Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I was joking in the thread where I said I wouldn't vote, but it is a bit less satisfying when I already live in such a thoroughly blue area. Downside of living in civilization I suppose.

Uggg am I dreading the day I have to go pick up the kids from my mother after the midterms.

It's already super uncomfortable because they are die-hard, FOX NEWs watching old conservatives who voted for Trump. I gave them shit after the 2016 election but have since let it go, as arguing about it was going nowhere. Even now though, anytime a Beto ad appears on the TV my mother has to say "shut up" or "blah blah blah" right in front of me and my kids, which makes me get super upset since I try very hard to just ignore the TV whenever they decide to watch a Trump segment even though I want to call him a mouth breathing idiot, I just take a deep breath, ignore the sounds, and leave with the kids.

After the midterms though, if Ted wins I am just going to be so grumpy I am likely going to snap at them, and if Beto wins I can already hear the bitching I will have to endure. I really don't want my kids around that, but the wife and I both have to work.

On one hand, those are some repressive regimes. On the other hand, this is NOT an effective strategy for bringing about change. And you can't criticize those regimes whilst also snuggling up next to Bolsonaro in Brazil.

GasBandit

Staff member
I can deal with spinning or dropping, but fuck any ride that dangles me upside down. That ferris wheel with the ovoid cages is riiiiight fuckin out. So is the pirate ship.

I can deal with spinning or dropping, but fuck any ride that dangles me upside down. That ferris wheel with the ovoid cages is riiiiight fuckin out. So is the pirate ship.
I tend to black out at the tops of loops and during tight corkscrews. Doesn't mean they weren't fun, except for that zinc taste from the blackout.

I'm the exact opposite. You can spin or dangle me all you want, we can go super fast and take tight turns. I'm happy!

But fuck being dropped. Fuck that.

Last edited:
I'm the exact opposite. You can spin or dangle me all you want, we can go super fast and take tight turns. I'm happy!

But fuck being dropped. Fuck that.
I dont like that either, but I almost got use to the "tower" drops...until Busch Gardens put in Falcon's Fury or whatever, where that motherfucker tilts you completely forward before it drops you, so you feel like you're going to fall right out of the restraints. Never again.

I need to find a picture of this thing--- yep, that's the view all the way the fuck down.

I don't like roller coasters. They don't excite, frighten or amuse me. So all the twisty turny crap just makes me uncomfortable.

I'm deathly scared of heights..which is probably (weirdly enough) why I love those rides that drop you. I can do those all day.

I don't know if this should be in the funny pictures one but whatever.

Edit: to be fair I don't actually see evidence that he tweeted it but it certainly wouldn't be the first time he did such a bad job of covering it up.

Double edit: ok I really don't think thats real. Which is a damn shame because it's hilarious. Damned fake news

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
What was it?
It purportedly showed a tweet by the orchestrator of the fake Mueller accusation showing a "picture" of him standing next to the accuser, with the accuser's face hastily painted out in mspaint. A google image search on that doctored image returned the original, which revealed the photo in question to be years old, and the girl to be the orchestrator's girlfriend.

Saw a story today about an elementary school in Idaho where multiple teachers dressed up as racial stereotypes and/or American patriotic figures standing behind a wall that read Make America Great Again in red, white, and blue letters. The teachers apparently thought enough of this stunt to then post the photos on the district's Facebook page - proudly displaying how little they think of the 10% of their town and school population made up of Hispanic (predominantly Mexican) immigrants. Now they've taken the photos down but the teachers aren't facing any disciplinary action because the district has deemed that, while incredibly poorly thought out, there was no intentional racism or malice (despite the teacher in the sombrero with the fake mustache that had Mexican written across the brim, and reports - though no confirmed photos that I've seen to back it up - that other teachers had Wetback and other racial slurs written in less obvious places on their costumes. The superintendent says that he was shocked to see the photos when they were shown to him, and that Middleton is better than this. This isn't who they are. Bear in mind, this is the same district where, in 2016, one football player plead down to a lesser charge to avoid his probable conviction at trial of rape, sodomy, hate crimes, and assault for kicking a metal coat hanger up a teammates ass while calling him a "dirty n-word" and a fairy. It was just normal hazing though - boys being boys, and all that - so the prosecutors in the case (even though they admitted that they had enough evidence to likely get an easy conviction in a full trial) allowed him to plead down to simple battery, so that his life wouldn't be ruined by having to be placed on the sex offender registry.

I am contacting you to share with you the extreme anger, disgust, and revulsion that I felt today when I saw pictures of your teachers dressed in racist Halloween costumes. That they then felt comfortable enough with their actions to post the pictures to your official school district facebook page suggests that, despite your superintendent's claims - this is who you are.

That educators, tasked with shaping young mind and informing them about the world would dress in such a provocative, distasteful, and hateful fashion is incredibly disheartening. Hearing that their identities are being protected by the administration, and that they will likely face no discipline at all, doubly so. Each and every one of the teachers involved in this stunt - which will can only serve to further the racial tensions and divisions in our country at a time when Anti-Semitic, Racist, and Sexist violence is on the rise - should be terminated and have their license revoked immediately. That you are even considering allowing them to continue to shape young minds speaks volumes to your true feelings on the matter. You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Tallahassee Hot Yoga Shooter was arrested twice for groping women, but had charges dropped against him both times (can't imagine why anyone would want to drop charges against a military veteran who wanders around threatening women), before going in and shooting all of the women in the studio and pistol whipping the only other male in sight. Fucking Incels.

Sigh. Any other thread, and I'd be a lot less uncomfortable making this joke. :oops:

Tallahassee Hot Yoga Shooter was arrested twice for groping women, but had charges dropped against him both times (can't imagine why anyone would want to drop charges against a military veteran who wanders around threatening women), before going in and shooting all of the women in the studio and pistol whipping the only other male in sight. Fucking Incels.
They wouldn't be such a problem if they were actually getting laid. :awesome:

Apparently yesterday's shooter had been uploading songs to Soundcloud for the last few months, singing songs like "American Wigger," where he said he would "blow the heads off cunts," and another song in which he told an "extremely disturbing story of keeping a woman prisoner in his basement and using chains so he could rape her." I so hope the cops check his fucking basement. Oh, and yes, he identified as an incel, praised Rodger Elliot, was a member of the Alt-Right, and really, really hated immigrants. He's been telegraphing this attack coming for years. I really wish something had been done - like those charges hadn't been dropped.