Coronavirus Thread

After a year of skipping all the fun stuff my kids love I decided to be nice and take them out to a small outdoor waterpark. It was a great day, but of course three days later my daughter gains a small fever, headache, can't eat, and when she does it she throws up, making me freak out.

Luckily, it looks like it's just a stomach virus likely caused from the food she ate yesterday, but this pandemic is making me go friggin crazy over anything from a cough to a sore throat.

The same day we went to the waterpark my county launched itself right back into the "red" zone of covid danger after spending weeks in yellow and trending towards green. God damn it, I want my kids to go back to school so they can make friends again but fucking Abbot had to sign all those rules preventing schools from doing any viable COVID suppression measures because "MUH FREEDOM!". FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

After a year of skipping all the fun stuff my kids love I decided to be nice and take them out to a small outdoor waterpark. It was a great day, but of course three days later my daughter gains a small fever, headache, can't eat, and when she does it she throws up, making me freak out.

Luckily, it looks like it's just a stomach virus likely caused from the food she ate yesterday, but this pandemic is making me go friggin crazy over anything from a cough to a sore throat.

The same day we went to the waterpark my county launched itself right back into the "red" zone of covid danger after spending weeks in yellow and trending towards green. God damn it, I want my kids to go back to school so they can make friends again but fucking Abbot had to sign all those rules preventing schools from doing any viable COVID suppression measures because "MUH FREEDOM!". FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.
That's just the normal symptoms of going to a water park.

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

I hate this. It's easy to laugh at the people who refuse to get the vaccine and have been eager to follow the lies of Trump and his ilk. But they don't deserve to die. In a better world, they would have a better education, understand how vaccines work, and would willingly want to get them not just for themselves but for others around them. Hearing anti-vaxxers beg for the vaccine on the death bed is just sad.

The problem is all these people are being preyed on by an entire empire of right-wing media, evangelicals mega churches, and grifters. All they want is either ratings, donations, or access to your bank accounts.

These people get that through fear whether it's fear of immigrants, fear of where you will go in the afterlife, fear of losing out on a big sale that's actually a terrible rip off.

I know this because my mother is one of them, and she was dragged in so deep by my stepfather that I can't get her out. She is an absolutely caring person most the time who will do anything she can for you but once Tucker Carlson comes on at night everything is about how violence black lives matter is or that covid is a hoax or that immigrants are coming to rape and pillage us. They do that because it keeps her watching Tucker Carlson every night. These people are victims, while they do have to assume some of the blame we can't forget who the real villains are.

I was just reading the numbers in Vietnam right now (a country that did a remarkable job for the last year) getting absolutely decimated by Delta with no access to vaccines and was just thinking about how much I'd like to see Bill Gates hanging in a gibbet. Probably related somehow.

The UK reopened completely a few days ago, despite rising numbers. Populists are gonna populist, after all.
However, everyone who tests positive or is alerted by an app that they had close contact with someone positive has to isolate for 10 days.
Pretty much all supermarkets and has stations are already in trouble due to too many people having to isolate. Gosh what a surprise.
So now the UK is considering a new list of essential workers, who will not have to isolate if they come in close contact. Take a guess at what kind of jobs they intend to tell "yeah, your health we don'treally care about".

The UK reopened completely a few days ago, despite rising numbers. Populists are gonna populist, after all.
However, everyone who tests positive or is alerted by an app that they had close contact with someone positive has to isolate for 10 days.
Pretty much all supermarkets and has stations are already in trouble due to too many people having to isolate. Gosh what a surprise.
So now the UK is considering a new list of essential workers, who will not have to isolate if they come in close contact. Take a guess at what kind of jobs they intend to tell "yeah, your health we don'treally care about".
Also the tabloid press have decided the problem with this isn't the rising numbers, it's the app that's to blame. Or the "Pingdemic" as they've dubbed it. And now they're not so subtly encouraging people to delete the app by talking about how terrible all these people having to self isolate is while at the same time talking about how many people are already double jabbed so are deleting the app so that they don't get told to self isolate. Never mind that not everyone is double jabbed and that even if you are no vaccine is 100% effective or that even if it stops you getting sick it won't necessarily stop you from infecting other people! :mad:

Oh, and because a lot of delivery drivers are having to isolate people have started to panic buy again.