Coronavirus Thread

He’s not wrong. Blue states included or not, we’re definitely at a level nobody else in the world is at... just not in the way he thinks.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
In news that should not surprise anyone, Texas officials lied about Coronavirus test results:

And, yes, I feel it's justified to call this lying, because I think the most likely conclusion was that they intentionally chose a bad formula in order to get lower numbers.

The total global capacity to produce vaccines is about 10 million doses per day. If we had a perfect vaccine given to us from God himself last Monday, and America bought evey single dose, the world still could not produce enough doses to vaccinate the USA by election day.

...aaaaaaand not even four full days into our "modified in-person learning" and we already have three confirmed cases of COVID-19. (Two students, one adult).

EDIT: It's one of our six high schools, but every student has (theoretically) been on campus at least once since Monday. Fortunately, it's not a school that I transport.

I could be wrong, but I feel like if they even had a decent response to coronavirus, trump would've locked this election up. They just have no ability to sense the longterm.

Yes, if the response to Corona had been even somewhat effective, he'd be trending a few percent points higher and it'd be Clinton's "win popular vote, lose EC" all over again for sure; Now it's kind of dangerous.

SO MANY PEOPLE seem to think that "election interference" from Russia or whoever is hacking and sabotaging the voting machines or stealing/injecting votes. They really don't (want to) see that it's so much easier to just influence the people. The amount of deliberate fake news - the MILLIONS spent on convincing people of horseshit - is just astonishing. And Twitter, Facebook, Google, they may do a bit of clean-up, but most of the damage has already been done.

I could be wrong, but I feel like if they even had a decent response to coronavirus, trump [sic] would've locked this election up. They just have no ability to sense the longterm.
I think there is ample evidence of this even excluding the pandemic. His whole presidency has been one big squall for how much candy he can get his dad to buy him before they finish going through the checkout lane.

--Patrick

I guess it shouldn't be, but I would've thought there'd be one competent person who would understand that it was a golden opportunity for him to look like a leader and have a large margin for error.
According to multiple reports there have been numerous competent people who see this... but they’ve all been fired or ignored. Trump is an idiot who surrounded himself with an echo chamber of yes men and women. Any good ideas get pushed away if they contradict the narrative in his deranged head.

Wow who could have seen this coming?! :thumbsdown:

1600465551811.png

Also, this is kind of asinine, they are literally remixing all of the student population. I'm sure that will go GREAT.

Is this profit motive? Or is it just a move to maximize the number of deaths in traditionally pro-Democratic districts?

--Patrick

Is this profit motive? Or is it just a move to maximize the number of deaths in traditionally pro-Democratic districts?

--Patrick
It's straight up ignoring the lessens of thalidomide for purely political reasons.

Not sure if big pharma will play along, too much risk for shareholders.

Our school made it exactly 2 weeks. Full distance learning for 2 weeks. Not sure what they think will be different after 2 weeks.

Our school district is still planning to reopen hybrid in two weeks because they think the CU Boulder outbreak will stay isolated to CU and not affect the rest of the county. lolololol