Funny Pictures Thread. It begins again

...whenever someone asks me how old I am
I went to my local store by myself at age 13 to buy a gallon of 70% nitric acid in a glass bottle, and they were like, "Sorry, we can't sell it to you... if you're going to try and take that home on your bicycle in a backpack."
So I had to have my mom drive me back in the car so I could take it home.

--Patrick

I don't know if this is really funny but maybe some of you get a chuckle out of it. The Superb Owl becomes more and more popular even here in Germany (for whatever reasons). And when something becomes popular people wants to make money. So various stores are selling American themed food and other consumables right now. Let's see what this one store has to offer.

IMG_20230204_185329.jpg
IMG_20230204_185410.jpg
IMG_20230204_185431.jpg
IMG_20230204_185511.jpg
IMG_20230204_185552.jpg

Personally I think it's funny what counts as American.

I don't know if this is really funny but maybe some of you get a chuckle out of it. The Superb Owl becomes more and more popular even here in Germany (for whatever reasons). And when something becomes popular people wants to make money. So various stores are selling American themed food and other consumables right now. Let's see what this one store has to offer.

Personally I think it's funny what counts as American.
except for the hot dogs in a glass jar, this could easily be a grocery store circular for any store in my town.

While I don't really understand why Germany would care about the Super Bowl*, the "American Football Box" and "Chicken Donuts" are so bad yet so believably American.

*To my understanding, the NFL has been trying to break into the European market, but I don't think they've had a lot of success? Or maybe this circular says I'm wrong.

For some reason american football became a thing here over the last years. Or rather the the tv broadcasting of the NFL games in the US. We have american football sport clubs in Germany ( like the Hamburg Sea Devils) but the sport is not as popular as other "American" sports like ice hockey or basketball. At least not popular enough to get tv coverage.

The live broadcast of the NFL games is a bit of a surprise.

Yeah, I'd happily eat most of that. The hot dogs in a jar are a bit weird, but not so much as to put me off.

I do have to ask what this is:
View attachment 43800

Seriously, the fuck?
Ketchup and mayonnaise in one tube. I'm sure this is something that's more german than american. Many people eat their fries "rotweiss" (red white), with ketchup and mayonnaise. However it's usually separated and don't come out of one tube. This is more a gimmick product.

And yes it looks like tooth past.
maxresdefault.jpg

What did you think the special sauce is on a big mac? Blood soaked jizz?
I'd have to eat at a McDonald's to run into that. Their burgers are terrible, so why subject myself to that in the first place?

If I was starving and the only place open was McNasty, I'd go there, but otherwise, there is always a better option nearby.

There was a reddit thread recently that was basically, "<picture of ketchup bottle> This doesn't exist. What you gonna put on your fries?"
My response was, "Mayo and mustard blended together, of course. That's what I eat them with now."

--Patrick