Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

GasBandit

Staff member
TLDR: Plastic recycling was never economically viable. It only worked because China was (until 2017) willing to poison itself to turn a profit.

Well, if you thought Beholders and Illithids were perpetuating real-life racism somehow, I've got good news for you, I guess.

It's WotC, do surface level shit like this that doesn't matter a lick while still being problematic as fuck, like having the lead writer for Magic for years be a dude that writes graphic underage sex fiction.

figmentPez

Staff member
Texas continues to become more and more of a shithole:

Greg Abbott is evil. I have no other words for the sheer amount of vile things he has done to harm the people of Texas.

After governor’s veto, parents now must opt-in for students to learn about dating violence, child abuse

"In June, Gov. Greg Abbott vetoed the original version of the bill over concerns that it didn’t allow parental involvement. During the second special session, legislators passed a revamped version of the law that included Abbott’s input."

"The original legislation, which didn’t require parental permission, had bipartisan support and passed the Senate on a 29-2 vote."

Between this and the abortion law, I can only assume that Greg Abbott is covering up child abuse, either his or someone else's.

figmentPez

Staff member
Biden's 'Brandon' Caller Jared Schmeck Says He's Not a 'Trumper,' Receiving Abuse

"A man who said 'let's go Brandon' to President Joe Biden during a Christmas Eve phone call says it was meant as a joke and insisted that he's 'not a Trumper.' "

Hmm, he's anti-vaxx, talks about how it's his "God given right to express [his] frustrations in a joking manner", is upset because people are criticizing him, is a former police officer who won't say why he resigned, and is stupid enough to say a thinly veiled "fuck you" to a sitting president. Sure sounds like a Trumper to me.

If you do an asshole thing, that is what makes you an asshole. That's how it works.
I knew a guy in high school. He would sometimes be really selfish or stupid. One day he declared “If I admit to being an asshole you can’t hold it against me. It’s really your fault for being around me, then.”

Which was such an obnoxious asshole thing to say.

GasBandit

Staff member
1984 will have nothing on 2024. Here's a nice summary of how the GOP is removing as much democracy as they can from the election.

And polls show that 2/3rds of Republicans still think Biden didn't win.

1984 will have nothing on 2024. Here's a nice summary of how the GOP is removing as much democracy as they can from the election.

And polls show that 2/3rds of Republicans still think Biden didn't win.

I fully expect a Trump win - even a big one - in 2024. And I don't see democrats doing anything that'll actualyl stop it. Violence? The gun nuts are in the Trump camp. Legal action? The Supreme Court is in the Trump camp. MSM like to say they're neutral, and the right considers them left, but...not really.

Honestly, I really dislike the democrats, but the republicans aren't "one step away" from much of anything anymore. Individuals, perhaps, but as a group? They've openly embraced lies and propaganda, anti-democratic "we are the only ones who should count" values, etc etc.

Either the USA is going to Civil War 2, or the world is going to have the three biggest blocks of power all in the hands of fascist strongmen.