[Gaming] Dead Island : Awesomeness has arrived (shitty release though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

so we can only play with the non patch version or the whole thing is pulled?

Seems like we got Dev Island.

However, kindly note I experience NO ISSUES AT ALL in the 2+ hours I played last night with my friend.

Will report later.
Added at: 19:09
A patch was sent out this morning that fucked shit up.

- Launching the game gives me an 2 automatic DLC error related messages, clicking OK allows me to proceed.
- Bindings have been reset. Not amusing.
- Seems like my COOP game last night did not save for my character. Logged on to find my character was back at the Prequel. However, I retained my LVL 5.

Not impressed at all.

Won't change my opinion of the game but moreso of the company. How could they have fucked this up so badly?

Update: Deep Silver just sent along word that they are planning to announce a "Make Up" to people who purchased the PC version to apologize for the issues. They also stated the updated build should be live on Steam.

Jesus Christ, I can't play this game until they patch it again and address the horrible chopping issues. My system is way over kill for this game and even on performance settings the ocean areas are almost unplayable.

Update: Deep Silver just sent along word that they are planning to announce a "Make Up" to people who purchased the PC version to apologize for the issues. They also stated the updated build should be live on Steam.
They are likely going to be making everyone's version the Special Edition. Or to give them all the Ripper Mod at least.

I played a few hours. I'm enjoying it but it suffers from all the strengths and weaknesses of Borderlands.

Couple of notes:

The truck I jacked says "D32d 157AnD" for a licence plate. That was hilarious.

On an annoyed note: I was unable to jump into a fenced in hut, even after finding ways to easily "jump' the fence, either from a near-by rockface or using a car hood. Very annoyed.

Sadly, the fuck do I know. One of the worst game launches I've experienced.

Shame, the game is GOOD.

So true Jay. The game itself? Amazing. Inveloping. Addicting.

The patches/lack of MP on week 1/bad versions? Not so great.

In 1 month when I'm beating zombies down on a daily basis, I'll probably have forgotten all about it though.

Normally I am a staunch advocate of steam and buy most, if not all, of my pc games through them. However, having moved for the beginning of September I find myself without internet, save for setting up a hotspot through my phone. Because of this I bought a physical copy of the game that has given few issues, mostly clipping.

Still, can't play co-op either but at least I can play, if you're willing to call singleplayer playing the game at all.

Currently on act 2 and still loving it. Can't wait to play with others though.

C

Chibibar

MP still down... 24 hours now.
Dang. This is going to hurt them :( Dead Island was hype all over the internet. It looked REALLY good, but with bad release like this (especially on steam) that is going to hurt the company in future sales :(

C

Chibibar

god damn, i'm gonna pissed that i live in Europe when i can't play with you all
You be pissed? My wife is pissed that she can't play with me (that was the main reason we bought the pack) luckily she is not pissed at me... whew!

Not a story spoiler necessarily, more of a mechanics thing but I didn't know about it going into the game so I figured I'd hide ot for others.
But...one headshot to kill the still living punks, 4-5 to kill basic walkers. Seem odd to anyone else?

I have one and only one complaint about this game: Purna's Fury. It targets whoever is closest to you, as long as they are in your vision. This means that instead of unloading her revolver into that Ram bashing on the church door, it unloads into the 6 other guys who aren't doing anything, allowing the Ram to one shot me.

This had better be a bug.

So I just experienced my first bug. I was beating down a wave of zombies, a good 5 or so, with my newly acquired wrench when I suddenly just fell through the ground.... into a magical pool of nothingness and proceeded to drown. An interesting way to suffer my first death I suppose....

So I just experienced my first bug. I was beating down a wave of zombies, a good 5 or so, with my newly acquired wrench when I suddenly just fell through the ground.... into a magical pool of nothingness and proceeded to drown. An interesting way to suffer my first death I suppose....
Zombies have always been a metaphor... maybe the game is just taking it a step further.

Status
Not open for further replies.