there was no way to prevent the deaths that have happened in America
- COVID-19 has killed less people than the flu
- Sweden is a model because they didn't lock down and see how good they're doing
If Sweden is a model, why not adapt their health care system?

I'm all like grrrrr!

A happy little black bear gives a girl a poke for not wearing a mask and everybody has to start killing bears. Must be fucking nice!

Baby, It's COVID Outside
The Bat's Head Carol
Rudolph the Mask-Wearing Reindeer

...and many more!
"Don we now our plague apparel Fa-la-laaa la-lmmf-mmmf"

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm not at all surprised by this, but if anyone had lingering doubts: DO NOT go to a Disney theme park right now.

“Basically all of our COVID information has come from word of mouth,” said the spouse of a cast member whose contract prohibits them from speaking to the press, “co-workers texting each other, co-workers talking to each other, and things that my [spouse] has seen on the job. None of this is from any of the managers. Disney management is not really officially acknowledging that any of this is happening.”

Cheeto has publicly talked about a second stimulus check today.

I'd take it with one hand, while giving him the finger with the other, because what choice do I have?

I'd take it with one hand, while giving him the finger with the other, because what choice do I have?
Ah, but see, you'll have to go to the voting booth and prove that you've voted by mail and in person for the Republican Party in order to qualify.

Congress has been talking about it for months, they're just not doing anything about [hurrying] it [up]. I keep getting YouTube preroll ads about the (full-color) heroic local Republican representative and how he knows the middle class has been hit hard by coronavirus, and how he would've had that stimulus check out and in everyone's hands by now if only those (switches to black-and-white) Democrats wouldn't keep holding those relief checks hostage. :rolleyes:

--Patrick

Or you could just give me the money now instead. :p
Well, sure, but that would mean also giving huge amounts of money to (choose which one you hate most) [black people]/[big tech]/[the military]/[young urban elites]/[old uneducated white folks]/[billionaires], and we can't have that!

Well, sure, but that would mean also giving huge amounts of money to (choose which one you hate most) [black people]/[big tech]/[the military]/[young urban elites]/[old uneducated white folks]/[billionaires], and we can't have that!
If you've got that kind of cash to throw around, sure we can! :D

Maybe something like this will happen again: Looks like over 100 people in Austria received a stimulus check from the US.

If you've got that kind of cash to throw around, sure we can! :D
Your flexible holistic view of the bigger picture is very much appreciated. Can the greatest President that the world has ever seen count on your support come November?

We have candy.

Your flexible holistic view of the bigger picture is very much appreciated. Can the greatest President that the world has ever seen count on your support come November?

We have candy.
I think you two both missed the part when I asked Bubble to give me the money instead. :p

I have a Taiwanese-American friend. She was born in Taiwan, but she married an American guy, and she has US citizenship. They have a son who is, I believe, currently in kindergarten. They usually live in California.

She recently announced on Facebook that they're uprooting their entire lives to come back to Taiwan for a year, because Taiwan basically has no COVID cases, so life is going on as normal. Whereas life in the US isn't working for their family in terms of their work and their son's schooling.

It's just... I don't know how to describe the feeling. It's like this is really bringing home to me how lucky I am to be in Taiwan right now, and how our government's been doing such a kick-ass job at keeping the pandemic under control. People I know are literally moving back to Taiwan to escape the disease, like refugees.

I have a Taiwanese-American friend. She was born in Taiwan, but she married an American guy, and she has US citizenship. They have a son who is, I believe, currently in kindergarten. They usually live in California.

She recently announced on Facebook that they're uprooting their entire lives to come back to Taiwan for a year, because Taiwan basically has no COVID cases, so life is going on as normal. Whereas life in the US isn't working for their family in terms of their work and their son's schooling.

It's just... I don't know how to describe the feeling. It's like this is really bringing home to me how lucky I am to be in Taiwan right now, and how our government's been doing such a kick-ass job at keeping the pandemic under control. People I know are literally moving back to Taiwan to escape the disease, like refugees.
This is my exact feeling about being trapped in Brisbane, Australia right now. I feel a bit guilty but generally happy to be here instead of the U.S.