[Funny] Funny Pictures! (Keep em clean, folks!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are only 45 pounds (according to some star trek fact I recall hearing a decade ago). Doing it one handed like that would require some crazy strong wrist and arm muscles, but it's not like a 200 pound barbell.
45 lbs for a hand weapon is completely asinine. Your average 2-handed sword weighs around 5 lbs. A sword like the Guts uses in Berserk - the BFS with a blade six feet long and at least 10 inches wide - would weigh in at around 75-80 lbs. For a weapon as small as the bat'leth to weigh 45 lbs would mean it was essentially made out of plutonium.

GasBandit

Staff member
45 lbs for a hand weapon is completely asinine. Your average 2-handed sword weighs around 5 lbs. A sword like the Guts uses in Berserk - the BFS with a blade six feet long and at least 10 inches wide - would weigh in at around 75-80 lbs. For a weapon as small as the bat'leth to weigh 45 lbs would mean it was essentially made out of plutonium.
Well, in all seriousness, I've held one (guy who used to work here was a rabid trekkie and klingon cosplayer, he MADE HIS OWN BAT'LETH), and it didn't feel 45 pounds, though I couldn't put a real number to it.. maybe 15 pounds? It's big and heavy though, and stiffarming it out in front of you like that WOULD be enough to make a 200 pound guy fall over. Remember, it's not all "blade," the back curve part has to be thicker for the handholds and so it doesn't "wobble" or bend when you swing it - it has to hold itself rigid.

Agreed, but still and all I'd say it wouldn't weight more than 12-15 lbs. They're fairly shitty as far as weapon design goes anyway.

Spoilered for image size. Nothing bad, although it may put you off from baking meat pastries for a while.
-edit-

Well, I thought it was funny.

Okay, maybe that last pic was a little too much nightmare fuel. How about a little "raping my childhood" instead?

-edit-

Huh. Having an apostrophe in there seems to break the spoiler tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.