Funny (political, religious) pictures

I can't decide if I should actually explain this, or just sigh.
Please do both.

What's going on is I don't recognize the blonde beside Donald Jr (I think that's Jr, anyway), so I don't know if this is just a "like father, like son" thing, or something else. So I went with

Please do both.

What's going on is I don't recognize the blonde beside Donald Jr (I think that's Jr, anyway), so I don't know if this is just a "like father, like son" thing, or something else. So I went with
It's like father like son. Also the blonde is Trump's campaign manager.

Zappit

Staff member
I've been thinking things over, and I've been analyzing the tone of that victory speech Trump gave last night.

He didn't have that, "Suck it, losers!" tone we expected. Maybe he played a role during campaign, and will now act like a semi-almost-not-really-there-but-fake-it-til-you-make-it-halfway mature adult?

I go back to when he said if he ever ran for president, he'd run as a Republican because they'll believe anything you tell them. (Guess that theory was right.) he spent most of his adult life as a Democrat, and even putting aside some of the truly crazy shit, he really didn't sound like a Republican at all. There might be Democrat leanings still there. Maybe that natural con-artist just pulled the biggest con in history.

Donald Trump also has a compulsive, unrelenting need to be liked. Now, he's going to have a lot of people bad mouthing him all the time for years on end. Maybe that need will drive him more towards the center, to try to please all of the people all of the time. His ego could force moderation if it gets enough people to praise him.

What I'm saying is, I think the crazy, xenophobic, lock her up routine was an act to play to the crazy, xenophobic, lock her up crowd. I think he's going to dial it back.

Either that or the reality of the situation set in and he was about to shit a brick.

I've been thinking things over, and I've been analyzing the tone of that victory speech Trump gave last night.

He didn't have that, "Suck it, losers!" tone we expected. Maybe he played a role during campaign, and will now act like a semi-almost-not-really-there-but-fake-it-til-you-make-it-halfway mature adult?

I go back to when he said if he ever ran for president, he'd run as a Republican because they'll believe anything you tell them. (Guess that theory was right.) he spent most of his adult life as a Democrat, and even putting aside some of the truly crazy shit, he really didn't sound like a Republican at all. There might be Democrat leanings still there. Maybe that natural con-artist just pulled the biggest con in history.

Donald Trump also has a compulsive, unrelenting need to be liked. Now, he's going to have a lot of people bad mouthing him all the time for years on end. Maybe that need will drive him more towards the center, to try to please all of the people all of the time. His ego could force moderation if it gets enough people to praise him.

What I'm saying is, I think the crazy, xenophobic, lock her up routine was an act to play to the crazy, xenophobic, lock her up crowd. I think he's going to dial it back.

Either that or the reality of the situation set in and he was about to shit a brick.
He looked genuinely scared when ABC News zoomed in on his face as he reached the podium for his acceptance speech. Like he was completely unprepared for actually winning.

You know, as silly as it is, there is a part of me that wonders if the whole conspiracy, the one in which he took over the Republican ticket to allow Hillary to win because they are secretly like best buddies, was true. Can you imagine what would be going through his mind now that he won, if we hypothetically believe it was true?

"Oh shit. What the fuck is wrong with all you people? I did everything I could to make you hate my guts and you still voted for me, wow. I... I am a businessman and a showman, I can't run the country you nincompoops!"

Though not true IMHO, the idea of it makes me laugh enough to lower the shock and get productive again.

I think this speech was one where his campaign manager wrestled him to the ground and told him what to say and how to say it. We'll see. If surrounded by somewhat competent people, he might end up as "just" a right-wing republican president - which given what the rest of the party spouts about rolling back literally every choice or decision Obama has ever made is still scary enough - but he might just as well be able to use his bluster and ego to force through a more "presidential" reign or go for wholesale madness.

"Oh shit. What the fuck is wrong with all you people? I did everything I could to make you hate my guts and you still voted for me, wow. I... I am a businessman and a showman, I can't run the country you nincompoops!"
It's like Arthur Carlson all over again.

--Patrick