Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

GasBandit

Staff member
Apparently America owes illegal immigrants Health Care, Jobs, Food, and House. I sure hope Hugh Laurie has a clear calendar, that's a lot of work!

Apparently America owes illegal immigrants Health Care, Jobs, Food, and House. I sure hope Hugh Laurie has a clear calendar, that's a lot of work!
Okay, is that really a protest sign in Arizona? Or is it some asshole trying to discredit protesters with a ridiculous sign?

Honestly I couldn't say. Could be either. You know what I say about people carrying signs during work hours...
It's just so stupid that I can't believe it was sincere. It had to be a hyperbolic statement made by someone else to mock the protest, right? Right?

GasBandit

Staff member
This rant took place at a La Raza rally at UCLA in California. The speaker is a man by the name of Ron Gochez. He is a history teacher at a government high school in California.

I want to start off by saying that the young man who spoke a little while ago was one of my students. That made me so proud, because you know, our people have strong leaders for years and years to come. As a [Spanish] militant com barrio - a revolutionary Mexican organization here -- we understand what the camarade's saying. This is not just about Mexico. It is a global struggle against imperialism and capitalism.

But we know that all that is happening within the context of where we now stand -- this stolen, occupied Mexico. And the message that we bring is that we want to bring a little bit more of a revolutionary context to this. Why is it that these people, these frail, racist white people, want to keep us out of this country? It's not simply that it's the color of our skin. It's not simply that they want to exploit us. I'll tell you why. It's because on this planet right now, 6 billion people, at the forefront of the revolutionary movement -- is La Raza.

When you hear from our commandantes, Fidel Castro Ruz, Hugo Chavez, Evo Morales, Brazil, Equador, you name it, we have nine, nine left of center governments in Latin America right now. And they know something that one young Argentine, Che Guevara, said. It was called the domino theory. And he knew that every single country would go revolutionary, one after the other, after the other, after the other.

So what do they fear? They know that every single country, they know that we will no longer fall for these lies called borders. We know that an El Salvadoran, a Guatemalan, a Nicaraguan, an American -- there's no damn difference. We are all one people.

So, with that in mind, we see ourselves, all of us here, as the northern front of a Latin American revolutionary movement...
Struggle against Capitalism and Imperialism, huh? Well, you made the capitalism part clear... but the imperialism? That must be because the United States is "occupying" lands that should rightfully be the "Republica del Norte" or some other such hogwash.

Eric Holder wants to change the rules for issuing Miranda rights.

Specter is lagging in the polls in Pennsylvania. Would love to see him forced into retirement.

Speaking of, Tea Party ousts Republican incumbent senator at Utah convention.

Obama's support among Jews is about one-half what it was.

From the Wall Street Journal .. In the male-dominated world of conservative politics, the tea party stands out as a movement of energized and organized women. In particular, moms.

The Congressional Budget Office says that its receipts from taxes on wages were lower over the last seven months, but that receipts from corporate taxes were up.

The story that Washington doesn't want you to hear: Freddie Mac -- already propped up with $52 billion in taxpayer funds used to rescue the company from its own mistakes -- recorded a loss of $6.7 billion and said it would require an additional $10.6 billion from taxpayers to shore up its financial position.

The danger with the finance reform bill begins after it passes, when regulators actually make most of the decisions .. decisions that are even more heavily influenced by lobbyist.

The Governor of Arizona responds to Barack Obama with an ad on illegal immigration saying that "it is no laughing matter."

Racial profiling: It's only cool if it DOESN'T save lives.

No-bid government contracts to Halliburton? No, this is not a flashback to the Bush years.

Are voters still lookin' for change? Apparently not so much, in these economic times.

Eric Holder says that the Justice Department is considering a federal lawsuit against Arizona's new immigration law.

Weighing in on the the "racist Tea Parties"debate. MSNBC continues to tout this theory that tea partiers are racist.

A retired doctor explains why he put up anti-Obama billboards.

I'm pretty sure the "Domino Theory" to which he is referring has already been largely discredited. This guy sounds like an awful history teacher who doesn't know shit about what he's teaching.

By the way, you sound like even more of a loon than usual when you insist on saying "government school." Or do you complain when people go to "government libraries" and get degrees from "government universities?"

GasBandit

Staff member
By the way, you sound like even more of a loon than usual when you insist on saying "government school." Or do you complain when people go to "government libraries" and get degrees from "government universities?"
It's not a "public" school. It's a government school. A Catholic school is run by catholics, and also teaches its students to embrace Catholicism and how it tells you to live your life. A Hebrew school is run by Jews and also teaches its students to embrace Judaism and how it tells you to live your life. A government school is run by government, and also teaches its students to embrace government authority and how it tells you to live your life.

"Public" school, in my considered opinion, is tantamount to child abuse. "Public" is a euphemism.

The groups name is La Raza, meaning "The Race" or "The People." They just want equality.
Like hell they do. What they want is to take what they believe is theirs, which is most of Texas and California. What's they'd want it for is beyond me... it was worthless when we got it and it'd be next to worthless after we left. Mexico isn't exactly in any position to do anything with the territory ether.

The groups name is La Raza, meaning "The Race" or "The People." They just want equality.
Like hell they do. What they want is to take what they believe is theirs, which is most of Texas and California. What's they'd want it for is beyond me... it was worthless when we got it and it'd be next to worthless after we left. Mexico isn't exactly in any position to do anything with the territory ether.[/QUOTE]

Did you just say most of California and Texas was worthless??

Like hell they do. What they want is to take what they believe is theirs, which is most of Texas and California. What's they'd want it for is beyond me... it was worthless when we got it and it'd be next to worthless after we left. Mexico isn't exactly in any position to do anything with the territory ether.[/QUOTE]

Did you just say most of California and Texas was worthless??[/QUOTE]
I don't think so. I think he's implying that whatever worth WAS there will evaporate once Mexico takes over, since they wouldn't run it as well as the USA does right now (not to mention the people that would flee the areas if this ever actually had a hope of happening). But that's what I got out of his post, he can answer for himself.

I don't think so. I think he's implying that whatever worth WAS there will evaporate once Mexico takes over, since they wouldn't run it as well as the USA does right now (not to mention the people that would flee the areas if this ever actually had a hope of happening). But that's what I got out of his post, he can answer for himself.[/QUOTE]
I don't think any of us should have them. Let California and Texas form their own union. Texifornia will be the revolution!

I don't think so. I think he's implying that whatever worth WAS there will evaporate once Mexico takes over, since they wouldn't run it as well as the USA does right now (not to mention the people that would flee the areas if this ever actually had a hope of happening). But that's what I got out of his post, he can answer for himself.[/QUOTE]

Basically this. Hollywood and Silicon Valley would relocate to the East Coast (Kevin Smith will be the King of Hollywood when it eventually moves to Jersey! :) ), as would other major businesses. Then, once the law leaves, the people who stay will basically loot the place dry because the Mexican Army isn't capable of doing jack shit. Without any resources, the areas would begin to resemble the rest of Mexico and we'd have no reason to take them back except on principle.

GasBandit

Staff member
Have you noticed the up-tick in stories about teachers union lately? The stories usually follow a similar pattern: Some entity recognizes the failing condition of its government schools, a lawmaker proposes a change to those government schools, the teachers unions get upset because they suddenly have to worry about their job security, the teachers unions fight tooth-and-nail against changes that would foster better education for school children, politicians see their campaign coffers starting to dwindle and start worrying about their reelection campaign, politicians cave to teachers unions, government education continues to be a miserable failure.

Latest case? Charter schools good! Bloomberg say New York want more Charter School! He want raise, maybe remove cap on number of charter schools! But UNION HAET CHARTAR SCHOOL RAAAAAAR!

Only in the mind of a union thug would a vote for charter schools mean a vote "against teachers and students" but "for big corporations."

Did you hear the story about the third-grader in Texas who received detention for an entire week for possessing a Jolly Rancher? Remember, "Zero Tolerance Policy" really means "Zero Thinking."

Almost 40 million Americans are on food stamps.

Going to work has become a second-rate choice to mooching off the government.

Another good column from George Will on the Los Angeles budgetary crisis.

Democrat Senator Carl Levin is considering legislation that would ban investment banks from betting against their own customers.

There is thunder on the mountain. I especially like the last two paragraphs.

When it comes to the media, Obama is essentially using the same divide-and-conquer strategy as George Bush; the only difference is that he is backing a different side.

The Weekly Standard tackles how to pay down the debt.

The Welfare State's Death Spiral

Yet another way ObamaCare will end up INCREASING healthcare premium costs: Letting young adults stay on their parents' health insurance until they turn 26 will nudge premiums nearly 1% higher for employer plans, according to the government. But at least the parents get a tax break for it, I guess.

The New York Times tells Greece to end its government-run healthcare in order to save money. Ironic?

The Congressional Budget Office concludes that policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions will lead to increased unemployment. In other words, don't be fooled by this "green jobs" line the administration continues to tout.

Have you noticed the up-tick in stories about teachers union lately? The stories usually follow a similar pattern: Some entity recognizes the failing condition of its government schools, a lawmaker proposes a change to those government schools, the teachers unions get upset because they suddenly have to worry about their job security, the teachers unions fight tooth-and-nail against changes that would foster better education for school children, politicians see their campaign coffers starting to dwindle and start worrying about their reelection campaign, politicians cave to teachers unions, government education continues to be a miserable failure.

Latest case? Charter schools good! Bloomberg say New York want more Charter School! He want raise, maybe remove cap on number of charter schools! But UNION HAET CHARTAR SCHOOL RAAAAAAR!

Only in the mind of a union thug would a vote for charter schools mean a vote \"against teachers and students\" but \"for big corporations.\"
I'm worried that the unions might try and cut a retaliatory slash into limiting hirings and retentions of Teach For America and NYC Teaching Fellows teachers. They're non-union, paid lower, and tend to perform better, so the union thinks of them as scabs.

I am so glad I live in an area where charter schools are popular. Hell, we have 2 within spitting distance of my house.

GasBandit

Staff member
If this article doesn't scare you, I don't know what will.

A Rasmussen poll found that 87% of adults favor making English the nation's official language.

The latest national crisis that the federal government must swoop in and fix ... childhood obesity! Don't worry, more government regulations are on the way.

Rick Santelli is at it again, this time ripping into Rep. Kanjorski for not including Fannie and Freddie reform in the financial reform bill.

Speaking of Fannie and Freddie, Republican senators have introduced an amendment to require the government to relinquish its control of Fannie and Freddie within two years.

According to the Department of Education, the vast numbers of student s are coming to college unprepared. What did you expect by sending them to the government to be educated?

Labor unions are starting to focus their energies on right-to-work states, trying to purge more moderate Democrats and elect more "progressive" liberals.

Explaining the Obama administration's about-face on Times Square bomber Faisal Shahzad.

Minutes after the Times Square bomber was added to the no-fly list, five airlines received calls from U.S. officials telling them to check the no-fly list immediately, but the airline that sold Faisal Shahzad a one-way ticket to Pakistan did not receive such a call.

Here's an example of government getting in the way of itself, and in this case it could affect your security.

Top political advisors to Barack Obama are given the privilege of taxpayer-funded personal drivers, a luxury not afforded to advisors during the Bush administration.

House majority leader Steny Hoyer says that Bob Bennett's defeat in Utah shows that the Republican base has no interest in reaching a compromise with Democrats in control of Congress.

The Taliban in Afghanistan is suspected of releasing poisonous gas into the air in girls schools, sending many to the hospital.

Ever play pin the tail on the donkey? Can't anymore in Great Britain. It's a health and safety violation. Thanks, nanny state!

GasBandit

Staff member
Now Los Angeles has decided that it is going to boycott Arizona. It looks, though, that LA will only stop doing business with Arizona companies where it is convenient to do so. LA will not, for instance, stop flights between LAX and Arizona airports nor will they forbid Arizona-based US Airways from landing at LAX. In other words, it's all symbolic BS.

An Illinois government school refuses to send it girls varsity basketball team to a tournament ... because it is in Arizona.

The federal government posted a $82.69 billion deficit in April. That's a lot of dough. But it seems like even more of an outrage when you put it in this context: that is almost four times more than the shortfall recorded in April 2009, and it is the largest deficit on record for the month of April.

The Wall Street Journal on why we need to extend the Bush tax cuts.

There's an amendment to the Wall Street reform bill that would exempt auto dealers from the authority of a proposed consumer financial protection agency?

Healthcare may be interstate commerce but health insurance is not. By law. Looks like the Obama Justice Department needs to do some more homework.

Here we have the intended consequence of expanded social welfare ...

Now it's time for the unions in Spain to throw fits and riot and strike.

An interesting take on today's financial troubles: The welfare state is today's equivalent of the gold standard.

The Massachusetts healthcare bill (very similar to ObamaCare) was supposed to lower costs for small businesses. So much for that.

NATO wants to award soldiers medals for "courageous restraint" if they avoid using force that could endanger innocent lives.

A Rasmussen poll found that 40% of voters nationwide say that being a good citizen and being a patriot are the same thing.

Barack Obama won't golf with Rush Limbaugh.

GasBandit

Staff member
See, I'd golf with anybody, from ghandi to pol pot. I'm off my game though, I haven't played a round of golf since I was 21.

J

JONJONAUG

Ever play pin the tail on the donkey? Can't anymore in Great Britain. It's a health and safety violation. Thanks, nanny state!
Wait, what?

Did you even read your own articles (judging from your track record in this thread, of course you haven't).

The traditional children's party game pin the tail on the donkey is under threat because parents consider it a health and safety risk.

The claim comes from retailers and parenting experts who say mothers and fathers are increasingly reluctant to put pins into the hands of youngsters.

The notion that today's children have to be wrapped in cotton wool and cannot be trusted with a pin will surprise the millions who played the game as children.

Tesco claims that sales of pin the tail on the donkey games have been outpaced by the pinata, an import from Mexico.

Two years ago pin the tail on the donkey games were outselling the pinatas at a ratio of six to four.

But sales of the Mexican party product have jumped 70 per cent in the past year and they now outsell the traditional favourite.

The supermarket's childrens' party buyer, Vicki Rolston, said: 'Some parents don't want to make pin the tail on the donkey games because of safety concerns.'

Nicola Lammond, of the parents' website netmums.co.uk, confirmed this, saying: 'Pin the tail on the donkey is a safety issue for some mums. If they have the game at all they prefer to make or buy versions with blue tac rather than pins.'

But some parents will wonder why the traditional game is considered more dangerous than the pinata.

In the Mexican game, players have to batter brightly-coloured objects such as bulls and unicorns with a hammer until they burst open and sweets or toys fall out.
All this article states is that pin the tail on the donkey sales are down and pinata sales are up, followed by different groups trying to analyze the sales patterns of party games for children. There is no law on the books in the UK prohibiting or limiting the sale of pin the tail on the donkey.

...and fuck you for creating a situation in which the preceding sentence would ever be typed.

Wait, what?

Did you even read your own articles (judging from your track record in this thread, of course you haven't).
Nice catch. I'm sure Gas will be along shortly to claim he trolled you and it was all part of his master plan, or some bullshit like that.

Necronic

Staff member
Meh, everyone slips up sooner or later.

Anyways, that Mexico should take back California/Texas thing makes me chuckle. So you have these people that are like "Those states should belong to us! Viva la mexico!" while they flee their own country to get here because Mexico is so bad. It reminds me of a scene from "The Hammer" -

"You guys sure seem to love Nicaragua except for the part where you risked your lives not to live there any more. "

Anyways, as a Texan I can say I love immigrants, I want as many of them as are willing to come here. In many ways immigrants represent the American Dream to me. They come here with nothing and work their asses off to get a better life for their children. And yeah, there are some bad ones, but its not really that many.

The only beef I have with them are the cultural differences, like driving standards and a lack of courtesy for littering/standards of cleanliness, but I think the same could be said of 90% of douchebags driving trucks and/or europeans, and I just suck it up because there are some great stuff you get from the cultural differences as well (viva la tacquerias!)

I go running at a park by my house and the only people who hang out there are all these mexican families, and its awesome. They are grilling all the time, or playng soccer, or teaching their kids how to fly kites, or just hanging out. I just don't see other people doing that anymore.

Bring 'em on in, there's plenty of space for hard working people that pay taxes (and yes, even illegal immigrants do pay taxes either through property or payroll taxes and I seriously doubt any of them are applying for a refund on their income taxes. Just because you are here illegally doesn't mean you get all you income in cash, many of them have fake social security numbers and get a paycheck just like everyone else.)

C

crono1224

Meh, everyone slips up sooner or later.

Anyways, that Mexico should take back California/Texas thing makes me chuckle. So you have these people that are like "Those states should belong to us! Viva la mexico!" while they flee their own country to get here because Mexico is so bad. It reminds me of a scene from "The Hammer" -

"You guys sure seem to love Nicaragua except for the part where you risked your lives not to live there any more. "

Anyways, as a Texan I can say I love immigrants, I want as many of them as are willing to come here. In many ways immigrants represent the American Dream to me. They come here with nothing and work their asses off to get a better life for their children. And yeah, there are some bad ones, but its not really that many.

The only beef I have with them are the cultural differences, like driving standards and a lack of courtesy for littering/standards of cleanliness, but I think the same could be said of 90% of douchebags driving trucks and/or europeans, and I just suck it up because there are some great stuff you get from the cultural differences as well (viva la tacquerias!)

I go running at a park by my house and the only people who hang out there are all these mexican families, and its awesome. They are grilling all the time, or playng soccer, or teaching their kids how to fly kites, or just hanging out. I just don't see other people doing that anymore.

Bring 'em on in, there's plenty of space for hard working people that pay taxes (and yes, even illegal immigrants do pay taxes either through property or payroll taxes and I seriously doubt any of them are applying for a refund on their income taxes. Just because you are here illegally doesn't mean you get all you income in cash, many of them have fake social security numbers and get a paycheck just like everyone else.)
I agree with the work their ass off, in the culinary world central american and Mexican workers are very appreciated cause they are willing to put in the hard work and start from the bottom. Less likely than a culinary school grad to want to start off washing dishes for 1-2 years.

Though I gotta disagree with the taxes thing, first off all just because they don't file means anything. They could simply claim a high number and actually have to owe the government more money every year, and by not filing they aren't paying.

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, let's see how this goes... Not saying I'm back up to full production yet, but we'll see what happens -

This article by Janet Daley in the Telegraph in the UK is worth a read.
At last, we are having the right argument for our time. Virtually everybody who is in touch with political reality now accepts that the old contest - socialism vs capitalism - is over. We all believe, with greater or lesser degrees of enthusiasm, in free-market economics. So the real source of contention that remains is the size and role of the state.

Anyone who thinks that this is a puny arena - that the boundaries of debate have shrunk to a less inspirational, purely managerial scale - is mistaken. The passion with which those on the Left are now defending their new turf should make it clear: this fight will be to the death because the power of government to control social and economic outcomes is seen by them as the last plausible incarnation of their moral world-view...

The tragic inevitability of government intervention is that when you create a permanent agency to deal with a problem it has an inherent tendency to make the problem itself permanent. This is not only for self-serving reasons - to justify its own continued existence - but because it prefers to deal in fixed entities such as poverty, deprivation, or educational inequality, rather than to view the infinite range of human possibilities and personal circumstances as a dynamic, ever-changing spectrum in which individual vagaries matter more than any total result.

What do you know about the financial reform legislation that the Democrats managed to pass last week? Do you think it lives up to the hype as "the toughest financial reform since the one we created in the aftermath of the Great Depression"? The general consensus among the politicos and columnists seems to think that it fails to protect us. Here's a roundup from the weekend ...
  • "Whereas Glass-Steagall substantially altered the structure of the financial system and required the creation of brand-new kinds of firms, Dodd-Frank effectively anoints the existing banking elite. The bill makes it likely that they will be the future giants of banking as well." - Newsweek
  • "The bottom line: this doesn't fundamentally change the way the banking industry works ... The ironic thing is that the biggest banks that took the most money end up with the most beneficial position, and the regulators that failed to stop them in first place get even more power and discretion." -- a former U.S. Treasury official
  • "The biggest hole in the bill is the continued notion that banks and government are really one big, happy family. The banks will take risks as long as it's approved by the bureaucrats in Washington who don't understand risk-taking, and the government stands ready to help the system survive a 2008 meltdown scenario by being able to swoop in and "wind down" troubled firms that present grand "systemic risk" to the markets and the economy when they get into trouble." - The Daily Beast
  • "The financial reform bill that's about to be passed is reform in name only. It does little to correct the problems that led to our meltdown, and may do more harm by giving people a false sense of security ... you should know the "compromise" in Dodd-Frank isn't between Republicans and Democrats, but between Democrats and Democrats. In short, it's the left's idea of how to regulate Wall Street. And while some things in the bill aren't bad, most of it is." - Investors Business Daily
  • "For this law to be the groundbreaking remedy its architects claimed, it needed to do three things very well: protect consumers from abusive financial products, curb dangerous risk taking by institutions and cut big and interconnected financial entities down to size. So far, the report card is mixed." - New York Times

Take a look at this story about an eight year old burn victim who was denied a medical procedure by the FDA. Just wait until the government is fully in charge of your healthcare!

George Will has a few 'vapid' questions for Elena Kagan, Obama's Supreme Court nominee.

Senate Democrats will begin crafting a sweeping energy bill this week that could include cap-and-trade.

What is the greatest threat to our national security, according to Joint Chiefs Of Staff Chairman Admiral Mike Mullen?

Our Community Organizer sets up a high-level presidential panel to help set future drilling policy .. and stacks it with environmentalists and opponents of offshore drilling.

Here's a look at how competition saves taxpayers money, and how the labor unions are trying to stifle that competition and force the government (and ultimately the taxpayers) to pay more for the same services

The number of conservatives still outnumbers moderates or liberals, according to the latest Gallup polls.

The government lowered its estimate of how much the economy grew in the first quarter of the year, noting that consumers spent less than it previously thought.

Two CensusBureau managers from a Brooklyn field office were fired for creating fake household surveys to meet deadlines.

Rep. Jim Moran (D) says that our economy has recovered. Get a brain?

Dick Durbin wants Barack Obama to appoint a carp czar. Yes, as in fish. If it was a crap czar Durbin would be the natural choice.

Thousands of sea turtles are dying because of the oil spill! Actually .. no.

The ACLU and immigrant rights groups want Congress to hold hearings on the "grave abuses of lethal force" by federal agents patrolling the U.S.-Mexico border.

From the NYTimes: Principals say that recognizing multiple valedictorians reduces pressure and competition among students, and is a more equitable way to honor achievement. Reduce competition? Equity? My gawd, no wonder this country is going down the crapper.

GasBandit

Staff member
In 1995, Elena Kagan groused about the "vapid and hollow" confirmation hearings for Supreme Court in the Senate, where nominees don't really answer questions. Today we will see if she does the same.

A Senate panel has approved an "Internet kill switch" for the president. I'll have more to say on this .. but it definitely seems to fit the bill of the expanding role of the federal government.

Yesterday was Day 1 of the Senate hearings for Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan. Didn't have time to sit around and watch 'em? Here's a wrap-up of what happened.

The media was quick to label Bush Supreme Court nominees as "very conservative." But how does the MSMedia label President Obama's choices? "Centrists." The Media Research Center has more ...

The Supreme Court has rejected a business-led challenge to a government healthcare program in San Francisco that has enrolled more than 53,000 people who lacked health insurance.

For the second time in recent weeks, the Obama administration's environmental policies have clashed with its efforts to boost American jobs. The man is an avowed enemy of the private sector .. what else would you expect?

Nancy Pelosi said a $35 million train station in St. Paul, Minnesota funded by the stimulus is "a small price to pay for taking this region into the future."

Chicago Mayor Daley is determined to circumvent the Supreme Court's gun law decision by any means possible.

Now the question is ... what will happen with Robert Byrd's seat, considering there are elections in November but the filing deadlines have passed?

The disconnect between theory and reality seems ominous. The response to the initial crisis was to throw money -- to lower interest rates and expand budget deficits. But with interest rates now low and deficits high, what happens if there's another crisis?

The government is already falling behind schedule on meeting its deadlines for implementing ObamaCare. It will only get worse.

Write bad checks, die a slow painful death in prison with no medical care.

Chicago Mayor Daley is determined to circumvent the Supreme Court's gun law decision by any means possible.
Well it's only the Second Amendment. It's not like it's the Fifteenth or anything.

I would like to see the city of Raleigh implement a series of laws to circumvent the Third Ammendment personally. Make it so you have to file 15 pages of paperwork, take 3 8 hour courses offered every other weekend, and wait out a 6 month waiting period before a Government official will take a look at your objection to having to house a soldier in your home.

GasBandit

Staff member
The Gulf. Articles like this will go down in history as to why government is not the solution to our problems. It lacks the capability to respond with urgency, creativity or ingenuity because it is too bogged down with bureaucracy, red tape and responsibility.

Kagan. It's Fine If The Law Bans Books Because Government Won't Really Enforce It

In an interview with the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, House Minority Leader John Boehner suggested that we need to raise the Social Security retirement age to 70. Boehner also suggested that people with substantial retirement income probably shouldn't be collecting Social Security.

Now the CIA is saying that Iran is going nuclear and sanctions won't do anything to stop it. Gee, ya think??

A question from Thomas Sowell: Now that the Supreme Court has decided that the Second Amendment to the Constitution means that individual Americans have a right to bear arms, what can we expect?

Here we go ... the oil jobs begin to move overseas thanks to our administration's policies.

Tim Geithner each asserted last week that the United States cannot continue to lead the world economy.

For decades, liberals have promoted welfare as a "hand up, not a hand out." Now, with the cost of American welfare programs pushing toward $1 trillion per year, it's time to make that slogan a reality.

Financial reform could signal the end of community banking ... less credit will be available, costs will increase, and we will be less able to make loans to regular people who were creditworthy in the past.

How about that Russian spy ring?

Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman says America is in the "early stages of a third Great Depression." If he's right, it's only because American policymakers have been following his advice.

This from a private practice doctor on ObamaCare. "The end result will be rationing and delay of elective procedures, denial of expensive but effective treatments a la England, and most likely a single-payer system the likes of which is seen in other, less advanced health care systems around the world."

The bailout of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac could end up costing the taxpayers over $1 trillion.

The 1990s were a decade of rapid private sector expansion and federal government restraint. The 2000s are a decade of government expansion at all levels and private sector retrenchment.

How about $1.44 million of your tax dollars for the government to estimate the size of the population and examine the "social milieu" of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam?

The NAACP approves of the legalization of marijuana .. because drug laws discriminate against minorities.

We've come to a point in our society where Jon Stewart is asking tougher questions than the media.

What are the five most economically optimistic countries?