Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

figmentPez

Staff member
Yes they really are. There have been terrorist activities IN THIS MONTH from both sides.
I don't think it's fair to count violent extremists as democrats or republicans. People sending ricin, bombs, etc. are not following either party's ideology....

Except for the fact that Trump has been encouraging violence against journalists, and has been courting white supremacists and other violent organizations. That's where the line gets blurry. There is no democrat leader at the national level who is encouraging hatred and violence in the same way that Trump has. While it can be argued that the level of violence Trump has openly advocated is well below the level of sending bombs, he still lauded the criminal assault of a news reporter, and he refuses to denounce groups that are openly calling for genocide.

Dave

Staff member
This was a left-wing idiot who hated the military and war in general. So he tried to take out a few people. And Cruz got something mailed to him as well.

I don't think it's fair to count violent extremists as democrats or republicans. People sending ricin, bombs, etc. are not following either party's ideology....

Except for the fact that Trump has been encouraging violence against journalists, and has been courting white supremacists and other violent organizations. That's where the line gets blurry. There is no democrat leader at the national level who is encouraging hatred and violence in the same way that Trump has. While it can be argued that the level of violence Trump has openly advocated is well below the level of sending bombs, he still lauded the criminal assault of a news reporter, and he refuses to denounce groups that are openly calling for genocide.
Don't forget, this didn't start with Trump. His presidency wasn't even a gleam in his syphilis ridden eye yet when Gabby Giffords was gunned down outside a grocery store.

Not that it doesn't happen, but if you guys are trying to equate the frequency of left-wing terrorism vs right-wing, youse bananas.

Oh yeah I forgot about libertarians.

According to this college enrollment is about 20 million. Assuming 1/4 are freshman, and 1/2 of them are male, that's 2.5 million. Including you, there are about 2,500,001 libertarians in the US.

figmentPez

Staff member
"I just want to tell you that in these times we have to unify, we have to come together and send one very clear, strong, unmistakable message that acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the United States of America," Trump said.

So, when can we expect Trump to denounce violence against reporters? When is he going to denounce the white supremacists who constantly threaten minorities with violence?

I'm not going to hold my breath.

Look, I live near Boulder. There are crazy radical leftists that are definitely as bad as the right. There are local/state Democrat candidates that I don't even know if I can bring myself to hold my nose and vote for because they are that fucking crazy. On a national and governor level I will vote Dem for sure, but some of these, hoooo boy.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh yeah I forgot about libertarians.

According to this college enrollment is about 20 million. Assuming 1/4 are freshman, and 1/2 of them are male, that's 2.5 million. Including you, there are about 2,500,001 libertarians in the US.
Even putting aside your banal insult, I don't think the math works out. I would say that freshman make up a disproportionate number of college students, because as you go up in years, you get more dropouts.

Besides, Gary Johnson got 4,489,235 votes, so nyeh :p

Ah, Florida. Keepin' it classy in their gubernatorial race debates. Definitely not spelling out racial slurs at our opponents. Nope. Not doing that at all. Definitely not...

Ah fuck.

figmentPez

Staff member
Members of 'combat-ready' white supremacy group charged with violence at political rallies

The leader and three members of a California-based white supremacist group have been charged with attacking counter-protesters, journalists and a police officer at political rallies throughout the state in 2017, the U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles said Wednesday.

The men and other members of the "Rise Above Movement" sought to "organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on riots" in Huntington Beach, Berkeley, San Bernardino and the deadly Charlottesville rally, the office said.
According to the affidavit, Laube grabbed one journalist by the shoulder then punched him in the face three times. Members of RAM later celebrated the assault when it was highlighted on a neo-Nazi website, "Daily Stormer," the affidavit alleges.
But it's the press's responsibility to set a civil tone, and democrats are the ones creating violent mobs...

I don't think the Secret Service would find that funny. Maybe just send him copies of Powder?
Well I can't argue about how white that Powder is.
One of the best quotes from the movie:
Deputy Harley Duncan: I'm just saying that that's more than albino, Doug. That is spooky.

Sheriff Doug Barnum: I never thought we'd find a man too white for you there Harley.
I haven't seen that movie in quite a few years, but I remember liking it, even if it also has some disturbing scenes in it.[/QUOTE]

There is going to be a horrific massacre at that border. I really, really hope that I'm wrong. This is not the sort of thing you want to be vindicated about later. But something tells me that there's going to be an incident at the border and our military will "be forced to respond" wantonly slaughter that entire caravan full of people.