Coronavirus Thread

Dave

Staff member
Nebraska is ending all social distancing guidelines or rules. Omaha still has a mask mandate and it's one of the few places that the cases are going down!

God DAMN republicans are so fucking stupid. And contagious. I guess Kurt Cobain knew it all along.

Nebraska is ending all social distancing guidelines or rules. Omaha still has a mask mandate and it's one of the few places that the cases are going down!

God DAMN republicans are so fucking stupid. And contagious. I guess Kurt Cobain knew it all along.
WHY MUST COLORADO BE SURROUNDED BY THESE STATES?! This must be how Canada feels.

I don’t understand... how do you know what your babies’ genders are without starting wildfires?
I finally got the memes I've been seeing of nuclear mushroom clouds and entire planets exploding with the tagline "IT'S A BOY!"

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Speaking of babies.

Unfortunately this is going to get used by the anti-lockdown crowd to claim that trying to control the spread of the virus only kills more people than the virus itself.

Never mind that if we'd just had a real lockdown, we'd already have been able to open up more, and that pregnant women can still see doctors while taking precautions (if those precautions are actually taken by everyone), etc. etc. etc.

Not to mention that we have no idea what effects COVID-19 might have on a pregnant woman and her child.

UGH, I'm just so sick of the anti-science, anti-learning assholes out there that insist we have to just let death happen because we aren't absolutely certain of the best ways to minimize death.

18 months from now in Washington DC....

Canada "Hey how's it goin eh?"
Mexico "Where is everybody?"
Canada "Says here, they all died of.....freedom."
Mexico " Dibs on Texas."
Canada "We get Alaska!"

figmentPez

Staff member

Holy fuck, they're still trying to blame Biden for not having done more about COVID-19.

And he's still trying to make the bullshit claims that masks make things worse.

Holy fuck, they're still trying to blame Biden for not having done more about COVID-19.

And he's still trying to make the bullshit claims that masks make things worse.
I am struggling with the concept that people think a private citizen is somehow more responsible than the president to deal with a pandemic/threat to national security.

A private citizen has zero authority to make any policy decisions.

WTF.

I am struggling with the concept that people think a private citizen is somehow more responsible than the president to deal with a pandemic/threat to national security.

WTF.
"They must think their base are idiots..."

GOP:

figmentPez

Staff member

WTF.
There are multiple issues at play here, I think.

First, Republicans have surrendered their party to Trump. Anyone who is still a Trump voter believes that Trump is responsible for all (good) things that are done by any Republican anywhere. Following this logic, they seem to think that Biden controls all things done by Democrats.

Second, Trump supporters don't care about the truth, they only care about furthering their own goals. If something supports their goals, they back it.

Third, Trumpers never fact check their own party's statements. If it's said by a Republican official, or a conservative talk show host, it is gospel.

Speaking of, what happened to all the doomsday preppers? I thought they whould be the first to speak up or are they all sitting in their bunkers?

Speaking of, what happened to all the doomsday preppers? I thought they whould be the first to speak up or are they all sitting in their bunkers?
The actual ones went off grid to ride this out.

The posers stormed the Capitol buildings and hoarded :tprun: