Funny (political, religious) pictures

But they are for small government.

I have an honest question about Liberterianism. What is the stance on anti-trust issues?

GasBandit

Staff member
But they are for small government.

I have an honest question about Liberterianism. What is the stance on anti-trust issues?
Well, seeing as how Gary Johnson (Libertarian nominee for 2012) has filed an antitrust lawsuit for the Libertarian Party's exclusion from the debates... I'd say not what a lot of people might expect it to be.

My basic view is that a supply and demand economy is the proper way for capitalism to function effectively. That's why it's imperitive that there IS some government interference in large corporations and banking institutions. When they are allowed to become the juggernauts of market influence that they are now, this is how we end up with the destruction of small businesses and with it, a marginalization of the buying power of the middle class.

Basically, I'm tired of the Corporate Oligarchy and the Personhood of corporations needs to be repealed, like, 20 years ago.

Could be worse. You could be drunk, pull up to a homeless shelter (or soup kitchen, don't remember), yell at the people to "go get jobs", throw a bunch of misc bills at them, drive off, and have your approval rating go UP as a result since he went into AA afterward. Ralph Klein, Premier of Alberta in the 90s and early 2000s. It really happened.

That being said, I generally think he was actually a really good leader of the province. Some bad decisions yes, but on the whole a good Premier. But that incident happened.

It was pretty bad, the whole story was:

He went in after they pretty much had closed.
Pretended to wash dishes that were actually already cleaned by the volunteers.
Went in against the director's permission (director used the quote: -Ramrodded their way in for a PR photo op)

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, that's no way to get ahead in politics. He should have just drove his car off a bridge and left a woman to drown. That's how you get the media to love you and throw themselves in front of bullets for you.

GasBandit

Staff member
Eh, don't fret too much, I'm guessing it happened before you were born. Mmmmaybe before you were pubescent.

I didn't really start paying attention to my politics till around 2005 so even if it did happen in my life time (32yrs old) I probably missed it.

Yeah, that's no way to get ahead in politics. He should have just drove his car off a bridge and left a woman to drown. That's how you get the media to love you and throw themselves in front of bullets for you.
Yeeeeah, but it kinda makes your chances of getting elected president microscopic at best.

Isn't that right, Ms. Kopechne?

...Ms. Kopechne?

...Uh, this is no time to go for a swim...

Sure. NONE of that second panel was happening after the first debate. Keep on believing that one.

I'd actually fully approve of this comic if it wasn't naming sides. If it was just "our side" "their side" and applied generically, then I'd be with it.