Diablo III, NOOOOOOOOO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

Interesting article on the whole thing, including information I didn't know before - that the "real money" AH is going to be totally anonymous. This gives a great edge to Blizzard to cheat and destabilize or stack the ladders with epic loot purchased unfairly by those with more money than sense.

http://www.pixelpoppers.com/2011/08/blizzard-and-two-level-deception.html
I know Blizz said they won't put items up "now" but I know they might do it later. It is not a firm rule or "law" of the land. It is out there.

don't for one second think that they're making the offline disabled as a convenience for the player.
Didn't they explicitly acknowledge that as an understandable issue, just one that they felt was negligible?

bingo! We say we don't use RMT side of AH for now, but when we are farming for gear and someone is selling the Sword of UBer destruction +50 with 2 gems of sauce for like 5$ (yea right) you might incline to pick it up since it is only 5$ ;)
So you're complaining about Blizzard taking a piece of a transaction you're voluntarily agreeing to enter? :confused:

I can understand the people who are upset about possibly being unable to temporarily play their game while being unfortunately tied to Comcast's bandwidth caps, but now you're blaming the store for anticipating and prodding your needs.

Seeing as how we have yet to see the slightest evidence that Blizz will actually enact P2W or tune the game so it's inevitably required, if you don't want Activision to take another piece of your wallet, don't spend money on the RMT AH.

C

Chibibar

Didn't they explicitly acknowledge that as an understandable issue, just one that they felt was negligible?

So you're complaining about Blizzard taking a piece of a transaction you're voluntarily agreeing to enter? :confused:

I can understand the people who are upset about possibly being unable to temporarily play their game while being unfortunately tied to Comcast's bandwidth caps, but now you're blaming the store for anticipating and prodding your needs.

Seeing as how we have yet to see the slightest evidence that Blizz will actually enact P2W or tune the game so it's inevitably required, if you don't want Activision to take another piece of your wallet, don't spend money on the RMT AH.
I have no idea where you are getting that I am complaining on any part. I personally don't care about constant online, RMT (which I probably use). I am buying Diablo III and going to play the heck out of it.

Hell, I'm not even spending money on the game. I'm a first-day pirate and I'll be merrily playing offline by myself.

I have no idea where you are getting that I am complaining on any part. I personally don't care about constant online, RMT (which I probably use). I am buying Diablo III and going to play the heck out of it.
Sorry, it sounded like you were getting behind the "Activision is going to sneak into my wallet and take my monies" crowd for a second there. My mistake.

Honestly, with SW:TOR coming out in a couple months and Mass Effect 3 around the corner, it might be a long time before I even consider Diablo 3, without even considering any of this shit.

Yeah, it has to compete with games I will play. Never played Diablo 2 and I only played the first on Playstation.

C

Chibibar

Sorry, it sounded like you were getting behind the "Activision is going to sneak into my wallet and take my monies" crowd for a second there. My mistake.
No worries. that is why I use ;)

I figure Blizz was gonna cash in on the "black market of virtual items" that exist in any games for ages. I was surprise such things wasn't available on WoW first. Micro Transaction is big bucks (if done right) Is Diablo III heading in to the "right direction" that is kinda iffy. I have to see it, but make no mistake, with anonymous listing, you know Blizz will be highly tempted to put up some Epic super rare items 2-3 months from now (so make it like some player got lucky) and bank on it ;) or sell gold.

Please don't use colored text. On a dark theme it looks like shit. :(

Don't know why people use it, perhaps it makes them feel special but in reality just makes me ignore their posts.

Please don't use colored text. On a dark theme it looks like shit. :(

Don't know why people use it, perhaps it makes them feel special but in reality just makes me ignore their posts.
Um, I'm not. I'm using the default.

EDIT: Unless one of the themes is broken again.

EDIT: Unless one of the themes is broken again.
Be careful if you copied the test from another word processor. I sometimes have it happen where I type my messages in yahoo (so my boss does not realize I am slacking and just thinks I am writing an e-mail) and when copied it carries over all the formatting options, including a lot of the defaults. For instance I made a post here once that for some reason had the "black text" tag, making it impossible to read on the darker themes.

The best way to check is hit Edit and click the button in the top right, the BB Code Editor, and see if you have any code hiding in there.

Be careful if you copied the test from another word processor. I sometimes have it happen where I type my messages in yahoo (so my boss does not realize I am slacking and just thinks I am writing an e-mail) and when copied it carries over all the formatting options, including a lot of the defaults. For instance I made a post here once that for some reason had the "black text" tag, making it impossible to read on the darker themes.

The best way to check is hit Edit and click the button in the top right, the BB Code Editor, and see if you have any code hiding in there.
Not doing anything like that, but good idea on the code check.

EDIT: Interesting...on that quoted post Jay was having issues with (and only that post), there's a color being applied, even though I posted it in the standard forum interface like I do all my posts. Huh.

That's basically what's happened, I gave a friend my pretty well unused Bnet account to Diablo 3 his heart out.
Added at: 16:26
PSSSST, DON'T TELL BLZZRRRRD.

Status
Not open for further replies.