Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

It is. We have had it here in Texas for awhile, which I think only happened because Republicans see the state as such a safe Republican stronghold. Not sure how much longer it will last though after this election. Because of the pandemic, Gov. Abbot extended the early voting period an extra week, and the Texas GOP has been absolutely livid over it. They even attempted to sue to stop the extension, but state judges deemed it was too late by that point to cause confusion by cancelling it. Gov. Abbot had to make it up to them by doing his stupid "one ballot box per county" bullshit to try and suppress mail-in ballots in big ones like Harris.

Now that early voting is causing a schism where Republicans may lose power, I won't be surprised if the whole thing is cancelled next midterms unless we see a big blue shift this election.

Done and done.

20201022_100816.jpg

They actually used a new machine this year that seems to leave a better paper trail, which was nice. Past ones I used were all electronic, but this one actually gives you a print out with a barcode that you feed into the ballot box. When I showed up at the place there was a small group of Democrats and Republicans holding up signs for various smaller candidates, and yes they were 100 feet away from the building. As I walked back to my car after voting down ballot Democrat, a lady in the Republican group thanked me for making a difference. I told her it was my pleasure. I couldn't tell if she was just being nice or the fact I am a huge white dude that looks like I would probably drive trucks around made her think I was a Republican.

figmentPez

Staff member

Seven top aides in the AG's office have accused AG Ken Paxton of crimes including bribery and abuse of office. Two of those have since been fired.

foreign actors "have taken specific actions to influence public opinion relating to our elections." Specifically, [...] actors from Iran and Russia had separately obtained "some voter registration information" and were using it "to communicate false information to registered voters that they hope will cause confusion, sow chaos, and undermine your confidence in American democracy." [...] "Vote for Trump... or we will come after you," the emails read. "Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply. We will know which candidate you voted for. I would take this seriously if I were you. Good luck."
--Patrick

Huh. I wouldn't think Iran would prefer trump to Biden.
Not everyone interfering necessarily has a preferred candidate.
Throwing the USA into disarray and disorder so that they don't meddle internationally is in itself a victory.
The EU is completely powerless, China and Russia don't give a wet noodle what you do to your population or minorities. If the USA isn't pushing for human rights or stuff, there's pretty much no one to stop dictators or would-be tyrants from doing their thing.

The UN has lost all power and backing, compared to the 90s, and is now as useful as the League of Nations in the late 30s.

Some people have said that blood work, particularly in the elderly, can cause similar discoloration and clots, and the bandages would support that. But the fact that he doesn't just say that makes me wonder if it's something far more serious.

The little white bandage behind his index knuckle isn't really a good place to take blood work, but could be a location for a peripheral IV. Which is how remdesivir is administered, incidentally.

Sick or not, it wouldn't surprise me if everyone in Trump's circle is getting it.

And with his old, flabby veins, it wouldn't surprise me if his hand bruised up like that as some nurse sough to find a good entry point for an IV.

Also looks like he's got a little lip rash forming up there. but that could just be smeared lipstick..his pic looks like he's used some kind of coloring on his lips, possibly to look less like a dried up sallow ghoul.

Last edited: