Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

"I'm going to be a dictator for just one day"
"The police really just need one good super violent day"
"I don't think I need to stick to what any judge tells me"

I genuinely worry about the future of the world - not just your country - should this guy win (again). That some 45% of the voters can actually support any of this is mindblowing.

GasBandit

Staff member
2/ A Georgia judge struck down the state’s abortion law that effectively banned abortions after about six weeks of pregnancy. Judge Robert McBurney wrote that a review of “of our higher courts’ interpretations of ‘liberty’ demonstrates that liberty in Georgia includes in its meaning, in its protections, and in its bundle of rights the power of a woman to control her own body, to decide what happens to it and in it, and to reject state interference with her healthcare choices.” Abortions are now legally allowed until about 22 weeks of pregnancy. Georgia’s law was passed and signed by Republican Gov. Brian Kemp in 2019, but it didn’t take effect until the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. Meanwhile, at least 10 states will have ballot measures on abortion rights this November. Recent polls of the states with abortion rights on the ballot show Republicans support the measures between 28% and 54%. (Associated Press / NBC News / CNN / New York Times / Axios)
Some really good quotes from the judge in that case btw

3/ Biden expanded his “temporary” asylum restrictions at the U.S.-Mexico border, effectively making the strict immigration policy impossible to lift. Illegal crossings are now required to remain below a daily threshold of 1,500 for 28 days – up from seven days – before people who enter the country illegally may request asylum. Under the previous rules, the U.S. could restrict asylum access when the number of people trying to enter the country between the official border crossings hit 2,500 per day. The daily numbers had to average below 1,500 per day for a week in order for the restrictions to be lifted. (CBS News / Associated Press / New York Times / NBC News / Washington Post)
One last piece of racist bullshit from old genocide Joe before he shuffles his way out of the presidency.

So fucking glad I no longer need to vote for his stupid racist ass in November.

That plummeting line is not showing Trump's decline, it is showing how deep we've dug down (so far!) yet still haven't exposed even the topmost layer of Trump's level.

--Patrick