Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

Dave

Staff member
Guys! GUYS! I have found the greatest thing ever!

Backstory. I work with a lot of right wing people who all are invariably Trumpers. They are avid hunters, fishermen, car guys, etc. The fact that I am who I am amuses and frankly bothers some of them. One guy in particular frequently calls me geek and nerd and things like that. No, he's not being really mean about it - he's giving me shit which is perfectly fine. But it's one of his go-to jokes.

Now, a couple weeks ago he was cleaning out his garage and he decided that since he no longer had the ability to listen to CDs or cassettes that he was going to shit-can his entire collection. I said no! Let me look through them first. Fine. He brought in these two BIG boxes with hundreds of CDs/cassettes in them. My wife went through them and got the things she wanted. The rest were religious, country, christmas, or any mix of the three. My sister listens to country/christmas/religious so these were right up her alley. Today we took them out to her. But before that a guy cut me off in traffic. I had to slam on the brakes and one of the boxes tipped over and spilled everywhere. When we got to my sister's we cleaned them all up but one of them caught my eye. I had been given the biggest and greatest gift anyone could have.

So without further ado, here's the reason this is in the funny pictures thread. I give you, the cassette to end all cassettes.

2023-11-04 14.41.58.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
Just when you thought France was needlessly dumb with the words for numbers, along comes Denmark...

Apparently the literal translation of how they say the number is "two and half-five," being a shortened version of "two and half of five twenties." You'd think half of five twenties would be 50, not 90, but this is Danish so the order of operations can go fuck itself and the "half" means halfway between 4 and 5 twenties. But nobody even bothers saying the twenties part, it's just implied.