Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Well, I'm getting to be pretty sure it's going to be Harris.... I don't know how much longer Biden can keep convincing himself he could last another 4 years even if he thought he coudl defeat Trump.

Hey, I managed to beat the official announcement by 2 minutes :D
Now to see if all Dems are happy to line up behind Harris or if some other idiot potentials feel the need to tear the party apart completely in some last-ditch attempt. Not that Harris would be my choice, but it's pretty obvious the party officials have been trying to get everyone united behind her. Now to figure out who would make a decent running mate.

Hey, I managed to beat the official announcement by 2 minutes :D
Now to see if all Dems are happy to line up behind Harris or if some other idiot potentials feel the need to tear the party apart completely in some last-ditch attempt. Not that Harris would be my choice, but it's pretty obvious the party officials have been trying to get everyone united behind her. Now to figure out who would make a decent running mate.
I do wonder if the best path is for some jobber to try for the nomination just so Kamala can get a quick warm up in before going against Trump. Or if this close it'll just weaken her.

If Harris gets someone like Shapiro, Warnock, or Whitmer as her running mate, she'd have a highly competitive ticket. All three of them are fairly popular in their home states (and battleground states to boot).

For the first time in weeks, I feel optimistic about November. Instead of an election between two old white men, it will be an attorney general vs. a convicted felon.

I saw someone comment, probably tongue-in-cheek, that she should get Obama as her running mate.

I don't even know if that's allowed, but it'd be funny.

I saw someone comment, probably tongue-in-cheek, that she should get Obama as her running mate.

I don't even know if that's allowed, but it'd be funny.
Barack Obama? Not allowed. The VP has to be eligible for the office of president, and his term limits would disqualify him.

Michelle, though…

Last edited:
Wow.
I'm torn about calling them out on misspelling "busses" because I want to give the author credit for getting confused due to talking about electric buses, but I'm not confident that they actually know the difference.

--Patrick

Is it wrong that I now want Republicans to picket about keeping their plastic straws?

Also why are we concerned if Harris recently learned that electricity has no smell? Trump was a bit late to the party to learn you shouldn't inject bleach into your body. I'm a little more concerned about that, than the other thing.

Dave

Staff member
But electricity kinda does have a smell. When nearby you get an active whiff of ozone and if you do smell it you know something is wrong. So while the electricity ITSELF might not smell, you certainly can smell when it's present.

But electricity kinda does have a smell. When nearby you get an active whiff of ozone and if you do smell it you know something is wrong. So while the electricity ITSELF might not smell, you certainly can smell when it's present.
Or if something is wrong

Obviously nothing has happened yet but there are rumblings that Trump wants to replace Vance as VP because he’s clearly a weak candidate chosen when they thought they had a cakewalk to beat Biden.

Really? It'd surprise me, really... Sign of weakness to replace him this quickly.
Though it might shuffle the news attention back to T instead of the democrats. In that way the timing was pretty good for Joe pulling out - the RNC just almost instantly disappeared.