Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I have gay friends in texas who voted for trump. I asked them "why would you vote for an administration that has proven that they want to strip all the protections from you for being gay that you've only recently gained in the last few years?"
I am very interested to hear their response(s).
Tue morning: Federal Judge directs USPS to sweep facilities from 12:30p-3p looking for undelivered ballots to ensure they arrive in time to be counted.
5pm - USPS replies, "We can't do that. We've already scheduled a sweep from 4-8pm, it would be disruptive to the inspectors' schedules to move it earlier."
I'd have to find the article again (although I could have sworn I posted it in one of the threads), there have been 44 provable instances of voter fraud, and all 44 were GOP.
I think it might have actually been 43-1, but yeah, we've discussed it before. And once this year moves to the rearview mirror, that 43 is gonna go waaaay higher.
So did NJ. And OR even legalized shrooms.

--Patrick

A key thing that I am somewhat proud of: Arizona is mostly blue right now. 7 of our 9 congressional seats, both of our Senators, and our votes for President are all Democrats.

(cue Doug Ducey shaking in his boots)

Sadly, my vote couldn't make that 8 congresscritters. Biggs still got elected over Joan Greene in my district.

I am very interested to hear their response(s).

Tue morning: Federal Judge directs USPS to sweep facilities from 12:30p-3p looking for undelivered ballots to ensure they arrive in time to be counted.
5pm - USPS replies, "We can't do that. We've already scheduled a sweep from 4-8pm, it would be disruptive to the inspectors' schedules to move it earlier."

I think it might have actually been 43-1, but yeah, we've discussed it before. And once this year moves to the rearview mirror, that 43 is gonna go waaaay higher.
It was something I saw recently when the mailman in West Virginia got caught doing it. That's all I remember.

So did NJ. And OR even legalized shrooms.
Yep. I mean, I still have 0 interest in ever trying it, but I think it's a dumb thing to be arrested for, so I voted yes.

I for one wouldn't be so sure they do know.

Remember, 25% of people voted for a admitted Neo-Nazi that even Ted Cruz told people not to vote for, and that said that Trump was "nothing but a puppet … this Jew-loving fool", just because he had an R next to his name:

On Wednesday afternoon, the Free Press reported that earlier in the day 570 challengers were “freely roaming” the room as poll workers counted ballots — 227 Republican challengers, 268 Democrat challengers and 75 Nonpartisan challengers. Republicans argued they did not have fair representation inside the counting center.
"...Republicans argued that being the minority made them uncomfortable..."

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Never underestimate the average guy's ability to tune stuff out. As I've alluded to previously, I know a few people who wanted Trump to win because Biden is pro gun control, and has promised to put Beto in charge of gun control efforts, and Beto has explicitly promised to "take away your ARs."

That's it. No other discussion needed. They can't vote for Biden, end of story.

That seems like a really odd section of where the wall that was promised would have been and people who then apparently went "You know what, that Trump really does keep his promises. Let's go all in."

That seems like a really odd section of where the wall that was promised would have been and people who then apparently went "You know what, that Trump really does keep his promises. Let's go all in."
Perhaps it's a thousand border patrol agents all promised a pay rise zeg glass job security if T gets reelected

Reactions: Far

figmentPez

Staff member
Except that there's a lot of people in those areas who don't want the wall, especially land owners who have lost land to the wall. Not to mention there's a lot of Hispanic people who Trump has repeatedly insulted (though I've also heard claims that Democrats didn't do enough to court their votes).

"He keeps the promises I really don't want to happen, especially his promises of mistreating Hispanic people like me" isn't exactly a believable motivation for those counties dramatically shifting red.

I know I said I was leaving politics, and I still am because I know the legal circus is going to be a mess, but when my wife told me what was happening, I had to come here and enjoy the fact that Trump came back from a polling deficit in a huge way only to get slapped down because he couldn't stop talking shit about John McCain for five minutes.

Arizona has not voted for a Democratic candidate since the 90s, but now the Republicans have lost both its electoral votes and both senate seats.

As for those worried about Nevada, Biden was up a few thousand before they started really going into the mail-in votes, which have statistically favored Biden up to 4 to 1 in other states (it was the mail-in vote that obliterated Trump's hold on Michigan and Wisconsin, and could still give him Pennsylvania and Georgia). It's also a decently Democratic region with Reno and Vegas both bordering California. I am not saying it's a sure thing (W won it both times by a few thousand votes) but Vegas has never been a huge fan of Trump, and voted Hilary over him by close to 30k votes in 2016.

Now I wisp away to the ignorance chamber again. Good luck.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don’t understand why states wait until Election Day to count early/mail in ballots. Hopefully some of them change when they start counting because of this.
In many states, the gop passed laws requiring it. So they could then later say "whoa hey where are all these ballots mysteriously appearing from, HMMMMM?"

I do not donate money, but I will make a mighty exception if it looks like we can flip that shit.
I think the McConnell, Graham, and Collins campaigns have shown money can only do so much. It helps to a point, but it makes me sick thinking about how much money was spent to try to take them down only to have pretty lack luster results.