Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Dave

Staff member
And she doesn't seem to care and gives herself a huge pat on the back while saying so. Narcissist's gonna narcissist.

Never see any of that money.
True, but I'm at least happy one of them's in jail and the other in confinement. The vengeful side of me is, of course, saying that this person had as much reason to be released because of the pandemic as all the kids he sent to jail for nothing had a reason to be in there.

The John Fettermen vs Dr. Oz massacre has been the only entertaining thing happening in politics lately. Fettermen is absolutely savaging Oz everywhere and has like a 20 point lead on him now.

Do we have any Australian forumites? Apparently during covid their then-PM secretly gave himself 5 extra ministerial positions. And to be clear, there were already ministers in those posts. There continued to be ministers in those posts it's just that they were sharing their authority with the PM - and only some of them knew about it!

Do we have any Australian forumites? Apparently during covid their then-PM secretly gave himself 5 extra ministerial positions. And to be clear, there were already ministers in those posts. There continued to be ministers in those posts it's just that they were sharing their authority with the PM - and only some of them knew about it!
"but that's perfectly normal and has happened before if a minister is temporarily out sick or indisposed!"

Yes, but in those cases it's clearly known and publicized. And the ill or absent minister knows. Idiot..

The John Fettermen vs Dr. Oz massacre has been the only entertaining thing happening in politics lately. Fettermen is absolutely savaging Oz everywhere and has like a 20 point lead on him now.
I'm not going to say Fettermen is a perfect candidate, but the amount of times Dr. Oz is self-owning is making the job for Fettermen's campaign team insanely easy.

Oz is running one of the worst campaigns I've ever seen.
”Salutations and good morrow, fellow normal citizens. It is I, Dr. Oz, Man of the People!

Boy, don’t you just hate it when the wife sends you to Wedgermaninans buy fresh veggies for your crudités? And how about the price of sugar when you’re making a simple Friday croquembouche for the fellas at the country club, amirite? I swear, prices are so bad that I can barely afford the payments in my 10th house. Must be Joe Biden’s fault. Anyway, back to my totally-not-a-rich-guy-from-another-state day. Au revoir!”

”Salutations and good morrow, fellow normal citizens. It is I, Dr. Oz, Man of the People!

Boy, don’t you just hate it when the wife sends you to Wedgermaninans buy fresh veggies for your crudités? And how about the price of sugar when you’re making a simple Friday croquembouche for the fellas at the country club, amirite? I swear, prices are so bad that I can barely afford the payments in my 10th house. Must be Joe Biden’s fault. Anyway, back to my totally-not-a-rich-guy-from-another-state day. Au revoir!”
Right? I don't know who his team is, but they are seriously messing up.. or it's an inside hit job.

Not all heroes.

“Who cares another dead cop probably against gun control,”
Cops exist for the government to exercise its monopoly on violence. They want the whole world to stop when one of theirs goes down."
“How many idiots I had to transport with honor guard their dead bodies from coronavirus because they were all too stupid to wear masks or get vaccinated,”

Not as good of a Twitter post.
Also, some couples just don't ask those questions.

If my wife had something in the garage that sat around for years, then one day I see her lugging it out to a truck, I would assume she had good reason for it and just wait for her to tell me rather then bother her to ask. If she does not tell me that night, I probably wouldn't remember to ask, so I don't think about it until I see a tweet about how the thing she loaded into the truck helped someone, at which point it would be an "oh yeah!" moment.