General Empyrion Thread

Dave

Staff member
Oh, and another base cored, another two SVs gone. The Zirax hate my face and attack like a lot. I'm thinking of sticking extra cores with my signature on them at Shadow's place. But I don't think the game would allow that.

GasBandit

Staff member
Great, now do the moon and asteroids of the starting planets. There's no cobalt left anywhere and without it you can't get out of the system.
If any resource type is truly depleted, it should be dropping meteors of them on the surface. That said, I know meteors suck to mine.

So yeah.

Also asteroids do regenerate themselves, that was a vanilla default setting.

Dave

Staff member
I haven't seen any meteors. But thanks for the respawn. If there are ANY resource asteroids by the starting planet besides the single promethium one, I haven't seen it. Wait. I did find a copper one earlier today. But never any cobalt.

Also asteroids do regenerate themselves, that was a vanilla default setting.
Once I left atmo, I’ve exclusively been mining asteroids for just that reason. But as @Dave will confirm, it‘s hard to leave atmo without cobalt and with the Zirax blowing up anything bigger than two blocks stuck together.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I haven't seen any meteors. But thanks for the respawn. If there are ANY resource asteroids by the starting planet besides the single promethium one, I haven't seen it. Wait. I did find a copper one earlier today. But never any cobalt.
Did you put a detector on your ship? It works like the old /scan mod, without all the typing. Fire it like a weapon, and find asteroids with ease.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, in that case, git gud at using it. Because Sudrystelerit Sector has an iron, a silicon, 2 copper, a cobalt, and a promethium asteroid.

If you call up the system map wile you’re in orbit, it will show you all the types of asteroids you can find in the system. If it shows iron, promethium, copper, and cobalt are present, but you’ve only found 2x iron and 2x copper, that means there’s at least two more out there you haven’t found yet.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Well, in that case, git gud at using it. Because Sudrystelerit Sector has an iron, a silicon, 2 copper, a cobalt, and a promethium asteroid.
Yeah okay, spanky. I have stayed far away from other faction's stuff since the last time I got my ass shot off.

Yeah okay, spanky. I have stayed far away from other faction's stuff since the last time I got my ass shot off.
That Zirax dreadnought was a surprise to me, too. I’m not used to finding a big bundle of guns at the center of those things.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Looking for a good POI fighter like we had before (as seen in this old video.

Anyone got any suggestions? The cheap SV I have right now can't take damage for shit and would get me blown up a lot.

Now I just need to go through my old drive to see if I can find any of my old blueprints because apparently Steam didn't bother to cloud save them grr...
Hah! Found 'em.
@Dave, what is keeping you from using the POI fighter you had before? Did you just not save the Workshop link?

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I removed all my workshop links as none of them were viable any longer. Either illegal blocks or too many of a certain block. That kind of thing.

I need to log on tonight after work just to make sure my base has power and ammo and hasn't been reduced to smoking rubble, which would pretty much make me just walk away.

to make sure my base has power and ammo and hasn't been reduced to smoking rubble, which would pretty much make me just walk away.
So far as I know, the Zirax don't show up unless someone is nearby to force the area to load. Otherwise they show up a few minutes after you log in and trigger them.
If you time it right, I can zip in and be sitting nearby right about when you log in, just sayin'. ;)

--Patrick

Welp it's been fun while it lasted I guess.
If you want to give it another go or just need a leg up, I'll be back a little after 7p your time.

--Patrick

I've *finally* made it to where I don't feel like I'm in beginner mode. Level 13. I can get all the basic metals (but no neodymium or the other premium metals) on my starter planet and surrounding asteroids. I have a mining ship that lets me open a side door and asteroid mine with my drone. I have a base. I have both of those things also queued up in my factory.

I fought off a Zirax attack, only lost half my base walls and one constructor. I was able to get back up and running in short order.

And now, I'm planning on making an orbital base, and adding warp capability to my mining SV.

It's been a slog. But I was determined to do it, since last go 'round, Gas and everyone gave me a big leg up, and I missed the early game.

Dave

Staff member
Welp it's been fun while it lasted I guess.
If you want to give it another go or just need a leg up, I'll be back a little after 7p your time.

--Patrick
I fought off the Zirax attack, then ran a quick POI and found some cool stuff that I can sell once I'm welcome back at the trade station. But I had a long day and I need to go to bed.

I've *finally* made it to where I don't feel like I'm in beginner mode. Level 13.
I've been looking for you, off and on, and haven't found you yet. Not that it matters, but just figured I would've stumbled over you at some point. But I know how much fun it is to bootstrap yourself, so even if I do find you, I'll let you be. :)
I fought off the Zirax attack, then ran a quick POI and found some cool stuff that I can sell once I'm welcome back at the trade station. But I had a long day and I need to go to bed.
I was just worried since your base was gone that you were going to hang it up, didn't know you'd already moved out.

--Patrick

I've independently confirmed that 4 is the minimum, with 5 being the recommended minimum. A quincunx arrangement works well, especially if the center one is elevated and there's enough clearance for the corner ones to shoot around it.

--Patrick

Unfortunately, I still can't trade at Polaris. You can't get from "unfriendly" to "neutral" by waiting....the needle only moves if you're in "hostile"

That means you angered them at the start somehow. They start at "neutral" and you can trade no problem.
I spent some time murdering predators while in their territory to push myself up to "honored," they love me now.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
What Pat said. Kill predators in Polaris territory. Using turrets doesn't count for that unless you're manually controlling the turret.

That means you angered them at the start somehow. They start at "neutral" and you can trade no problem.
I spent some time murdering predators while in their territory to push myself up to "honored," they love me now.

--Patrick
Yeah, I picked a plant, like I used to be able to in the old days.
I haven't found Pol territory on the planet yet, but I'm working on it.
Post automatically merged:

Incidentally, if someone wanted to gift me a small stack of neodymium, I'd love to get a gravity generator set up on this freaking base ;)

Dave

Staff member
How many fucking systems do I have to jump to before I find a god damned planet?!? I've been to like 6 systems and they are all nothing but empty space.

Dave

Staff member
Never mind. You warp to the fucking sun and have to discover the planets but can't detect them? Uh....unless I'm doing something wrong that's stupid.

15 full-size solar panels and SIXTY-SEVEN solar capacitors is apparently not enough to survive overnight with 14kPU draw, even though the panels peak at 35kPU during the day (enough to charge the caps from zero to full so long as I'm nearby) and I had 60000 fuel in reserve.
So after coming back and finding my base dead AGAIN, I'm adding a motion sensor to my teleporter to see if that makes any difference. 100500 in battery and 120000 in fuel with 300PU draw, we'll see how long I can go now between visits.

--Patrick